Curently I have a BB Storm. I am not in contract with VZ. I am debating between Tour or Bold.
    1) I must have the following applications running fine on Tour
    * Quick Pull
    * Vision for youtube
    * Google map with GPS
    * Meterberry
    Are these applications compatible with Tour? if not, generally how long it takes for 3rd party softwares to be compatible with new devices??

2) I wont be doing much of multitasking but would like to see snappy performance from BB. what is more important for this, app memory or processor speed

thanks for your help
    07-15-09 11:52 PM
    Consider your carrier before what type phone that you select. If you have great service in your area with AT&T, then the Bold is a fantastic phone. If your service is better with VZ then the Tour is a no brainer. I have both and like both but in my area, VZ has the better coverage. Either phone will provide you with excellent service.
    07-16-09 12:52 AM
    Get the bold u wont regret it...
    07-16-09 01:03 AM
    Get the tour so you can actually make and receive calls on your blackberry!!
    07-16-09 01:12 AM
    Stick with VZW and get the tour, I run meterberry and GPS works great
    You shouldn't have any problems with what you want to run. The Tour is fast and it's on VZW
    07-16-09 01:15 AM
    Im having the same debate but im going with the Tour this weekend
    07-16-09 01:20 AM
    the bold is a VERY nice device, feels more solid imo. however, I can't stand att, so my decision was easier for the tour
    07-16-09 03:40 AM
    Thats an easy decision. AT&T or Verizon? Basically like saying Gold or Silver? Hot Or Not? Which network is better?

Ok. Since you realized Verizon is the best. Get the Tour now
    07-16-09 06:01 AM
    I must agree with the earlier posters, Verizon is the way to go, and that being said.... Snatch up a Tour while your at it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 06:05 AM
    I think you should switch carriers and purchase a Bold, depending if AT&T provides with better network coverage. GSM has some benefits over the CDMA that adds extra variety towards the Bold. Some GSM customers would try to downplay the Tour, but it's a high end device that deserve to be in the discussion.
    07-16-09 06:09 AM
    Having experience with both devices and eventually settling on the Tour, I must say that a lot of it depends on coverage. They are both great devices that will work well for you regardless, but Verizon just has spot on coverage compared to the AT&T in my area. I would suggest taking a look at some coverage maps of your area and making a more educated decision based on that. In the end a BB is only as good as the connection it gets - In my case, Verizon happens to have the best coverage. Others it may be AT&T - just do your own research and you'll make an educated decision based off your needs instead of listening to all the clowns on here who love to tell people one carrier or the other without giving any real answers.
    07-16-09 06:30 AM
    I love the fan boy responses on here I have a Bold on AT&T, a Tour on Verizon and a iPhone 3 GS. Reception is the same for all 3 n my area and push mail also is the same using BIS v Apple no difference sorry. Verizon probably drops more calls mobile to mobile on their network here than AT&T. Again that is here my area! There are big gaps here for both here in the sticks so I use both networks. So ask folks where you are then decide both BBs are great but I prefer the Tour do to size only performance is the same except Wi-Fi which maybe nice to have.
    07-16-09 06:50 AM
    I've got both the Bold which I've been using for the past eight months as well as a new Tour. The Bold is wicked fast and the WiFi is nice. To be fair I'm huge Verizon fanboy, but I love my Bold. That said, Verizon's network is better and since I use this for talking more than anything else the Tour wins...but the Bold is noticeably faster.
    07-16-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD