Hey all,

I have a BB Bold that is getting a white screen at all times with a large battery "icon" that has a red line through it.

I have replaced the battery, tried charging the phone, draining, etc, but i still get the plain white screen with the crossed out battery.

Any ideas on what causes this and how to fix the issue?

Thanks!!
    07-14-09 01:15 PM
    Well how drained is the battery?

If it's too drained you'll get that symbol until it gets enough battery life to get to the homescreen.
    07-14-09 01:24 PM
    The battery is fully charged and I've tried with the phone plugged into an outet and just on full battery power...no luck either way.
    07-14-09 02:08 PM
    And when it's not in the charger what shows up on the screen? Or does it even turn on at all?
    07-14-09 02:11 PM
    When its just on battery power sometimes it turns on and goes to the battery screen, and sometimes the red LED indicator light comes on for about 2-minutes but the screen never turns on.
    07-14-09 02:15 PM
    When its just on battery power sometimes it turns on and goes to the battery screen, and sometimes the red LED indicator light comes on for about 2-minutes but the screen never turns on.
    It sounds like it's bricked. Have you tried loading a new OS on it or something
    similar like that recently?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ead+blackberry
    07-14-09 02:17 PM
    Nope haven't attempted to load anything on it at all recently. The person using it previously was just a normal user who didn't mess with anything but then it started showing the above symptoms out of nowhere.

The phone doesn't show up in BB Desktop Manager but I'm going to try the steps in the link you posted and see if I can get anywhere...
    07-14-09 02:27 PM
    yupp having the same problem here it just stays on the crossed out battery image i tired the battery pull and reinstalling os but it just doesnt get detected when the apploader tries to reconnect to it. i was told to take the battery out before the install. I did that...then told to insert it during the install...but same problem wont connect and just stays in the same image during the install
    07-15-09 08:27 PM
    i have the same problem with this pesky icon. i noticed it after the latest software update through the desktop manager so curious if there is a bug in the latest update. before the update i never had a problem.

my batteries are fine as i am using them both ib my other blackberry phones. so it has to be a software glitch.

is there a way to go back to the older software? and how can you update it when it no longer detects
    11-08-09 04:07 PM
    I had the same icon on the white screen when I purchased a oem battery, all that was displayed on the screen is a battery icon with a line through it.

I checked some forums and found that the battery was at fault. is the battery in the phone a genuine Blackberry battery?

The next step is to try an locate a Blackberry bold battery from someone to test to see if it a battery fault or handset fault.

Good Luck.
    11-08-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD