Well I know all of the details, pros and cons and troubles of the Tour. I have had the Storm since it came out. And have gone through 3 of them over since I got it. I want to say it's time for a change but I dont know. Im at a very difficult crossroad with this one. Storm or Tour?
    07-15-09 12:40 AM
    Well I know all of the details, pros and cons and troubles of the Tour. I have had the Storm since it came out. And have gone through 3 of them over since I got it. I want to say it's time for a change but I dont know. Im at a very difficult crossroad with this one. Storm or Tour?

the tour is a awesome phone and runs smoother then the storm "so far" its extremely zippy and works well.

if having a big screen means the world to you dont do it. If the screen isnt a issue then go for it
    07-15-09 12:44 AM
    i would do it. i just got mine today and love it
    07-15-09 12:46 AM
    I have to say i loved my 9 storms lol , but the tour is awsome , one thing i do miss is the screen size, thats a killer , but the crispness of the phone makes up for it . If you like qwerty physical board then u will love the tour man its a solid device out of the gate
    07-15-09 12:46 AM
    just do it man!! I don't have any of the negative issues! just a great new phone!!

take the plunge!
    07-15-09 12:49 AM
    I agree Tour FTW!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 12:51 AM
    Go for it! I came over from the Storm, and I LOVE the Tour. I loved my Storm as well, which is why I paid full retail for the Tour so I can swap back and forth if I feel the need, but I think the Tour is a far better phone overall.
    07-15-09 12:52 AM
    I have them both now. I keep trying to touch the Tour's screen. I like them both. I am realizing that I love the Storm's screen more than I thought. I may send the Tour back. I can't decide either.
    07-15-09 12:52 AM
    This will be my first BB and I am wondering what the difference is between locked and unlocked. I am brand new to BB and have never even held one so excuse the ignorance.

Also wondering if someone can give me the run down on the Verizon plans. They have mobile email and web and another one for all data. Do I really need the all data one if I am just using it for email and web anyway? I just want to be able to surf the web when I am on the road.
    07-15-09 12:59 AM
    I just got my Tour from a Storm and needlessly to say I love it. Huge step forward
    07-15-09 01:01 AM
    tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-15-09 01:08 AM
    To Tour, that is the answer.
    07-15-09 01:32 AM
    tour all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-15-09 03:42 AM
    I'd say if you're looking for a toy, get the Tour. If you're looking for an efficient business tool, get something else. I'm returning mine today. The BB is very inefficient. The PC software is the worst and there are tons of bugs with this new release. At least I'm assuming it's a new release thing because tons of things simply don't work.
    07-15-09 06:09 AM
    I'd say if you're looking for a toy, get the Tour. If you're looking for an efficient business tool, get something else. I'm returning mine today. The BB is very inefficient. The PC software is the worst and there are tons of bugs with this new release. At least I'm assuming it's a new release thing because tons of things simply don't work.
    I have heard many things on these here forums, but calling a Blackberry a "toy" is a first. Well done. Love to know what you dont consider a toy. Please say Iphone.
    07-15-09 06:29 AM
    Amazed at the toy post, suspect a new bb user or an intruder from the dark side. Anyway, to me it really boils down to qwerty keybord needed or not. Can anyone in the world key anywhere near as fast or accurately on storm as they can on a bb qwerty. If you don't need to key quickly and like a nice big screen , stick with the storm and save some money

07-15-09 06:41 AM
    Save your money!! I played with it for over an hour yesterday and it was ok but not worth the 200+ bucks. The screen is really small after using the Storm and I can type way faster on the large SureType keyboard over the small tour keyboard. I would wait it out for the Storm 2.
    07-15-09 06:52 AM
    I must say,

i have read some posts in this forum that have stretched credibility....but this one made me crack up... ROFL..

07-15-09 06:59 AM
    A TOY??? LMFAO! That is priceless! You guys have been a great help with info on my decision. So Tour here I come! I like the fact that he refers to a Blackberry as a toy and it says he is using a VOYAGER. Did i miss that verizon turned the Voyager into a smartphone??? LOL
    07-15-09 07:41 AM
    Amazed at the toy post, suspect a new bb user or an intruder from the dark side. Anyway, to me it really boils down to qwerty keybord needed or not. Can anyone in the world key anywhere near as fast or accurately on storm as they can on a bb qwerty. If you don't need to key quickly and like a nice big screen , stick with the storm and save some money

I played with a Tour in the VZW store yesterday. My take on the QWERTY is the keys are just too dang small. I think i'm going to stick with my Pearl Flip, with the Suretype keyboard, the buttons are comparatively HUGE. I am quicker typing on my Flip than I was on my Storm, and quicker than I was on the Tour in the store. I just hope alot of the folks considering the Tour actually take the time to play with it in-store for a considerable amount of time, to make sure they can adjust to the keyboard. Of course, keyboard preference is a very personal thing, so alot of people might find the Tour's keyboard to be excellent. I just can't get my fat fingers to press the right keys.

EDIT: It would almost be nice if RIM would adopt a landscape slider formfactor (like the HTC Touch Pro), that way one could have a large screen, AND a good-sized QWERTY keyboard. It doesn't necessarily have to be touch screen, just the same form factor.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 07-15-09 at 09:49 AM.
    07-15-09 09:46 AM
    I would say get the TOUR!
    07-15-09 09:47 AM
    I would say get the TOUR!
    And I would say:

Don't just jump into it.... Go into the store and spend an hour, minimum, playing with the device. Too many people were ultra quick to jump on the Storm, and now look at the mess the Storm forums are.

My advice:

If you're looking for a device akin to the iPhone, step away from the Blackberry platform, and don't look back. If you're a Blackberry user looking for an upgrade, by all means consider the Tour. But i've already seen a few comments from Curve users who jumped into the Tour stating that they miss their Curve.

In the end, spend the time to do the online research for different devices you may be interested in. But, also, be willing to spend the time to walk into the store itself, and see what each device is like. I jumped into the Storm head-first after playing with it for 5 minutes. I now use a Pearl Flip..... Enough said. I've learned to do my homework, and some field research as well.
    07-15-09 05:30 PM
    My vote is tour! I am liking mine so far.

07-15-09 05:35 PM
    Ordered it yesterday, received it today.

I love it! Had an 8330..which was really good, but man..there's no comparison here.

Im sure some are having issues, and after reading some of these threads, i almost didnt do it. Im glad I did though.

It's FAST as all heck, the internet is great...media is awesome and it was easy to change over from the curve to this with the DM Blackberry switcher.

The only thing is, and this really isnt bad is, if you restore your old apps, some may not work. Most will have to be redownloaded and reinstalled to work, a few wont work well at all....but hey, there's more to this than just the apps.

Never used my bb for music, but im going to on this since i have a big ole memory card and 124meg free of device memory.

Take the plunge!
    07-15-09 05:40 PM
    the ONLY thing I miss about my storm is the screen size. Seriously. I don't miss anything else.

In my opinion, it is totally worth it to pass up on the screen size for a reliable, quick, responsive phone.

Of course you can always give it a test run and if you don't like it, take it back. At worst you would only be out the restocking fee.
    07-15-09 05:45 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD