Is it possible to tether the TOUR with a Mac WITHOUT using Bluetooth?

I know theres probably a million threads about this already, but I looked and couldn't find any. So if you have a link, kindly pass it along.
    07-13-09 05:22 PM
    Only using Tetherberry. Not sure if it works with the Tour though.

Why do you not want to use Bluetooth?
    07-13-09 05:57 PM

I've actually never been able to get Bluetooth working correctly. Always have problems file sharing and stuff like that, so I figured it would be just as much a pain to try to tether with Bluetooth.

I guess its worth a shot though.
    07-13-09 06:54 PM
    File sharing??!!! Why are you using torrents over mobile connection?

What sort of BT problems are you having? Can you connect to the network?
    07-13-09 06:58 PM
    File sharing??!!! Why are you using torrents over mobile connection?

What sort of BT problems are you having? Can you connect to the network?
    Let me rephrase that, the times I've messed around with Bluetooth I tried transferring files from my computer to my BlackBerry, but was never successful.

I haven't ever really tried (I was told it wasn't possible with a Mac) tethering, but have a feeling if I couldn't get filesharing setup between my BlackBerry and my Mac I wouldn't be able to get Bluetooth tethering setup either.
    07-13-09 07:25 PM
    No Bluetooth tethering is very easy to set up and very nice to use.

THe transfering files between mac and the blackberry are tricky because of the security features in place for the BB and BT. This is why we can sync with the BB over BT very easily. Many security features in place to protect BB from the pitfalls of BT.
    07-13-09 09:10 PM
    Check out this page and it will walk you through it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/how...solved-260401/
    07-13-09 09:10 PM

Tetherberry works perfectly with the Tour. I just was messing around with it- and I love it. It's free beta, too...
    07-13-09 11:45 PM
    Forgot Tetherberry use BT it is free
    07-14-09 09:38 PM
    There is, of course, one good reason to use USB instead of Bluetooth for tethering - battery life. You will run down the battery on your BB by using Bluetooth (not incredibly fast, but faster than if you weren't using Bluetooth), while if you use USB, then you are actually charging your BB battery while connected.

Either is valid, either will work, but battery life is something to consider.
    07-15-09 09:01 PM
    You can connect your BB to your mac while you are tethering to keep it charged, the usb will not make it any faster i went to speedtest.net and it i got broadband speeds using blue tooth. No reason to have the USB connected really it wont make your connection any better and the battery life issue should not be a problem unless you don't have any USB jacks free on your laptop.
    07-24-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD