Currently, I'm trying to create a custom theme in Plazmic Theme Builder 4.1.0.19. I've added a Calendar Today element to my homescreen and have resized caret.png to be the width that I wanted. However, even though it shows up correctly in TB, I'm noticing that the text from my calendar items are exceeding the width of the caret.png graphic. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!
    07-15-09 12:03 AM
    The text will be the length of the Today area BOX, not just the Caret. You HAVE to resize the Caret to resize the box. Good luck!
    07-15-09 01:26 PM
    Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the "Today Area" checkbox. I'm just referring to applications that I'm adding to the homescreen. The size (height and width) doesn't seem like it's really configurable besides setting the number of subentries, font size and caret size. The width seems to be determined by the width of the caret.

I guess I'm just wondering if the text from my calendar entries just go to the end of the screen (as opposed to the limits of the box).
    07-15-09 06:45 PM
    mrtolles is correct. In the same area in theme builder that you add your today or zen icons, there is a submenu called "Theme Extras" there should be a check mark in "Today Area." Underneath the apps, there's a button "Reposition Applicaitons" click on that button and resize the large text area to the size you want ( to how wide your caret is ).
    07-15-09 07:21 PM
    thank god for you guys. been reading through this section and it sounds like arabic to me. lol. ;]
    07-18-09 08:32 PM
    I've got plazmic 4.7; doing a custom theme. I'm not using the "today" feature, but "Calendar" as my first application, with sub-items.

When I try to resize the width of the application area, it just "bounces back" to what it was...

Is there a way to set the width? Or are you saying that the width is set by the image used?

Thanks in advance!
    Earl
    08-08-09 12:28 PM
    The minimum width is defined by the width of the caret graphic.
    Last edited by cavingjan; 08-08-09 at 01:18 PM.
    08-08-09 01:16 PM
    Thanks - I'll add "resize my caret graphic" to my "todo" list
    08-10-09 09:46 AM
    I think the Today Area that da_angelboy was referring to are the sub entries (eg. calendar sub entries), and not the Today Area which you configure via Theme Extras. I'm in a similar situation where I've already resized the Today Area under Theme Extras, yet the calendar entries still go beyond the width of the caret.
    08-12-09 01:02 AM
    There are two different carets. One is for the today area in the Theme Extras. This is for the popup today area. There is also a caret for the Today area set up for the calendar and mail that are always showing. They are two different carets.

Correction: the one under the Theme Extras is called focus. The one under the Applications (Today) is called caret.
    08-12-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD