My trackball moves up and down. The push feature or the "enter feature" doesn't work. Can anyone help?
    thanks in advance for any help,

Luke
    03-28-08 06:27 PM
    I am having the same problem and when it does work it goes to my contact list even if it is on the message icon. I tried rebooting the phone by taking out the battery. Did you try that Luke?
    03-28-08 06:48 PM
    I had.a problem with 8310 where my trackball was going everywhere but up. I just did a battery pull & it seemed to fix the problem.

Make sure to wait a bit before the battery back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 06:56 PM
    I had.a problem with 8310 where my trackball was going everywhere but up. I just did a battery pull & it seemed to fix the problem.

Make sure to wait a bit before the battery back!

03-28-08 06:56 PM
    I have tried pulling the battery and even doing a soft reset. I could not get the phone to do a soft reset (alt+cap+del). Yanking the battery did not work. I will try keeping it out for a longer time.
    03-28-08 07:10 PM
    Clean it! I took the silver ring off, carefully took the ball and tiny magnetic rollers apart, and cleaned them with alcohol. Then I carefully replaced everything back (just snaps on) and presto! Ball working and looking like new....Good Luck!
    03-28-08 08:47 PM
    I was so excited when I read this....and am still ready to cry. No luck! I took it apart and the wheel rolls smooth, now smell clean...goes up and down fine. But nothing is activated when I push on it.
    03-28-08 09:12 PM
    My trackball got stuck once it would only go up and down. I just worked it around for a while and it eventually worked.

03-28-08 09:13 PM
    Does anyone know how to do a soft reset? The one I tried above is not working.
    03-28-08 09:14 PM
    I also had a problem right after I got the curve. It wouls only move up and down. I worked it a bit and got it back to normal. If that doesn't work try to clean it or replace it if completely necessary.

03-28-08 10:17 PM
    I had the exact problem! I sent it to bbrepairshop.com for free diagnosis. They said water got under trackball and corrode innerworkings. It costs $120 to fix and they can get back to you in 24hrs! Good luck. Let us know the outcome.

03-29-08 12:06 AM
    Get insurance and take it to your vendor
    03-29-08 12:41 AM
    I don't know how or why and I am certainly not complaining.....but the trackball is back working again. Thanks for everyones help.
    03-29-08 10:24 PM
    I am having the same exact problem with my Curve. The crappy thing about it is that I saw this coming a mile away. My previous phone was the BB 8830, which had an incredibly smooth trackball. When I purchased the Curve, the first thing I noticed was how grainy and cheap the trackball felt. I am VERY disappointed with BB, as it seems they hurried this item out without giving it a thorough inspection.
    03-31-08 11:47 AM
    The trackball on my 3-month only curve would only work side-to-side or up, not down. Thanks to a suggestion on this board, I tried doing a soft reset (alt+cap+del) and now it works just fine. Let's hear it for crackberry forums!
    09-03-08 02:00 PM
    09-03-08 03:04 PM
    I also had a problem right after I got the curve. It wouls only move up and down. I worked it a bit and got it back to normal. If that doesn't work try to clean it or replace it if completely necessary.

mee to plzzz help i gpt a used blackberry curve and it goes up and down and it clicks but when i move left and right its really hard to.. do i clean it with alcohol?
    11-18-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD