It is turned up all the way but still kinda quiet. Is there a way to turn it up any more than that. I am not sure if my other tour was that way before I took it back.

I would say that it is about half as loud as a w385 was. Call clarity is great.
    07-14-09 05:47 PM
    anyone have any ideas? it is insanely low and hard to talk on.
    07-15-09 06:20 AM
    I have the same problem. This is my first blackberry, and I love the phone and what it can do, but the call volume through the handset is super low, much lower than any other phone i've ever had. Bluetooth and speakerphone seem to be fine though...Someone help!
    07-15-09 07:37 PM
    I've noticed it's quite a bit lower than my Curve 8330 was.
    07-15-09 07:38 PM
    Seems fine for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:08 PM
    Yes, I'm experiencing the same issue. It's rather odd though since my Curve 8330 was so loud that I couldn't turn the earpiece past halfway.

I have to have this unit replaced due to some other reasons, so hopefully the next one will be better.
    07-15-09 08:45 PM
    The low volume and a few other problems are going to probably force me to go back to the Curve. The volume is way low, the screen (although stunning) is WAY brighter on the Curve, Gmail App has some significant problems and in general, and don't forget the sluggish, lagging, problem of the trackball at times. It's not often...but enough that many people have reported it here. it just doesn't seem like it's worth the $200 upgrade price. I want to like the Tour, but it's got too many
    07-15-09 08:58 PM
    Regarding trackball 'issues' -- most people don't realize that increasing the sensitivity of the trackball will eliminate any slow/lagging issues people are experiencing. It's actually purposely like that to ensure that people don't freak out to an over-sensitive trackball.

07-15-09 09:02 PM
    Seems fine for me.

me too, i can hold it like 6-7 inches away from my head and understand what people are saying...and im deaf..
    07-15-09 09:02 PM
    me too, i can hold it like 6-7 inches away from my head and understand what people are saying...and im deaf..
    my first tour was that loud... that settles it. this one goes back then. damn it!
    07-15-09 10:22 PM
    I was searching this forum for this same issue. I have noticed that the phone's earpiece along with the vibrate and ringer are on the low side. I work with machinery and I need a phone to be loud, so this is a big issue for me. I traded in a pearl flip for the tour sunday to take care of this, but when you're in a quiet store they all appear to be loud. I don't know why these cell phone companies can't develop a phone with great reception and a loud ringer/vibrate first and features second. I wonder if there are laws that keep cell phones under a certain decibel level. Anybody know?
    07-15-09 10:59 PM
    The Curve 8330 has the most volume of any BlackBerry ever made. I'm about to take my Tour back and go back to using my Curve for the same reason. You can get a great deal on a new Curve now with VZW.
    07-16-09 05:54 AM
    I have my opts setting for default volume set to 75% for each call but I always find myself hitting down button a couple times when I'm in a call. To me it seems fine and loud enough with some to spare. But a lot of this loudness level is very subjective and based on hearing strength.

07-16-09 06:02 AM
    Regarding trackball 'issues' -- most people don't realize that increasing the sensitivity of the trackball will eliminate any slow/lagging issues people are experiencing. It's actually purposely like that to ensure that people don't freak out to an over-sensitive trackball.

Not true. Coworker just brought me his new Tour so I could show him some things. His trackball was horrible. Lagging to the right on every sensitivity. Had mine right next to his and it was night and day. He is exchanging it tomorrow.
    07-16-09 07:19 PM
    My ear piece volume is very low. I have tried everything to increase it, but nothing was worked. My 8330 was so much better in this category.
    07-16-09 07:20 PM
    I have not taken mine back yet. It is insanely low still. It has to be able to get louder as the speaker phone is nice and loud. Wonder if I could write an app to increase the volume. I am not familiar with enough with the bb sdk to know if this is possible.
    I did go to vzw today but every demo phone was just as quiet. I tested a curve and man was that loud. That is what I am looking for volume wise. I would have no problem hearing on that beast!
    Last edited by Syco54645; 07-16-09 at 07:43 PM.
    07-16-09 07:29 PM
    Chalk me up as another person who finds the volume too low. (I also find the sound quality kind of poor, but I guess that's for another post.) I have no hearing problems and I can't recall ever having this issue with another phone. I'm using the treble boost setting, which helps a smidgeon. I even went into my VZ store to see if there was something they could do. They checked it and said nope, maybe the next software version would do something about it. I also made a call with the store demo phone and found no difference. Someone one here mentioned the possibility (hope) of an app to fix this; I'd be all over that. By the way, this is about the only issue I'm having with my Tour -- overall I absolutely love it, so I'm not a hater. Overall I can use the phone (at max volume) most of the time (although not when walking down a noisy street); I just usually have to strain a bit to catch everything, which isn't ideal.
    07-16-09 07:51 PM
    i haven't had much talk time on my tour yet, just checked a few voice mails and a couple of phone calls (been mostly emails so far), but i too noticed the the volume seemed pretty low. i thought it was because i had set the ear piece too low, but alas, it was at full bore. pretty surprising because you can hear the guy on the other end of my buddy's 2 year old curve from half way across the room lol may have to go to the store and have it looked at
    07-16-09 09:15 PM
    This is my only complaint with the Tour too...the volume is incredibly low, and considering I switched from the iPhone cause I needed the phone for TALKING (AT&T drops the calls, where VZW does not), its a huge con.
    07-17-09 12:24 AM
    Mine is very low on the streets of NYC, but fine in the apartment. Someone posted in another thread that while you're on a call, you can press the BB menu key and have an option to "enhance call audio."

I think this is something worth letting RIM and verizon know about to have a software fix for in the future.
    07-17-09 07:34 AM
    @azdmelani:

This is probably different for each user, but for me none of the enhanced audio or other audio changes available did anything. The volume is simply lower than it was on the Curve at max setting. In fact, for me the normal default settings are actually better than any of the enhanced settings.
    07-17-09 07:45 AM
    I am also struggling with the volume. I bought a boom for my previous blackberry so I could hear when driving my convertible. But with the Tour the boom doesnt even work well enough.

07-30-09 04:03 PM
    yeah it's pretty low for me too coming from my voyager where the higest volume would hurt my ear. hope the next software update fixes this!
    08-14-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD