I have a Verizon 9530 Storm with the 'sorta-leaked' 4.7.0.151 build. Twice, I have experienced this condition:

1. The phone vibrates in the holster (verizon holster with magnet).
    2. I remove the phone from the holster to see who's calling me.
    3. I press the hard answer key, no response.
    4. I press the soft answer button, no response. The screen does 'glow' when I touch the soft button.
    4. After the call goes to voice mail, I am able to call my VM and retrieve the message from the call I should have been able to answer.

I think what may be happening is that the phone is freezing upon removal from the holster. It then un-freezes when it's too late to answer the incoming call. I have not had to do a battery pull.

I'm running on about 4 days without a reset (best yet), and 21MB free memory.

Overall, I agree with most that the .151 build is among the best yet. However, this bug is really irritating.

I searched the OS forum, and I found a few random comments in other threads about this issue, and thought it worthy of a thread of its own.

Pay no attention to my post count...I have been and avid READER of CB since Day 2 with my Storm back in December, and have successfully loaded every leaked 9530 build (no hybrids!) since 4.7.0.75.
    07-14-09 03:20 PM
    This is usually an issue with too many apps left open (you're not closing them properly) or too little free memory.
    07-14-09 03:31 PM
    The last time this happened (today), I think the only thing open (except the usual + BBM + YM) is that I was looking at the picture viewer when I holstered the phone. That shouldn't be too much, I would think. I do have Quickpull Pro that alarms me when I reach 5.0MB free memory, and I haven't seen that alarm since I loaded .151.

I also have MeterBerry, and the log shows 20.8MB free at the time of the incident.
    07-14-09 04:50 PM
    do you have the Memory Cleaner in Security Options enabled?
    if so, it may be set to clean when it comes out of the holster and this is what it's doing during that freeze time
    just an idea, hope it helps
    07-14-09 04:53 PM
    Ive had this happen a few times since upgrading to .151. Valace as well I believe mentioned this. My memory is good, and Im a stickler for closing apps. Ive always been able to answer the call before going to voice mail, but it does take a few presses to answer.
    07-14-09 04:57 PM
    I intermittently get this issue as well though I never use the soft key, only the hard key. No memory cleaner enabled and no apps running in the background aside from the standard 5. Memory has always stayed very strong on this build. However my input doesn't matter because I used shrink a Os to delete crap I don't use, so my OS isn't "unmolested".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 05:41 PM
    Ive had this happen a few times since upgrading to .151. Valace as well I believe mentioned this. My memory is good, and Im a stickler for closing apps. Ive always been able to answer the call before going to voice mail, but it does take a few presses to answer.
    Yep thats what happened except I was not able to do anything once it got to the missed call message. It was wierd it would highlight view or close but when I clicked nothin. Tried to turn it off nothin. Tried to lock it, nothin. Thought trying those might get it out of its funk. What do I know .

Anyway, this is almost bordering on bug status. Maybe not a bad bug, like the frequency we experianced the VSOD but almost the exact same thing is happening.

Also I am anal about my apps, I never leave them running. I check all the time.
    07-14-09 05:47 PM
    This is usually an issue with too many apps left open (you're not closing them properly) or too little free memory.
    It sucks not being able to answer my phone and using Verizon minutes becomes a fault of anyone.

But word. I've experienced similar issues, not with a holster...just answering it.

07-14-09 05:51 PM
    Ditto...

Add me to the list.
    07-14-09 06:44 PM
    Had this today and no apps open ... hard key would not answer but finally got the softkey to answer. Weird!
    07-14-09 06:53 PM
    Had this today and no apps open ... hard key would not answer but finally got the softkey to answer. Weird!
    Yeah, I find I have more luck with the soft key.
    07-14-09 07:01 PM
    I'm having this issue sporadically too. Has anyone noticed if it occurs more when you get a call when the phone is locked?

07-14-09 07:37 PM
    Lets get the carrier who released officially it to release a newer one
    07-14-09 08:14 PM
    As I see it; if rim just made it so those soft on-screen buttons where touch, rather than click activated (and made it so the click didn't register when you push the answer button" it'd ber easier to answer
    07-14-09 08:17 PM
    YM has always given me a headache. I have no issue with it uninstalled. Installed i have to do resets twice a day or so.
    07-14-09 08:33 PM
    I had that problem 3 times today. I found if you hold the talk button down I works. I reloaded 151 and shrank it this time to see if there was just a quirk when I loaded it the first time. I had the internet connect the first time I loaded it. Don't believe that would cause a problem but you never know. Turned it off this time just in case.

07-14-09 09:02 PM
    I've had this happen intermittently for the last few releases. When the phone comes out of my holster, I wait a second for it to change orientation, then I press the hard green button to answer the phone. Sometimes I need to pres it twice. A pain, but now I don't miss calls.

Otherwise, 151 is running quite well.
    07-14-09 09:05 PM
    Just had this happen to me a couple times today. I've been running .151 for a few days, and it's the first I've experienced it. I don't have a holster, but still takes a couple presses of the hard key to answer. I also close all my apps, no themes, lots of mem. Kinda of weird that it just started today, and I haven't changed anything on the phone. Seems sporadic too, since I've answered calls that only one press worked.
    07-14-09 09:32 PM
    Yep. Have to hold the send key down a little longer on this build. Soft key works alright too.
    07-14-09 10:08 PM
    I've had this happen intermittently for the last few releases. When the phone comes out of my holster, I wait a second for it to change orientation, then I press the hard green button to answer the phone. Sometimes I need to pres it twice. A pain, but now I don't miss calls.
    Same here notice problem occurs on incoming calls when de-holstering. Seems to work better if i wait a few seconds before answering. Some kind of processing must be happening and hangs. if caller calls back a second time then phone works fine. I've seen this issue in last few builds not sure when it started.
    07-15-09 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD