About four issues so far. One, I noticed that scrolling through pictures is very finicky and sometimes won't work at all. Its as if the screen doesn't recognize the side swipe to go to the next one. Two, phone froze while trying to set Alerts. Three, phone froze after memory clean. Both times had to perform a batt pull. And lastly, was making a call yesterday and the numbers 1,4, and 7 were darkened out so that I was unable to press them. When I exited out of the phone all numbers on the dial pad momentarily changed to symbols before the phone closed (was able to repeat this one more time).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 02:09 PM
    My Storm has been working much better since upgrade but it does stall sometimes when I am typing, and it took a long time for pandora to work, but eventually it did
    07-16-09 02:14 PM
    About four issues so far. One, I noticed that scrolling through pictures is very finicky and sometimes won't work at all. Its as if the screen doesn't recognize the side swipe to go to the next one. Two, phone froze while trying to set Alerts. Three, phone froze after memory clean. Both times had to perform a batt pull. And lastly, was making a call yesterday and the numbers 1,4, and 7 were darkened out so that I was unable to press them. When I exited out of the phone all numbers on the dial pad momentarily changed to symbols before the phone closed (was able to repeat this one more time).

If anything, typing is one of the things that has greatly improved from .148 to .151 IMHO. I've been running for 5 days, no need for a battery pull (except when I installed DM 5.0 but that's another story) and it runs great.

I should mention I do use quick pull as one of my apps, so that could be a reason why I don't experience any issues.
    07-16-09 02:18 PM
    Also use quickpull daily. No problems typing here. Just swipe responsiveness and that weird phone bug I talked about.

07-16-09 02:23 PM
    The bugs I notice with .151 are:

When going into the photo folder, I have to tap the screen in order for all the pictures to show up.

My home icons show up small, like the size they are when in landscape mode. I have to tilt it to landscape, then back to portrate to get them back to the correct size.

Other then that, I love .151. Very snappy and it seems to hold memory better than any other build.
    07-16-09 02:32 PM
    Everything has been great for me luckily. My only problem is I can't send MMS with an audio file attached. Has anyone found a fix for this?
    07-16-09 02:54 PM
    Everything has been great for me luckily. My only problem is I can't send MMS with an audio file attached. Has anyone found a fix for this?
    Battery pull fixed the problem with sending a picture. Have you tried it for audio?
    07-16-09 02:56 PM

I've been browsing, mms, bbm, aol aim, send/receive call, and sending email yesterday and havent exprience any of this issue you've address. The only trouble i was getting was meterberry reset device feature, which i got that fixed. then again all storm have a mind of their own sometimes.
    07-16-09 03:02 PM
    Battery pull fixed the problem with sending a picture. Have you tried it for audio?
    Yeah I've tried that a few times. It didn't work unfortunately.
    07-16-09 03:06 PM
    The bugs I notice with .151 are:

When going into the photo folder, I have to tap the screen in order for all the pictures to show up.

My home icons show up small, like the size they are when in landscape mode. I have to tilt it to landscape, then back to portrate to get them back to the correct size.

Other then that, I love .151. Very snappy and it seems to hold memory better than any other build.
    Those are the only things I notice as well. I have to tap the screen in order for the first 5 pictures or so to show up.

Also do notice the lack of sensitivity when swiping pictures. But overall .151 is much snappier, stable (memory wise and overall) then .148
    07-16-09 03:49 PM
    My only qualm with .151 is the bug we noticed with pandora, where if the phone reports an OUT OF MEMORY error after a while when streaming data

as discussed here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ou...ml#post3065306

this post specifically
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ou...5/#post3065306

Originally Posted by MarcPandora
    From the RIM public bug tracker, this appears to be a known bug with .151. For those with a developer center login, check out https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/JAVAAPI-144 for more information. Basically, any app that calls Connector.open(url) will throw an out of memory error after about 85 or so calls. Comments from RIM engineers indicates that it has been fixed as of .164. So in the meantime, it's probably best to avoid using .151.

Marc

You can apparently fix this by swapping the .151 radio for another. Other than that, it's great.
    07-16-09 04:14 PM
    Has anyone had the problem that when doing an SMS or MMS,
    I used to be able to press the space bar twice and it would put in a full stop.
    Now it doesn't any more?

(Or maybe it's just mine!) Lol
    07-16-09 04:33 PM
    One problem I had yesterday was when I was trying to make a new Memo. The title field was selected and the keyboard came up like usual, but when I went to type something the keyboard didn't work. I first tried to close and re-open the memo but that didn't work. Then I tried to close and re-open the keyboard, but that didn't work. It finally worked when I turned the phone to landscape, then back to portrait.
    07-16-09 04:37 PM
    I also noticed that when a coworker ask 4 a friend of mines # i looked up his name and when i seletected it it wouldnt show me his # i had 2 call it 2 display it so i can tell my co worker! but i love da speed and memory! Going in and out of apps a snap!
    07-16-09 04:41 PM
    I must be one of the lucky ones.I have not experienced any of these bugs. 151 has been absolutely perfect. All my apps work, haven't missed any calls. All texts and mms have gone thru. My curiosity is starting to get to me and I will probrably will try OOAK v6.10. Just to try the tour files.

07-16-09 04:51 PM
    the 2 things that made me go back with 151 is that damnnn spinning clock with everything I do and still an issue with Jawbone2 & Jawbone Prime devices, I mean I'm out in the street and both are totally useless with volume so low its pathetic!!! I'm not sure if RIM made it this way for good but it's hurting very expensive devices and it's been this way since 141, 148, but 132 down is just fine
    07-16-09 06:15 PM
    Ive noticed that it takes a bit for pictures that I just took to show up in the folders. Also when looking through my pics it takes a little bit for the thumbnails to load. With .148 this was all instant
    07-16-09 08:07 PM
    The only thing killing me is the MMS issue. I use that all the time.
    07-16-09 10:36 PM
    My mms is working fine but the constant little timer that keeps popping up is starting to become annoying. .151 is definitely a step in the right direction.

07-17-09 01:18 AM
    the only thing I noticed was it doesn't like to answer calls a lot of the time, I have to hit the hard button a few times for it to pick up

07-17-09 01:31 AM
    .151 and battery life = fail for me.
    07-17-09 09:55 AM
    My issues:
    • double vibrate (the "fix" is a messy hack, so its still broken in my book)
    • Can't swipe the keyboard up
    • Inconsistent transitions (sometimes it fades, sometimes it zooms and other times it just appears)
    • Visual glitches (especially on the keyboard) for a few seconds after I rotate the phone
    • Lockups
    07-17-09 10:07 AM
    .151 just seems a little glitchy. Have had the hard key to answer problem. Yesterday, after getting a couple emails, I couldn't get the red light to quit blinking. Had to batt pull. Seems to hang while scrolling when there's data transfer going on. May go back to .148, it didn't seem as glitchy.
    07-17-09 10:15 AM
    151 is pretty buggy.
    Composing a new SMS, it doesn't always capitalize the first letter.

It also bugged out on me yesterday for the first time ever when answering a phone call - it went straight to Speakerphone, and the screen was messed up so I couldn't change it (had to go back to home screen, then back to phone screen to fix it during the call).
    Never did that to me before.

Switching back to 148 if I can get over my laziness.
    07-17-09 11:05 AM
    .151 is still very good despite the whole thing with seeing your contacts number and the pics not showing up til u tap the screen and such its quicker and in my personal experience havent really had much memory leak.lets hope that 5.0 comes soon for the storm tho
    07-17-09 11:07 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD