I don't know about other people, but I totally changed the menus. I created 8 new folders and totally reorganized all the applications in a manner that makes sense to me. I color coded the folders to make them distinguisable. Plus there we 4 folders that came with the phone These were my categories

1. Messaging - e-mail, SMS, Twitter, ...etc.
    2. Internet related - Browsers and Internet Apps like RSS readers, Facebook .. etc.
    3. Navigation - GPS and maps
    4. Office related Applications - Docs to go, calendar, contacts ... etc.
    5. Media - camera, music, video, voice notes ... etc.
    6. Utlilities - turn off, calculator, manage connections, lock, clock, search, quick pull ... etc.
    7. Phone related - visual voice mail, beyond 411, voice dialing, sounds, google voice - ...etc.
    8. Application finders - BB app world, ..etc.
    9. Games
    10. IM
    11. Setup
    12. Download

This makes it easy to find things fast. What do others do?
    07-16-09 11:26 PM
    I simply made a new folder titled "Launchers" for all my, you guessed it, web site launchers.
    07-16-09 11:29 PM
    I like some of those, may do some re-organizing myself...
    07-17-09 12:12 AM
    You did a pretty good job. I should really get around to this.
    07-17-09 12:22 AM
    I can understand that alot of people like to make those folders but i personally just want everything right in front of me rather than have to click on the folder then go to the app. what i did was change the download location to the application folder than just hid the download folder. But heres my order:

Facebook
    Opera Mini
    Viigo
    Calendar
    Browser
    Google Maps
    Media
    CB launcher
    AP
    Flixster
    Contacts
    Clock
    Apps
    Games
    Connections
    Options

everything else is in the apps folder or hidden
    07-17-09 12:57 AM
    I don't know about other people, but I totally changed the menus. I created 8 new folders and totally reorganized all the applications in a manner that makes sense to me. I color coded the folders to make them distinguisable. Plus there we 4 folders that came with the phone These were my categories

2. Internet related - Browsers and Internet Apps like RSS readers, Facebook .. etc.
    6. Utlilities - turn off, calculator, manage connections, lock, clock, search, quick pull ... etc.
    7. Phone related - visual voice mail, beyond 411, voice dialing, sounds, google voice - ...etc.
    8. Application finders - BB app world, ..etc.
    9. Games
    10. IM
    11. Setup
    12. Download

This makes it easy to find things fast. What do others do?
    Sorry for the ignorance as this is my first BB. Did you do this to the homescreen and if so what shortcuts do you have showing. Thanks
    07-17-09 12:58 AM
    wow great job thanks for this it took about 10 mins to do everything but im so much better off and well organized! like edrod said please tell us what is on your homescreen thanks!
    07-17-09 01:16 AM
    mine is new folders and such

i made a media folder that contains anything pertaining to media IE extra browsers videos camera youtube viigo pandora all that good stuff

I made a mail folder which I dumped all the individual email boxes into for my accounts that go to the blackberry as I only really use the messages folder

I moved icons around that belong in places that rim didn't agree with me on.. IE tools has some of the things in it that were not there to start with..

but A bunch of my moving was to make more room in the main menu.. for the things I use most IE beejive bb messenger weather bug etc
    07-17-09 01:19 AM
    My first 5 are WeatherEye, BBM, �berTwitter, Bolt Browser and Palringo.

I dumped almost all of the apps in the Downloads folder into the Home and deleted the instant messaging and sports/entertainment folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 01:29 AM
    Well i just took some out of the folders and put it on my home...like bbm and aim, and the navigator...everything i've downloaded...but my six icons on the home screen are

Sms
    Email
    BB Messenger
    Facebook
    Crackberry
    wow great job thanks for this it took about 10 mins to do everything but im so much better off and well organized! like edrod said please tell us what is on your homescreen thanks!
    Your welcome - glad some of you like the organization.

I have 1st 6 folders on my home screen in that order.

I also changed the left convenience key to "switch application". So I can push that and immediately go to anything that is open or any of the apps that always in there like BB Browser, Messages, home ... etc.
    Last edited by Mozy; 07-17-09 at 10:05 AM.
    07-17-09 10:03 AM
    ... I color coded the folders to make them distinguisable....
    How did you set a specific color to a new folder ? I'm looking through the menu and cannot find such an option...
    07-17-09 10:20 AM
    Quicklaunch.

Currently organizing it so there are multiple folders on the main menu similar to what you have mentioned above.

Greatest app ever.
    07-17-09 10:25 AM
    I avoid folders as much as possible. It just slows down access.
    07-17-09 10:31 AM
    How did you set a specific color to a new folder ? I'm looking through the menu and cannot find such an option...
    Go to the folder and edit it and then move the cursor over the picture of the folder and hit enter.
    07-17-09 11:23 AM
    I avoid folders as much as possible. It just slows down access.
    For me it speeds up the process in the biggest way. Everything is 2 clicks away AND I know where everything is. There is no scrolling because all of the applications in each folder fit on 1 screen. If it is an application I use all the time I have it open then all I do is hit the right convenience key to access all my open documents.

That being said everyone is different and should create a system that works for them. There is no one right answer.
    07-17-09 11:28 AM
    Go to the folder and edit it and then move the cursor over the picture of the folder and hit enter.
    Thanks, didn't know about this. I will try this setup for sure.
    07-17-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD