I used to have a curve and when in any app, I'd use the "menu" button (the one with the BlackBerry logo) to bring up the little contextual menu in the bottom left side of the screen.

Once the menu appeared, if I hit the menu button (same one I just pushed to have the menu appear) again the menu would disappear. So in essence, I could hit that button 10 in a row and nothing would really change because all I was doing was toggling the menu from shown to hidden back and forth.

On the tour, with the OS that shipped with the phone (sprint) the menu button selects the item that has focus. In order to hide the menu, I have to hit the back button (arrow swoosh).

It's not that big of a deal, but I'm just not used to it being that way... any one else have that issue?
    07-15-09 02:31 AM
    That's normal. The Storm had it first, late builds of Bold OS' got it, so it makes sense the Tour has it as well.
    07-15-09 02:40 AM
    As a Storm user, I actually like double tapping the BB button and picking the default action. Over time, you get used to what the default action for any given situation is, and it allows you to speed through what you're currently trying to do.

I imagine they implimented this originally for the Storm, because it would've been a pain to have to hit BB -> highlight option w/ touch screen -> click in the screen.
    07-15-09 02:42 AM
    I used to have a curve and when in any app, I'd use the "menu" button (the one with the BlackBerry logo) to bring up the little contextual menu in the bottom left side of the screen.

Once the menu appeared, if I hit the menu button (same one I just pushed to have the menu appear) again the menu would disappear. So in essence, I could hit that button 10 in a row and nothing would really change because all I was doing was toggling the menu from shown to hidden back and forth.

On the tour, with the OS that shipped with the phone (sprint) the menu button selects the item that has focus. In order to hide the menu, I have to hit the back button (arrow swoosh).

It's not that big of a deal, but I'm just not used to it being that way... any one else have that issue?
    Not an issue as you say. Part of the new OS. Many little changes to it. Holding down the menu button on the main screen shows what apps are currently running. Also different than the 83XX
    07-15-09 03:06 AM
    I thought something was wrong with my Tour. I had a replacement device shipped by Sprint and this second device seems more sensitive to this new feature. It didn't really do it on the first one. I thought I got another faulty device and would have to exchange it again. Thank goodness!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 03:56 AM
    The bummer is you get used to double-clicking to send SMS & e-mails then when you go to post on a wap site you find yourself at the "Go To..." dialog browser window & all that you've typed is gone!

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 04:22 AM
    ha i like having to hit the bb menu button twice to select default actions. saves time.
    07-26-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD