I have a disc with DM 5.0 from Verizon. I need to return it today so I would like to know what the upside is of DM 5.0 over 4.5. I could install it but I do not know if that is a good idea.

You thoughts....
    07-17-09 11:23 AM
    I don't know the differences. but you can always download DM 5.0 from the verizon site.
    07-17-09 11:36 AM
    I have the VZ disc with 5.0 on it I just want to know if I should install it for my 8330.
    07-17-09 11:54 AM
    If you have to return it today, why don't you save the install to your hard drive and install it later if you decide you want to.

Or, like was said before, you can just get it from the VZW site when you decide to go ahead with it.

I haven't seen a difference with the new one yet, either.
    07-17-09 12:01 PM
    Thanks Kasper Great idea.

I am not a Verizon customer, I am sticking with Sprint and my Curve. I just can not justify the cost of the Verizon plan given the incremental device upgrade. So before I ship it all back I will save file as you suggested If I can figure out how to do that
    07-17-09 12:38 PM
    Why bother, it can be downloaded from the blackberry website if you need it.
    07-17-09 12:49 PM
    I've only given DM 5.0 a quick glance so far (which I downloaded from the VZW site BTW) but one thing that caught my eye was an option for encrypted backup in the device backup section. It also prompted me for a newer version of Media Sync (but 4.6 or 4.7 would probably have done the same).
    07-17-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD