After loading .151, I noticed the better memory retention. Then, I said to my self, "what the ****" and installed weatherbug. Since installing and running for 2 days, I've lost maybe 1.5 mb. Now it's hlding. Some of the other memory loss may also be from pandora ot other stuff on my phone. 1.5 mb is nothing to worry about as long as it stops there, so, I'M HAPPY!!

Can anyone else confirm that .151 and weatherbug doesn't= memory hog?
    07-16-09 09:41 PM
    I've run Weatherbug since I got the Storm. Never really had issues.
    07-16-09 09:45 PM
    I've run Weatherbug for a while, too. I had some serious memory drain with .148 and the one prior to that, but it's gone now. I never bothered to load my apps one at a time to see what was doing it, but I can confirm that it works just fine now.
    07-16-09 09:51 PM
    previous versions of the OS would leak memory for me as long as i ran ANY app, requiring a reboot every other day to maintain enough memory to keep my messages from being deleted

.151 does a great job at not dropping below 40mb, but i still reboot every other day because i keep getting this UDP socket error when i try to connect with FML and NWSclient
    07-16-09 09:52 PM
    +!!!!100000
    07-16-09 09:58 PM
    no problems
    07-16-09 10:02 PM
    previous versions of the OS would leak memory for me as long as i ran ANY app, requiring a reboot every other day to maintain enough memory to keep my messages from being deleted

.151 does a great job at not dropping below 40mb, but i still reboot every other day because i keep getting this UDP socket error when i try to connect with FML and NWSclient
    FYI, the UDP error is caused by the 151 radio file. You can still keep the bulk of 151 and swap out the radio file and you wont get those errors no more. See the following thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/15...issues-269198/ specifically posts #1, #6 and #21.

It's not as hard as it looks....and it works.
    07-16-09 10:12 PM
    FYI, the UDP error is caused by the 151 radio file. You can still keep the bulk of 151 and swap out the radio file and you wont get those errors no more. See the following thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/15...issues-269198/ specifically posts #1, #6 and #21.

It's not as hard as it looks....and it works.
    i figure i'd give .151 at least until the weekend, but will probably swap out to .148 (which was the best radio thus far)
    07-16-09 10:28 PM
    WB really never gave me many probs either. However...since loading .151 the icon is never correct.

for example...right now its 90 degrees and sunny...but WB shows a full moon in front of a cloud. same for night time.

anyone else???
    07-17-09 09:53 AM
    WB really never gave me many probs either. However...since loading .151 the icon is never correct.

for example...right now its 90 degrees and sunny...but WB shows a full moon in front of a cloud. same for night time.

anyone else???
    How often do you have it set to update?
    07-17-09 10:03 AM
    I downloaded WeatherBerry (trial) last night to compare it to Weatherbug. While it's more graphical and pleasant to look at, WeatherBerry also has daily or weekly forecasts and some other stuff easily accessible through the app that 'Bug doesn't have.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to keep it, because I'm not sure if it's worth it to skip an extra couple steps.
    07-17-09 12:29 PM
    Weatherbug has a beta version available off their site - after running this beta version, I've noticed memory and performance (updates) are much better - running .148
    07-17-09 12:55 PM
    Oh yeah...about the actual thread topic...I too have run WeatherBug from day one (Novemeber) and have never had battery or memory problems from it. Although now that BerryWeather has radar, I think it's a much cooler looking app. I still can't figure out why all these weather apps can't agree on what the percentage of rain is for a given day. Sometimes it can very by as much as 50% (one says 20% chance and another says 70%). That exact example is happening for today with BerryWaether vs Weather Channel's web site.
    Weatherbug has radar? Actually it has radar and temperature, but nothing is animated. I do however, like how weatherbug can give you an actual video weather report now, even though its nationwide and not local, but it'll suffice. Oh yeah, and if you're comparing an App to the weather channel and wondering why the information is different, it's probably where they're getting their info from. I'd imagine most apps are getting it from NOAA and the Weather Channel is getting it's own.
    07-17-09 01:00 PM
    in terms of weatherbug, i use it with the hidden today theme.... been using it since my day one with the storm, never taken it off, maybe that was the cause of my previous memory leaks, but none the less, just reinstalling 151.... had the hybrid, and say more mem loss and hour glasses then the "official 151".... but all i have to say, is it's like a new phone with 151 installed!

Have a good day all!
    07-17-09 01:05 PM
    wb ran great for me on every os.

I only ditched it when the "non-ad" version starting nagging me to upgrade.

Berry Weather is a Cadillac, but wb was a very well behaved Civic (no pun intended!)
    07-17-09 02:30 PM
    I downloaded WeatherBerry (trial) last night to compare it to Weatherbug. While it's more graphical and pleasant to look at, WeatherBerry also has daily or weekly forecasts and some other stuff easily accessible through the app that 'Bug doesn't have.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to keep it, because I'm not sure if it's worth it to skip an extra couple steps.
    I did the same, but I just can't get behind $10 for a Weather app..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 02:39 PM
    im running weatherbug and .151 and hybrid and most ive had is .3mb loss
    07-17-09 02:53 PM
    I never had a problem on my Storm.
    07-17-09 05:18 PM
    24 posts deleted, 4 edited. Please stay on topic please.
    08-30-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD