I am wonder whether unlocked verizon blackberry storm 9530 could install Garmin mobile Gps software by using built-in Gps or not, I heard the internal Gps was locked by Verizon.

Thanks
    07-14-09 10:00 AM
    The GPS is locked on most Verizon Blackberries....but not the 9530! I have Garmin mobile on mine and it works like a charm
    09-08-09 11:24 AM
    Wrong. Maybe most older ones. But not on newer ones like my Tour.

However, finding the right link to get it OTA to your BB can be interesting.....

I finally found this link which let me get to the app and load the 7 day trial (it's the same app, but when your trial is up you would just need to buy an unlock code).

Garmin Mobile: Built for BlackBerry

try that......
    10-05-09 03:40 PM
    The GPS is locked on most Verizon Blackberries....but not the 9530! I have Garmin mobile on mine and it works like a charm
    Where did you get the Garmin? Can I load any mapsource to it for offline routing?

Thanks.
    10-13-09 12:09 AM
    I have the garmin i just loaded onto my unlocked 9530 a few weeks ago and it works great. found a link on here that worked just fine. or try there web site.
    10-13-09 10:19 PM
    The Storm and Tour both have dual-mode GPS. This allows them to get by the Verizon GPS lockdown.

The Garmin Mobile software will still use a data connection to calculate routes and generate maps.
    10-14-09 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD