I wanted know if anybody else is experiencing this bug and what can be done about it.

If I delete multiple items as once...an email...a BBM Conversation...A call log entry...

On my message screen I get "Deleting" and an hourglass and it stays forever. Then I usually have to do a battery pull.

Anybody else experiencing this? What can I do?
    07-14-09 10:14 PM
    How many emails are you removing?

I have removed about 6 BB msg, 4-5 missed calls, and 400-500 range of emails these were all read.....

And I got about 2-3 sec delay but that's it......
    07-14-09 10:18 PM
    Maybe 3-6. It hangs for a lonnnnng time.
    07-14-09 10:19 PM
    Do these emails have attachments? Maybe large word or PDF files?

What are you considering is a long time?

Sorry
    07-14-09 10:21 PM
    Do these emails have attachments? Maybe large word or PDF files?

What are you considering is a long time?

Sorry
    It's not a long time...it stays there until I do a battery pull. The emails are tiny. It doesn't go away.

The emails themselves are tiny.
    07-14-09 10:32 PM
    It seems to happen when I have a

-an email
    -a Call
    -a BBM conversation

all happening.

I delete everything on the screen and it hangs.
    07-14-09 10:36 PM
    When I set mine up at first, I had about 400+ Emails and 100 or so SMS that I deleted, It took about 10 seconds for the Clock to Clear.
    07-14-09 10:36 PM
    I'm amazed nobody else has this issue. It's really killing a great device for me..
    07-14-09 11:00 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem. missed your post and just started a thread of my own on this matter. As I write, I just tried deleting 11 incoming/outgoing phone notices (no email, SMS, MMS, VM) and it's still locked up. I can still use the phone by mashing the red power button to get out of the messages page but when I try and go back to the messages page, it is still locked up. Pulling the battery now.
    Last edited by Airman88; 07-14-09 at 11:22 PM.
    07-14-09 11:14 PM
    My question is Those having this issue, are you using BES or BIS. Pop/Imap?
    07-14-09 11:25 PM
    I am using BES...
    07-14-09 11:27 PM
    I'm using BIS and tried to "delete prior" command and it left about 6 emails that wouldn't delete some had attachments and pics. I had to do a batt pull and they were gone upon restart. Yeah its annoying but I still like the Tour.
    07-14-09 11:32 PM
    New to forum. I am learning a lot from all of you! I am having the same deleting problem. Got my new Tour on Tuesday and have had to do a battery pull 4 times to resolve frozen mailbox after deleting multiple messages.

There are several steps to deleting messages. 1. press menu, 2. scroll to "delete" or type "d" to jump to that command, 3. press scroll key down to select delete, 4. confirm delete (if you have it set up that way). My theory: if I go through these steps too quickly it seems to confuse the processor and locks up the application. I have slowed down my steps and now I am not having the issue. Would still like to get it resolved because I'm always inputting commands at light speed....

Have another issue but will try to find appropriate thread for that (hint: after delete messages tiny notifier icon up top still shows messages - checked every other inbox and sms/mms inbox - nothing...)

Regards,
    Michael
    07-17-09 11:13 AM
    I have also had this happen to a user of mine. Originally after calling them and going through the usual "troubleshooting" procedures they were happy to replace the phone. All seemed well on the brand new tour, but the problem has returned. This is a user on BES with a brand new profile and started from scratch to avoid possible corrupt user settings from carrying over. Issue has resurfaced...is the version of the firmware the same on the tour as the 8900/Bold?
    07-20-09 10:28 AM
    I just talked with Verizon about this problem also occurring on my Tour. They have it in the "fix list" for a software release that is supposed to come out in the a couple of weeks.
    07-22-09 11:11 AM
    Mine hangs for a couple seconds when deleting multiple items. It's a little annoying but never would require a battery pull.
    07-22-09 11:16 AM
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I just received my new Tour and when trying to delete multiple emails, it freezes forever and I have to do a battery pull.
    08-25-09 06:34 AM
    if you have a lot of 3rd party apps and stuff it could slow down the phone.. but this and all the other issues will (hopefully) be resolved with this s/w update..... whenever that may be...
    08-25-09 10:14 AM
    Same with mine. BIS user here. I seem to notice it happens when I try and delete emails + phone call logs + BBM which I have combined into all one folder.

There is something about the combination of the type delete that makes it hang up, and it definitely requires a reboot.
    08-25-09 11:13 AM
    my girlfiend is having this problem. I thought it was that she was syncing e-mail with her g-mail so we removed syncing but that didnt work. We returned tour for another and its happening again. To be clear she tries to delete prior and after short hour glass nothing happens, After bat pull they are all deleted. Any others?? Any fix on way?
    08-26-09 01:50 PM
    This happens some times on OS 5.0. Delete less messages next time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 02:03 PM
    This happens some times on OS 5.0. Delete less messages next time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks CX - however I did not mention that on occassion, she goes to delete one message and same thing happens as described above.

I see you mentioned 5.0 - we will wait for Nov and see what happens.

Thanks Crucial
    08-26-09 02:09 PM
    This happens occasionally when i delete different types of messages (call logs/sms/bbm) at once. If I delete many of the same kind, it's no problem.

I used to do a battery pull. Now i just use the task manager to go back to home screen and go about my business. Then i look some time later and it's finished deleting. I'd definitely say a software bug and not related to how many messages you're deleting.
    08-26-09 02:27 PM
    work around - go back to home menu, then into SMS messages, delete any SMS message, go back into message folder and 'deleting' should be gone along with the selected messages.
    08-27-09 02:08 PM
    Yup, my brand new Tour is doing the same thing as mentioned. And, as one suggested, the quick fix is to go into each individual email box/folder and deleting messages. For some reason, when trying to delete ALL messages in one combined folder i.e. text messages, emails, phone call logs, etc. the BB Tour will hang- INDEFINITELY. No need to pull a battery, just use the red power key to exit out and then go into each email box/folder and delete messages separately. PAIN IN THE *** until a new firmware/software fix comes along. Anybody know when that is coming? Cheers Rob
    09-24-09 05:52 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD