Somebody help me!!!! I originally set up my Blackberry storm with different alert sounds for all various notifications ie email, sms, facebook etc I recently tried to change the alert sound for Facebook and it has defaulted to an annoying gong/chime that I can not bear - I have tried setting up a custom profile to change the alert sound but even in that it still defaults to the annoying gong/chime Please please please tell me there is a way to change it even back to the original one I had would do!!!!
    07-15-09 03:52 AM
    Have you rebooted your phone recently? If not, try making your change and then rebooting.

I've found this happens to me one in awhile, too. I've had to reset a couple of my ringtones a few times.

You sound a little like me wanting the different notifications ... might want to look into the BerryBuzz app - nifty little program for setting sounds and light indicators. I love mine
    07-15-09 04:01 AM
    Try enabling the profile you are wanting the ring in. Once there go to Set Ring Tones/Alerts. Change the ring there instead of under the custom profile. That should fix you up.
    07-15-09 07:06 AM
    Have you rebooted your phone recently? If not, try making your change and then rebooting.

I've found this happens to me one in awhile, too. I've had to reset a couple of my ringtones a few times.

You sound a little like me wanting the different notifications ... might want to look into the BerryBuzz app - nifty little program for setting sounds and light indicators. I love mine
    how do you setup the differant alerts, say like espn alerts?

thanks
    07-15-09 08:27 AM
    yes have rebooted it - by this I am assuming you mean - turn off - take battery and turn back on again??? didn't work and have also tried the setting it in various profiles options - surely there has to be a way????!!!!!
    07-16-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD