View Poll Results: Does your headphone jack work??

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Works just fine

93 65.03%
  • Does not work well

43 30.07%
  • No clue what you are speaking of

7 4.90%
    I just wanted to see how many people were having problems with their headphone jack. Mine I have to hold a certin way or wiggle it around to and then keep it in place to get it working anyone else having any issues like that??
    07-17-09 03:29 PM
    I have noticed if I use headphones that don't have a mic and I push them to hard into the Tour the music won't switch from external speakers to ear buds. I don't have that problem with the oem head phones or any head phones with a mic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 04:02 PM
    I have noticed if I use headphones that don't have a mic and I push them to hard into the Tour the music won't switch from external speakers to ear buds. I don't have that problem with the oem head phones or any head phones with a mic.

the issue im having is with my car aux port i;m not sure if its because its a non oem headset or what but one of the main reasons I got my tour was to use it in my car inplace of a mp3 player since my zune was stolen this kind of defeats one of the purposes. Oh well anyone else please chime in
    07-17-09 04:05 PM
    only headphones i've tried were my gf's sennheiser cx 300 and they worked fine. hopefully it'll be this way with any others i try...
    07-17-09 04:09 PM
    One of the first few things I did when I got my Tour was test the jack. Glad to have one that works great.
    07-17-09 04:13 PM
    Mines works fine.
    07-17-09 04:14 PM
    depending on the set of headphones i use it works, i have some white earbuds and a male/male cable i use to plug into my car, neither of those cables work with the phone, it just kinda of makes static noise an then ignores theres a wire altogether. But, the BB headphones that came with it, and my skullcandy FMJ's work fine with it. to listen to my music in my car tho i plug the male/male cord into my skullcandy cord extension, and then plug that into my phone.
    07-17-09 04:55 PM
    Yeah I plugged and unplugged my Ipod headphones in and out of my Tour and I did not notice any problems. I did notice that when I pulled the headphones out or put them in that the music the phone was playing would pause until I hit play but no sound errors of any kind.
    07-17-09 04:58 PM
    I am also having problems with my earphone jack. It only works if I place the earphones halfway in. I have tried three different sets of earphones. And the music also pauses when I remove them. That's very annoying. I plan to exchange the phone on August 1st, when they comes to the Sprint stores.
    07-17-09 05:28 PM
    Well, at least I'm not alone. I'm loving the tour but,..... my headphones don't work. I tried them first with Slacker and it played for a bit on my headphones then went to external speaker only.... I called Vz, the guy's supposed to call me back with an answer. Sucks.....
    07-17-09 06:27 PM
    on some of the tours, you have to access the BB menu once you are in your music player and scroll down to the ACTIVE HEADSET button... that should fix some of your guys problems...
    07-17-09 06:51 PM
    on some of the tours, you have to access the BB menu once you are in your music player and scroll down to the ACTIVE HEADSET button... that should fix some of your guys problems...
    no it won't, that's for bluetooth

my headphone jack doesn't work well either. it works on my car's aux input but not on the bb headphones. i'll be trying to get a fix shortly.
    07-21-09 07:00 PM
    I have the same problem. When I use it with my 3.5 aux input in my car, it doesn't work at all

07-21-09 07:39 PM
    I noticed that head phones with a tiny shorter plugs work. Can anybody confirm?
    I would like to file down a longer plug and see if it works.
    Love to hear from others who would try to file down the plugs.

07-26-09 01:14 PM
    I am also having problems with my earphone jack. It only works if I place the earphones halfway in. I have tried three different sets of earphones. And the music also pauses when I remove them. That's very annoying. I plan to exchange the phone on August 1st, when they comes to the Sprint stores.
    Music pausing when removing it is a PLUS. Avoids letting the song continue while you arent listening. This also is applied to iPods.
    07-26-09 01:35 PM
    Just had my tour replaced for bad headset/headphone port. VW store had 2 out on the floor. Of the 2 phones on the floor it was 50/50 on working headset/headphone port 1 worked and 1 didn't work.
    07-31-09 02:34 PM
    Well, at least I'm not alone. I'm loving the tour but,..... my headphones don't work. I tried them first with Slacker and it played for a bit on my headphones then went to external speaker only.... I called Vz, the guy's supposed to call me back with an answer. Sucks.....
    did you hear anything back?

With me is that any headphone that has a straight jack (no "L" bend jacks) work great. If I used a jack with an "L" bend the port acts crazy. Sometimes it doesn't recognized that headphones are plugged in, etc. The VZW store was reluctant to change out the device. My favorite earphones have the "L" bend, so I didn't like that. I kept the Tour as is because I'm hoping that there are enough complaints and something will be done. Besides, I could use a new set of earphones that have the straight jack.

(I think the "L" jacks are so that the wire isn't easily yanked out of the port on your audio devices).
    07-31-09 02:59 PM
    Mine works just fine.
    07-31-09 03:14 PM
    Havent had one problem with the headphone jack.
    07-31-09 03:22 PM
    I've had problems with mine, same issue. I use it in the car instead of an MP3 player and have had to jiggle it or pull it outslightly to get it to work with my Shure E2c head phones also. After reading the trackball forum and feeling like mine hasn't worked right since I got it, I'm exchanging mine after work today, just hope I don't trade 1 issue for another!
    07-31-09 03:22 PM
    works fine so far.
    07-31-09 03:26 PM
    This took care of the problem for me

NewerTech� Headphone Jack Adapter for iPhone�
    07-31-09 03:40 PM
    does anyone else have this happen:

when I click the volume button on the side of the phone to lower the volume (only), it skips to the beginning of the track

haha kind of a weird glitch?
    07-31-09 04:01 PM
    I haven't tried the headphone jack, I use the Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones.
    07-31-09 04:13 PM
    Yeah, I definitely have the same problem with mine. Interesting point about the L connector, that does seem to be consistent, anyone else want to chime in on this?

One way you can test yours for problems, go to Options > Status and type the word "test". Start the Headset Audio test. When I plug my aux cord in, it just rapidly scrolls through Plugged/Unplugged. I have trackball problems too, so I'm gonna wait as long as possible to take it back for a replacement and hope for a good one.

07-31-09 04:19 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD