First of all...I finally made it to Verizon today to put my hands on a Tour, and I must say I got even more hyped than I already was. I can't upgrade quite yet, but I'm counting down the days. This will be my first BB, so I don't know if this question is specific to the Tour or all BB's, but I'm hoping someone can help. I am in grad school online, and I constantly have to access Blackboard Academic Suite, which is essentially where all class info is located. When I went into Verizon to test out the tour, and figured I try to access this site. When I entered my username and password on the site's homepage, it repeatedly gave me a message saying "No authorization credentials provided with request". I know I entered the correct info. Does that mean I won't be able to use this site on the Tour, or is there a setting that would have to be changed on the BB, or is this simply because the phone was on demo at the store?
    07-13-09 08:07 PM
    Unfortunately, as a college student myself, the BB browser itself does not connect to BlackBoard. Opera Mini successfully allows you to log in and check your BlackBoard as well as view documents, reply to discussion boards and so on. Hopefully we can see an application released for this before we graduate
    07-13-09 08:09 PM
    Unfortunately, as a college student myself, the BB browser itself does not connect to BlackBoard. Opera Mini successfully allows you to log in and check your BlackBoard as well as view documents, reply to discussion boards and so on. Hopefully we can see an application released for this before we graduate
    So it's simply the BB browser itself? You would think there would be a setting to correct that. Opera Mini works well for everything? I've read multiple posts on this site, some people love it, some hate it. Do you know if it works on Bolt? That seems to be a fairly favorable browser around here.
    07-13-09 08:13 PM
    I would imagine it working with Bolt. I haven't tried it myself for BlackBoard, but I have used Bolt to access certain websites for work that won't even generate proper reports if I used Firefox on my laptop but work on my BB using Bolt. I'd bet on it that it would work.

Opera Mini works for sure though
    07-13-09 08:15 PM
    Yes I am also a College student and Opera Mini does work great for Blackboard!
    07-13-09 08:16 PM
    Yea I have to get on blackboard quite often and the native browser dosent work. Its not that big of a deal though because u can use any 3rd party browser and access it just find. What's even cooler u can download pdf's and stuff off blackboard and then edit them with docs to go. The tour has made me so productive,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 08:18 PM
    Does it work when you set the browser to identify itself as a normal browser (IE or Firefox)? I know for some vBulletin forums, that trick works.
    07-13-09 08:20 PM
    My school uses the Blackboard suite as well. I don't know if this is unique to my school, but we use Microsoft exchange for our email. Does anyone else use that, and if so, what are the correct settings for putting it on my BlackBerry?
    Change the browser emulation to IE or Firefox....open the browser options..browser config.....browser id.... should work
    Change the browser emulation to IE or Firefox....open the browser options..browser config.....browser id.... should work
    That would be my suggestion, I know I have to do that for some sites

07-13-09 08:23 PM
    I know I have tried that before and it will not allow you to log into BlackBoard even when selecting IE or Firefox...last I tried
    07-13-09 08:31 PM
    Yea I have to get on blackboard quite often and the native browser dosent work. Its not that big of a deal though because u can use any 3rd party browser and access it just find. What's even cooler u can download pdf's and stuff off blackboard and then edit them with docs to go. The tour has made me so productive,
    Might be a dumb question, but again I'm new...Does docs to go come with BB, or is that a 3rd party app....man there is so much to learn coming from a "dumb phone"!
    07-13-09 08:32 PM
    Docs to comes on with the tour. It comes with sheets to go, word to go, and I think pdf to go.
    Might be a dumb question, but again I'm new...Does docs to go come with BB, or is that a 3rd party app....man there is so much to learn coming from a "dumb phone"!
    07-13-09 08:38 PM
    Just FYI, I just downloaded the Bolt browser, and BlackBoard works perfectly! I'm an instructor, not a student, and so I need to be able to access all the random little menus in BlackBoard, and in Bolt, I can!

All the other browsers I tried would only show me one frame, or couldn't handle popups. I'm sold!

10-05-09 09:07 PM
    A lot of misinformation here...

For Blackboard to work with the native Blackberry browser you must simply enable javascript support on the browser configuration options page. You may have to close the browser and reopen for the setting to take effect. Other browsers do a better job of rendering the page, but it's entirely possible with the berry browser.
    10-05-09 11:18 PM
    I'm running 5.0.0.230 and Blackboard for my university (Purdue) works fine. It's a bit slow and the Bolt browser does a better job of rendering the pages in a timely manner, but the default BB browser works for me. Internet Explorer mode seems to be a must, however.
    10-06-09 08:42 AM
    My blackberry 8330 won't let me enable javascript...why is this?
    10-09-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD