I'm confused. I've been reading these threads but...is there a .151 release for the 9530 Verizon?

Thanks
    07-15-09 07:25 PM
    So what have you been reading??? 148 is the latest release from Verizon.
    07-15-09 07:38 PM
    07-15-09 07:43 PM
    no 151 is a leaked ....
    07-15-09 07:44 PM
    no 151 is a leaked ....
    07-15-09 07:44 PM
    Its not an official release from Verizon. It is from a company in Mexico. We can use it on our Verizon Storms by deleting the Vendor xml file.

I'm on my Storm now so I'm just giving you the bare bones basics. I suggest you look at the index thread at the top of this page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 07:45 PM
    You can install .151 OS on your Storm even though it's not officially release from Verizon.
    07-15-09 07:45 PM
    Its not an official release from Verizon. It is from a company in Mexico. We can use it on our Verizon Storms by deleting the Vendor xml file.

I'm on my Storm now so I'm just giving you the bare bones basics. I suggest you look at the index thread at the top of this page.

There is no need to delete the vendor file. I've been updating since .65 and never had an issue installing various leaks and hybrids while leaving the vendor file alone.... Just saying.
    07-15-09 08:01 PM
    no 151 is a leaked ....
    Its an official Release from RIM on there website.
    07-15-09 09:53 PM
    no 151 is a leaked ....
    no 151 is a leaked ....
    Not a leak. It's a carrier branded release, just not from Verizon.
    07-15-09 09:59 PM
    There is no need to delete the vendor file. I've been updating since .65 and never had an issue installing various leaks and hybrids while leaving the vendor file alone.... Just saying.
    For this update you do need to delete the vendor file. I agree it usually isn't necessary, in fact I attempted to do so. I could not get the loader to recognize .151 until I deleted that file. Have you actually installed .151?

07-15-09 10:01 PM
    For this update you do need to delete the vendor file. I agree it usually isn't necessary, in fact I attempted to do so. I could not get the loader to recognize .151 until I deleted that file. Have you actually installed .151?

His sig says he's running a hybrid, but not which one.

But that being said, if you use Shrink-a-OS or the build your own hybrid tool, I believe they delete the vendor file for you, so he may not have realized it was automatically deleted.

Yes, the vendor file has to be deleted for carrier-branded OS's if from a different carrier. Leaked builds are not carrier branded, so you don't have to delete the vendor file.
    07-15-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD