Man I can seem to get used to this tiny a$$ screen,micro keyboard and my notifier led just comes on for no reason....However I have no screen ripple and battery door is nice and snug
    07-16-09 04:17 PM
    I smell Storm bashing in the next 5 minutes!
    07-16-09 04:21 PM
    I smell Storm bashing in the next 5 minutes!
    LOL let's try to keep the flamethrowers out of the Tour forum. Maybe we can fence them into the Storm forums
    07-16-09 04:23 PM
    I just made the switch today. Definetely taking some getting used to. I miss the big screen too, and the touch seems to move things along a little quicker than the trackball. Overall, I'm happy with my decision.
    If you can't get used to it, return it, get your Storm back. Problem solved.
    You got a better snoot than me ......Mine somehow got screwed up while I was in the Peace Corps in Columbia....<wink>
    07-16-09 04:25 PM
    I just made the switch today. Definetely taking some getting used to. I miss the big screen too, and the touch seems to move things along a little quicker than the trackball. Overall, I'm happy with my decision.
    You're right that it is easier to just touch an area or swipe than move a trackball over to something but seriously once you get there (LOL) there is no comparison in operating systems and function speed.
    07-16-09 04:25 PM
    Storm sucks, Storm sucks!

BWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, you have 30 days to return the Tour.. that is unless you sold your Storm to get the Tour, then you're SOL. Sorry.
    07-16-09 04:26 PM
    If you can't get used to it, return it, get your Storm back. Problem solved.
    Thanks for the info Einstein, but I am well aware of my options
    Took me about a day of full use to get used to the tour's keyboard, typing faster now than I ever did on the storm. Give it a bit, not like you don't have 30 days to return it or anything :P.
    I'm a lil apprehensive about switching because unlike most I actually love my storm and can type very proficiently on the touch screen. But I just can't resist a shiny new blackberry...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 04:27 PM
    I can't see myself going back to storm. I don't even think I'll be getting the storm 2. Not that I hate the storm, but I love the speed of the tour.
    07-16-09 04:29 PM
    See the Tour looks nice, but honestly i can hold out for better phones (Storm 2 & Aries...wifi wut?).

Besides my Storm is holding up like a champ since when i got it on Dec 5th, and 1/1 as well. Once 5.0 drops for all devices i feel the only difference will be input method only, cause in my eyes thats the only thing that separates them now.
    Last edited by devildrifterX; 07-16-09 at 04:34 PM. Reason: typos
    07-16-09 04:33 PM
    I switched from the storm and am soooo glad I did! The keyboard took me a day or two to get used to but now its all good!

The key to enjoying the Tour after coming from the Storm is to learn the shortcuts, specifically on web pages.

07-16-09 04:44 PM
    like most, all i miss is the screen...oh and playing word mole on it, lot harder with the Tour lol. Thats about it...
    07-16-09 04:50 PM
    You lost the right to be snarky when you asked the question that you did.

This is a forum for the 9630. If you have problems with 9630, there's a thread for that already and I would suggest using it.

The keyboard and the screen size are things that you cannot change.

The PP was TOTALLY right to tell you to take it back.
    Nicely said
    07-16-09 04:53 PM
    like most, all i miss is the screen...oh and playing word mole on it, lot harder with the Tour lol. Thats about it...
    But now we have a SWEET Texas Hold 'Em game!
    07-16-09 04:53 PM
    NEVER I can't even imagine going back. With all the troubles I had with the Storm just realized that it wasn't the phone for me. I can't believe how amazing the Tour is. I will get used to the screen but just the overall functionality is awesome. I see now why they are called Crackberries!!! It just works with no issues thats worth it no matter how you slice or dice it.
    07-16-09 04:58 PM
    I love my tour
    07-16-09 04:59 PM
    I have both and like my storm alot better.
    I got the Storm on release date. Got this on release date also. I never understood what the problem with the storm was? I think it is the best BB.
    Storm is my personal phone. The Tour is my work phone.
    07-16-09 05:08 PM
    Best blackberry decision I made to date!
    Very happy with the device.
    07-16-09 05:08 PM
    But now we have a SWEET Texas Hold 'Em game!
    Cant forget...can finally play brick breaker again too. It was tuff playing with touch screen lol.
    07-16-09 05:17 PM
    Please understand this is just my humble opinion. I have used Blackberry devices for years. I owned a storm for 9 Months, prior to that it was a curve, then an 8830, etc. etc. I LOVE THE TRACK BALL! I missed the trackball. When I got the storm I was thrilled with the large display but not so impressed with the os. I installed every leak right up the cdma 151 and do have say it got better and better but it still lacks the fines and refinement that Blackberry's are known for. I use my phone for business as well as personal use I do not watch movies or listen to much music so the multimedia aspect of the storm never really won me over. that being said I upgraded to a tour and I feel like my old friend is back. My business tool works! I am excited to see what RIM can achieve with the Storm II, perhaps it will not suffer from the bugs that plagued the first generation. I read in the forums somewhere that the storm was like windows... It just kind of is supposed to crash and leak and falter. LOL. Again just my humble opinion on the tour please no flames.
    07-16-09 05:20 PM
    Took me about a day of full use to get used to the tour's keyboard, typing faster now than I ever did on the storm. Give it a bit, not like you don't have 30 days to return it or anything :P.
    That's a question that I have. Tryn to get used to the keyboard. Do you use your thumb nails or the pads of your thumbs to type? What's easier?

07-16-09 05:27 PM
    wait till you discover the keyboard shortcuts...then the touch won't seem as fast when navigating...

example, ur reading a text.. u want to reply... u with the tour just hit the R key and type away
    07-16-09 05:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD