im a new bb user, and i installed the desktop manager cd that came with my bb and when i open it it opens for a second and then closes about a split second, im using vista, and i have un/re installed about a dozen times, what am i doing wrong.
    03-30-08 08:24 PM
    You need to install Desktop Manager from a user that has administrator privileges. Certain files weren't able to be installed correctly from a limited user account. Uninstall the software, reboot, then install from a user with admin privileges.
    03-30-08 08:35 PM
    I think you can fix this by right clicking on the .exe file and selecting "run as administrator."
    03-30-08 08:40 PM
    You need to install Desktop Manager from a user that has administrator privileges. Certain files weren't able to be installed correctly from a limited user account. Uninstall the software, reboot, then install from a user with admin privileges.
    i did, i am running it as admin from a admin account, its my account wich is admin. i even turned off the admin thing in cont/pannel user account. same thing.
    03-30-08 08:40 PM
    Sunkast's suggestion is one method, but I can tell you that one important solution would be to make sure you have the latest SP1 update for vista. I had the exact same issue that you mentioned the first time i installed DM. Even after i got DM installed and opened up, I was still experiencing communication issues with BB and DM through usb. So i can say from experience that SP1 will definately eliminate all or most of these issues.
    03-30-08 08:41 PM
    Sunkast's suggestion is one method, but I can tell you that one important solution would be to make sure you have the latest SP1 update for vista. I had the exact same issue that you mentioned the first time i installed DM. Even after i got DM installed and opened up, I was still experiencing communication issues with BB and DM through usb. So i can say from experience that SP1 will definately eliminate all or most of these issues.
    d/l it now i will update when fin.
    03-30-08 08:43 PM
    Hmm one other think we may have overlooked is that the software on the CD is version 4.2. I think if you are running Vista you have to use version 4.3. So if you were installing version 4.2 download and install 4.3. Go to the link below and download BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.3 from the drop down menu.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    03-30-08 08:59 PM
    DM 4.2 SP2 is compatible with Vista. I, personally, think 4.2 SP2 is a better, more stable, build.
    03-30-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD