Voters
374. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

266 71.12%
  • No

108 28.88%
    Is everyone's battery door loose?
    07-17-09 02:05 PM
    My second Tour was loose, but I brought it back and they gave me an entire new Tour. Its better to do it now because they have no refurbished Tours to give so you get a brand new one.
    07-17-09 02:15 PM
    My second Tour was loose, but I brought it back and they gave me an entire new Tour. Its better to do it now because they have no refurbished Tours to give so you get a brand new one.
    And the battery door now isn't loose at all???
    07-17-09 02:20 PM
    Mine isn't what I would consider loose.

But how much movement are people actually getting?

Mine moves maybe 1/2 a mm. But Its not an issue for me.
    07-17-09 02:22 PM
    Mine isn't what I would consider loose.

But how much movement are people actually getting?

Mine moves maybe 1/2 a mm. But Its not an issue for me.
    yeah about 1/2 to a whole mm. It's def moving, but not a lot. Not happy about it given its only gonna get worse and no other bb has a loose battery door. totally dumb and not the way it was on the model i played with about a month ago
    07-17-09 02:25 PM
    You can clearly see on the body of the Tour, at the bottom of the device there are two holes, on the battery cover there are two small divots that one would assume should have little pieces to lock in to said holes.

My backdoor has the divots and no small little pieces that would presumably attach to the back of the device. Most likely, this is an issue with the battery cover, and the battery cover alone.
    07-17-09 02:31 PM
    You can clearly see on the body of the Tour, at the bottom of the device there are two holes, on the battery cover there are two small divots that one would assume should have little pieces to lock in to said holes.

My backdoor has the divots and no small little pieces that would presumably attach to the back of the device. Most likely, this is an issue with the battery cover, and the battery cover alone.
    so yours moves a little then?

this pretty much sucks.

guess im going back to vzw to get one that doesn't move around.
    07-17-09 02:42 PM
    Mine is nice and snug...
    07-17-09 02:44 PM
    Mine is nice and snug...
    Does it move at all?
    07-17-09 02:50 PM
    Nope, mine is pretty snug.
    07-17-09 02:53 PM
    Mine moves. Went into Verizon today to see what they could do for me. They opened up about 5 boxes of Tours and they were all loose, so I guess I'm stuck with this one? haha.
    07-17-09 02:53 PM
    I'm not payin over $200 for a phone that has loose parts. what a piece of crap. I guess they'll fix it in a few weeks or months.
    07-17-09 03:00 PM
    Again, everyone needs to just calm down :P

Mine moves, but only a very tiny bit. It's an issue with the cover itself. I'm sure RIM will own up to it, and when they start selling those accessory doors we'll all probably have a good case to get a replacement one.
    07-17-09 03:07 PM
    Again, everyone needs to just calm down :P

Mine moves, but only a very tiny bit. It's an issue with the cover itself. I'm sure RIM will own up to it, and when they start selling those accessory doors we'll all probably have a good case to get a replacement one.
    you're probably right. can always replace the door I suppose or toss a little case on that bad boy. other than that its a pretty bad *** phone.

thanks for talking sense.
    07-17-09 03:12 PM
    Mine is a little, but nothing to fret about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 03:13 PM
    If you guys have loose doors, go and try differnt battery doors. you should be able to find one that fits your CURRENT phone just fine
    07-17-09 03:20 PM
    I got my Tour yesterday and am lovin it so far. I had them open up 4 Tours in the store. First 3 moved prob 1 mm back and fourth, the last one moved prob half of that and I just went with it. After using the phone for a day it really doesnt bother me.

I figure I might get a new door in a month or so or try that one fix with the waterproof tape that was on a thread a few days ago.
    07-17-09 03:25 PM
    Mines move but i got a skin on it so it doesn't really that much to me now.
    07-17-09 03:39 PM
    Mines extremely loose. It wasn't this bad when I got it but 2 days later and I accidentally unlatched it with my finger while typing.
    It moves enough that I have to constantly re adjust my grip while typing too.
    It's going back tonight as I have other issues as well.
    07-17-09 03:46 PM
    I voted yes but it has a very, very small amount of play. Less than 1 mm. Not enough to make it come loose. I didn't even notice it until people started posting about it.

Two strips of cloth first-aid tape on the battery and the door doesn't move in the slightest any more.
    07-17-09 03:52 PM
    Mine moves. Went into Verizon today to see what they could do for me. They opened up about 5 boxes of Tours and they were all loose, so I guess I'm stuck with this one? haha.
    Haha same thing happened to me. The lady opened one up and it was loose as well so she said I was stuck with this. Luckily, the guy next to me was getting a Tour as well, and his battery cover was very tight. So she went back and found one that isn't perfect, but still fits very well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 03:58 PM
    Went in to a Verizon today and they said they haven't heard of anyone having problems. I voted "yes" btw..
    07-17-09 03:59 PM
    Mine jiggles ever so slightly if I try to move it, but while it is being used I never notice it.
    07-17-09 04:15 PM
    Mine does not move at all.
    07-17-09 04:37 PM
    mine wiggles a bit, but not a deal breaker for me
    i have a skin on it so I can't even tell if the battery door moves with the skin on
    07-17-09 04:37 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD