Since the last one was closed for no apparent reason...

Anyway.

So far the bottom row of buttons (add contact, up and down arrows etc.) do not work half the time and end up scrolling all the way down the page when I touch it...not even click.

Also, it only registers clicks when it wants to. I get a message and click on the convo and nothing happens. Im forced to hit the menu key then open convo to reply.
    07-17-09 09:45 PM
    Battery pull?

I had that issue so I did a battery pull and it didn't happen after that.
    07-17-09 09:48 PM
    For some reason, my phone resets hahaha.
    07-17-09 09:49 PM
    Battery pull?

I had that issue so I did a battery pull and it didn't happen after that.
    I tried that and it got worse. I literally cannot....CANNOT click a convo to open it anymore.
    07-17-09 09:53 PM
    I tried that and it got worse. I literally cannot....CANNOT click a convo to open it anymore.
    reinstall it again, that might work??
    07-17-09 09:55 PM
    its sketchy, it works sometimes and not others. i have to use the BB button about 50% of the time
    07-17-09 09:58 PM
    What's going on with my phone LOL.. Its been doing the device reset thing..
    07-17-09 10:00 PM
    I have the exact same problem however that problem started when I installed OS .151 and it would open my convos in the native RIM AIM, Yahoo and MSN messengers. I really really really do NOT want to downgrade back to .148 because I have NO memory leaks anymore and its amazing but I think its a .151 problem.
    I've had the same problem since installing OS .151. It has become a more pronounced problem since installing BBM 5.0
    07-17-09 10:03 PM
    Mine has been stable, did you use DM 5.0. I used 4.7
    07-17-09 10:06 PM
    Mine has been stable, did you use DM 5.0. I used 4.7
    Explain to me the logic of that thinking. Whether you installed it with 5.0 or 4.7 shouldn't matter.

I've had two resets tonight. If it happens again I will delete and reinstall BBM 4.7 from my backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 10:15 PM
    Do you have weatherbug installed by any chance? For some reason that app makes my phone restart much more often. I have had about 2 or 3 random reboots already on .151. Took off WB this morning and no problems yet *crosses fingers*

I've had the same problem since installing OS .151. It has become a more pronounced problem since installing BBM 5.0
    I guess .151 is the issue. I figured I was the only one since nobody else would mention it. Usually CB is very nit-picky and i cant see how something as big and annoying as this would be ignored.
    07-17-09 10:15 PM
    Do you have weatherbug installed by any chance? For some reason that app makes my phone restart much more often. I have had about 2 or 3 random reboots already on .151. Took off WB this morning and no problems yet *crosses fingers*

I guess .151 is the issue. I figured I was the only one since nobody else would mention it. Usually CB is very nit-picky and i cant see how something as big and annoying as this would be ignored.
    Not sure about if it is 151. Mine works fine
    07-17-09 10:27 PM
    I have the exact same problem however that problem started when I installed OS .151 and it would open my convos in the native RIM AIM, Yahoo and MSN messengers. I really really really do NOT want to downgrade back to .148 because I have NO memory leaks anymore and its amazing but I think its a .151 problem.
    I'm on .148 with no problems and no memory leak. If you decide to go back PM or email me and I'll help with ur leak problem.
    [email protected]

07-17-09 10:36 PM
    I'm on .148 with no problems and no memory leak. If you decide to go back PM or email me and I'll help with ur leak problem.
    [email protected]

I see you are still posting from your phone. You still in the woods?
    07-17-09 10:41 PM
    No I'm home now. But I'm out celebrating last weekend before school starts again. Woot!

[/off topic]

07-17-09 10:44 PM
    No I'm home now. But I'm out celebrating last weekend before school starts again. Woot!

[/off topic]

Put the phone down and go enjoy the weekend.
    07-17-09 10:48 PM
    My contacts aren't going "Busy" after 30 seconds or so when a message remains "D" (Delivered) but not "R" (Read)
    07-17-09 11:14 PM
    My contacts aren't going "Busy" after 30 seconds or so when a message remains "D" (Delivered) but not "R" (Read)
    It just takes longer now.

07-17-09 11:23 PM
    Since the last one was closed for no apparent reason...

Anyway.

So far the bottom row of buttons (add contact, up and down arrows etc.) do not work half the time and end up scrolling all the way down the page when I touch it...not even click.

Also, it only registers clicks when it wants to. I get a message and click on the convo and nothing happens. Im forced to hit the menu key then open convo to reply.
    All of my already opened convos open when I click each name but when I want to start a new chat by clicking the users name in the contacts list, it does not want to open and then I am forced to press menu and start chat.
    07-18-09 01:02 AM
    I noticed this issue but it only seems to happen 50% of the time.
    07-18-09 01:31 AM
    I can only open a chat from users name. Not the previous messages selection.

is anyone having an issue with avatars not showing up? What about flag info being broadvast to other users?

Also, is it just me or does sending location take forever.

I'm using .151 Mexican release.
    Last edited by dieseldennis; 07-18-09 at 03:46 AM.
    07-18-09 03:32 AM
    I get a "this application is incompatible with your device and cannot be installed" message

Downloaded it from blackberryos.com if that matters, is there another location can get it from?

I just ipdated to VZW's .148 last night
    07-18-09 07:23 AM
    I get a "this application is incompatible with your device and cannot be installed" message

Downloaded it from blackberryos.com if that matters, is there another location can get it from?

I just ipdated to VZW's .148 last night
    How are you attempting to download. Details please, if you're doing it correctly you should not get that message.
    07-18-09 07:37 AM
    How are you attempting to download. Details please, if you're doing it correctly you should not get that message.
    the regular DM woulndt work for me so was doing it this way:

"I know some people are having issues with the icon but I had no such issues.

I have an 8330 running 4.5.0.160.

I used the download for the 83xx, unzipped and moved all the ,cod files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader\8330-v4.5.0.106_P3.4.0.41\Java

Some files already in the Java folder had the same name so I allowed it to replace the old with the new.

Then I moved the .alx file to C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\
    Loader\8330-v4.5.0.160_P3.4.0.41

Then I opened the DM and opened the application loader, it showed an upgrade for BBM to 5.0, I clicked next and it installed and after the reboot it was up and running.

The icon appears in custom themes and default themes.

Note that the Program Files (x86) is for Vista, for XP it's just Program Files

I hope this helps someone get theirs figured out. " (Got this off the How To on the above website)

i have a storm obvously, but following that principle.. is there a better way?

edit: i might have it, now its showing it as an update... nvmd I got a "Fatal Error try again message)
    Last edited by GreekElite; 07-18-09 at 08:12 AM.
    07-18-09 08:06 AM
    the regular DM woulndt work for me so was doing it this way:

"I know some people are having issues with the icon but I had no such issues.

I have an 8330 running 4.5.0.160.

I used the download for the 83xx, unzipped and moved all the ,cod files to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader\8330-v4.5.0.106_P3.4.0.41\Java

Some files already in the Java folder had the same name so I allowed it to replace the old with the new.

Then I moved the .alx file to C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\
    Loader\8330-v4.5.0.160_P3.4.0.41

Then I opened the DM and opened the application loader, it showed an upgrade for BBM to 5.0, I clicked next and it installed and after the reboot it was up and running.

The icon appears in custom themes and default themes.

Note that the Program Files (x86) is for Vista, for XP it's just Program Files

I hope this helps someone get theirs figured out. " (Got this off the How To on the above website)

i have a storm obvously, but following that principle.. is there a better way?

edit: i might have it, now its showing it as an update
    I'll be honest, I didn't do it that way. I see others saying having problems with DM but that was not my case. Just double checking, you're using the 8330 principle but you've downloaded the Storm BBM 5.0 files, correct?
    07-18-09 08:12 AM
353 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD