So i kept having people say my mic was fading when talking to them. ends up it was whenver i was laying down and the phone was upside down. I thought i might be crazy so i tested it.

Called a land line with the BB and played music from my computer. when i rotated the phone upside down it cut out the mic. thats so frickin weird. I had my friend try it out as well and same deal...

any input?
    Last edited by quickstreek; 07-17-09 at 06:42 PM.
    07-17-09 06:38 PM
    I'm surprised nobody else has commented on this, because this has been my only problem so far with the Tour.

If I'm lying down, or if I hold the phone horizontally against my face, the people who I'm talking to say the phone cuts out entirely.

I'm wondering if this is release-wide thing, or if its only on a handful of units?
    07-18-09 10:08 AM
    Actually...this happens to me too. When I lean back in my recliner it sounds to others like I'm talking from inside a tunnel.

Voch
    07-18-09 01:27 PM
    same issue here...

Solution, wired headset...beats holdin the phone to my head while im chillin anyway.
    07-18-09 01:55 PM
    because this phone has a noise cancelling microphone on top which is starting to pick up your voice when the phone is held at weird angles...
    07-18-09 02:15 PM
    because this phone has a noise cancelling microphone on top which is starting to pick up your voice when the phone is held at weird angles...
    perhaps... i was donering if there was something like that but iven if its in the same orientation to my face just laying down it does it...

you could be right... i'll try to experiment with it when i get some time.
    07-18-09 04:55 PM
    i had this exact same problem on my storm. damn, now i gotta try it. that would suck if it happens on mine.
    07-18-09 07:19 PM
    I guess that is the same problem I am having. If I talk on it while laying in bed the person I am talking with has trouble hearing me. They say it sounds like I am in a tunnel or just that it is like I am whispering. Are there any fixes for this? I thought it was my phone cover and made some modifications to it to try to help with the problem.
    07-26-09 01:05 PM
    YES! I'm glad other people are having this problem. I just traded my Storm for a Tour for free from work. I had issues with my Storm, so they think I'm one of "those people" who always have issues with my phone. Anyone have any solutions yet for this? The noise cancellation thing makes the most sense.
    08-28-09 02:31 PM
    I too have this issue. I thought I was laying on the mic or something.
    08-28-09 02:44 PM
    I ahve the same problem -- frustrating as **** -- im gonna try calling RIM or blackberry about it
    10-01-09 02:31 PM
    Please post back with results...
    10-01-09 02:46 PM
    Could it be that talking while standing or sitting, your support hand is deflecting your voice into the mic; and while lying or otherwise inverted, your support hand is no longer deflecting your voice? Also, I notice that while talking in a quieter environment, i.e., bedroom, I tend to speak softer.
    10-01-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD