Hey,
    Ive had a blackberry for a bit now but I never know about much of the tech stuff. I know there is a new operating system coming out, when the new one comes out do the older models upgrade as well? Or is it just for the new phones.

Thanks in advance!
    07-14-09 09:45 AM
    Usually, it's for the older models as well. In this case, the Tour will be able to update to the 5.0 OS.
    07-14-09 09:48 AM
    Ah, very cool thank you
    07-14-09 09:52 AM
    I'm coming from windows mobile devices where it was very much up to the carrier to release the update after microsoft released it. Is it the same for blackberry's or can anyone get the OS update from RIM and apply it to a device as it comes out?
    07-14-09 09:54 AM
    And 5.0 can't get here soon enough!!
    07-14-09 09:54 AM
    I'm coming from windows mobile devices where it was very much up to the carrier to release the update after microsoft released it. Is it the same for blackberry's or can anyone get the OS update from RIM and apply it to a device as it comes out?
    The nice thing about BB's is that you can use OS' from other carriers as long as it's for the same model OS. There are also tons of leaked versions which are constantly distributed which are available for installation. You don't need to fully depend on your carrier for OS updates.
    07-14-09 09:55 AM
    How does one generally go about updating the device? Sorry, first time user here.

Hoping it's an easy thing I can do at home
    07-14-09 10:06 AM
    It's definitely doable from home. Many of us here can guarantee that. The first time you do it, it may seem very difficult, or at least it did for me. Once you do a few, you'll get used to it and see what an easy process it really is. Here's how to upgrade or downgrade your OS.
    07-14-09 10:10 AM
    Well now that I see that it definitely seems do-able! Thanks for the link. Now i'm even more excited for my phone to come...
    Let's go FedEx!!!!
    07-14-09 10:36 AM
    Its already out Those of us who got the tour
    got the new DTM 5.0 cd in the box and its not even on
    Rim's web site yet....
    Here ya go http://crackberry.com/blackberry-des...uded-tour-9630
    07-14-09 11:08 AM
    Its already out Those of us who got the tour
    got the new DTM 5.0 cd in the box and its not even on
    Rim's web site yet....
    Here ya go http://crackberry.com/blackberry-des...uded-tour-9630
    To be fair, that's only the Desktop Manager. Version 5.0 for your phones OS isn't released for consumers yet.
    07-14-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD