I have had my Blackberry Curve 8330 for about 5 months now. I am constantly having to do a battery pull in order to put the phone in stand by mode. Not sure what I am doing to make it not go into stand by mode. It seems to almost always happen when I leave my car, after the phone has been in hands free mode. Has anyone else had this problem? Doing a battery pull always works, but it is very annoying, especially if I am in a hurry and want to put my blackberry in my purse and go. Any thoughts?
    07-16-09 10:49 PM
    ive never had a problem with hands free mode with my curve, i have to ask you are holding that stand by key down right?
    07-16-09 10:58 PM
    the standby key is the mute key on top of the phone. you hold it down a few secs and enters standby mode. what exactly is the issue? WHat happens when you do that?
    07-17-09 12:59 AM
    Yup, I also have this problem... it only happen after I turn off my bluetooth handsfree... Even though I press the standby key nothing happen..

First I thought the OS but it happened since the previous OS I had. My current OS is 4.5.0.163 and BB model is 8310
    07-17-09 04:51 AM
    I use the oem slipcase, it reduces the dust getting into the trackball when its in my pocket. The magnet in the case puts it in standby every time.

You can also set your device to automatically go to standby after "x" minutes. Cut it back to 2-5 minutes could possibly work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 04:56 AM
    that only happened to me when i turned on the bluetooth device while it was already in standby mode and then cut it off. I have to make sure the bb is active, then turn on my bluetooth, and then I don't have those issues.
    07-17-09 06:35 AM
    You are right about that. I made sure my blackberry was active before I started the car and then when I shut off the car I was able to enter stand by mode. Thanks for the tip. I think that is the key to the problem.
    07-17-09 11:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD