Has anyone been able to figure out how to send your location? Everytime I try and send mine it will locate me but will not send nor let me view my location. My question is I do not have BB Maps installed. I have Google Maps. Would this be the problem as to why I can not send my location? I would think I would be able to send my location regardless of what I'm using but knowing RIM I probably need BB Maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 03:20 AM
    Without BB Maps you cannot view locations other BBM users send to you. However you can still send your location to others.
    07-18-09 03:30 AM
    I thought so but was wanting a second opinion. But the only thing is it wouldn't let me send my location regardless.

07-18-09 03:36 AM
    I thought without BB maps you couldnt send or receive locations. BBM location sending and your picture goetagging required BB maps. I could be wrong tho. lol as i deleted BB maps as soon as i got my phone. haha
    07-18-09 10:12 AM
    I thought without BB maps you couldnt send or receive locations. BBM location sending and your picture goetagging required BB maps. I could be wrong tho. lol as i deleted BB maps as soon as i got my phone. haha
    So far you need to have bbmaps with bbmessenger. Perhaps that will change when the final version is released
    07-18-09 10:19 AM
    google maps would be nice but I doubt Rim will go with that.
    07-18-09 10:36 AM
    You can still get distance, just no map without BBmaps
    07-18-09 10:38 AM
    You can still get distance, just no map without BBmaps
    Not surprised by this. Rim is probably making sure people actually use bbmaps for a change.

Morning by the way.
    07-18-09 10:42 AM
    Not surprised by this. Rim is probably making sure people actually use bbmaps for a change.

Morning by the way.
    yeah i wont add BBmaps back just to use with BBM though, especially if the distance still works, i would assume proximity still does too
    07-18-09 10:50 AM
    yeah i wont add BBmaps back just to use with BBM though, especially if the distance still works, i would assume proximity still does too
    hopefully they make bbmaps better, since to me it is the most reundant app that rim made. Have you made custom status headers? I wish that rim expand on that functionality.
    07-18-09 10:58 AM
    Location sharing isn't working for me either. I have bbmaps installed on my phone and my wife's. On both of our storms we can view and send the location but the contact will never receive the location. Worked fine on the old bbm.

Anyone get this working yet?
    07-19-09 10:55 PM
    Location sharing isn't working for me either. I have bbmaps installed on my phone and my wife's. On both of our storms we can view and send the location but the contact will never receive the location. Worked fine on the old bbm.

i've been using this for 2 days just fine. add me and we can test and see if they're really not going thru. i know mine works.
    07-19-09 11:17 PM
    Mine n my girlfriends works.....

07-20-09 12:30 AM
    I barely have enough memory as it is, and now they want me to add BBM?

They really need to allow app install to SD.

07-29-09 10:42 PM
    I'd hate to have my gf know about this.. Google maps it is

07-30-09 12:25 AM

I can view/send my own location to another BB Messenger user (even those without BB M 5.0), however I can't figure out how to locate somebody's else's location??? In the settings, I have the option to provide rights to other contacts to see my location, but I can't figure out how to request somebody else's location.....

Has anybody else been able to figure this one out???
    07-30-09 10:55 AM
    What does location sharing do exactly? Does it beep when someone is nearby? Or does it just display their location in your chat window?
    07-30-09 12:21 PM
    Per the documentation under help with BBM 5.0, one can set an alert if their proximity to another contact is within x distance, however the menu options are not supporting the documentation, so I believe the app is not yet complete - we must have a beta light without some additional functionality.

The other thing is as I mentioned above that I can't figure out is you to get access to another contacts GPS location as you have the option to set this parameter for your contacts as Always, Prompt or No. So how does one go about requesting the location of another???
    07-30-09 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD