I've noticed some OBDII scan tool apps for the Palm. Has anyone seen an OBDII scan tool for the Storm? I'm guessing some sort of OBDII to micro USB cable would be needed too.
    07-14-09 05:32 PM
    I've seen them for the palm and windows mobile, but nothing for the storm sorry.
    07-14-09 05:43 PM
    this would be insane!
    07-14-09 07:28 PM
    Now that I would definitely pay for
    07-14-09 10:37 PM
    That with DynoStorm would be great.
    07-15-09 06:50 AM
    Got my vote for this one. Ill take a data logger too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 07:44 AM
    As an Audi owner, I'd love if you could do this with VAG-com! hahaha
    07-15-09 07:52 AM
    it doesnt use a usb cable, rather requires the OBDII-bluetooth elm interface, but there is such a thing!

LapLogger - OBD2 reader/logger
    07-15-09 02:50 PM
    Fcuk me that's cool beans!
    07-15-09 02:52 PM
    I've noticed some OBDII scan tool apps for the Palm. Has anyone seen an OBDII scan tool for the Storm? I'm guessing some sort of OBDII to micro USB cable would be needed too.
    can someone tell me what OBDII is, what is does, and why someone would want it? thanks all

EDIT...... I just googled it..... man that would be soooooooooo awsome...... i wish i could program these apps... i would do that and make a killing!
    07-15-09 03:00 PM
    It would be nice if they had an Ostrich Storm capable program. The fact that the Ostrich system lets you tune on the fly with a laptop would be even cooler if you could just hook up micro USB to that thing and tune on your phone. THAT would make buying a second Storm all the worth while. Honestly, if it could be done for ANY handheld device, I'd buy said device.
    07-15-09 04:10 PM
    can someone tell me what OBDII is, what is does, and why someone would want it? thanks all

EDIT...... I just googled it..... man that would be soooooooooo awsome...... i wish i could program these apps... i would do that and make a killing!
    This kinda falls in line with the Telnet app I posted a while back. If you have to ask what it does, you probably don't need it. Glad you looked it up though.
    07-15-09 04:11 PM
    A OBD-II scan tool has several uses. It's main purpose is to communicate "error codes" to you when your car has a check engine light on (there are numerical codes that indicate lean/rich air-fuel ratio, timing issues, problems in the air intake or fuel systems, etc.). It can also clear the car's log of these issues, effectively turning off the check engine light.

I wonder if LapLogger is CAN-OBDII compatible, as my car was one of the first vehicles to start using the CAN-OBDII interface (it's been a b*tch self-diagnosing it, since all the CAN-OBDII scanners were super expensive around the time I first bought one)
    07-15-09 04:21 PM
    some of the newer OBDII dataloggers used bluetooth, so in theory, no cable hanging around.
    but they are still pricey and only palm or pocketpc based

Check Engine Light OBD2 OBDII scan tool OBD
    07-15-09 05:50 PM
    here is software that is java based and supposedly supports the blackberry for $19.50

Auto Mobile - OBD software for cell phones

you still need the bluetooth obd connector.
    07-15-09 09:45 PM
    here is software that is java based and supposedly supports the blackberry for $19.50

Auto Mobile - OBD software for cell phones

you still need the bluetooth obd connector.
    If someone does the download of thia. Please post to let us know if it works on the storm or not. Also what make/model of car you are using it on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:21 AM
    A OBD-II scan tool has several uses. It's main purpose is to communicate "error codes" to you when your car has a check engine light on (there are numerical codes that indicate lean/rich air-fuel ratio, timing issues, problems in the air intake or fuel systems, etc.). It can also clear the car's log of these issues, effectively turning off the check engine light.

I wonder if LapLogger is CAN-OBDII compatible, as my car was one of the first vehicles to start using the CAN-OBDII interface (it's been a b*tch self-diagnosing it, since all the CAN-OBDII scanners were super expensive around the time I first bought one)
    not sure, this is what it lists--

Interface supports VPW(GM), PWM(Ford), ISO and CAN all in one.
    07-16-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD