BlackBerry 9550 is the Storm 2? : Boy Genius Report

Whatta ya think?

(also talked about in: http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...9550-a-264893/ )
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 07-13-09 at 02:22 PM.
    07-13-09 02:19 PM
    I somehow doubt they would keep it as 9550. Mostly unimpressed but I'll save any real judgements till we have concrete specs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 02:23 PM
    seems like nothing really new, nothing to get excited about yet either IMO
    07-13-09 02:34 PM
    I'm quite happy with my Storm as it is now. I'd only consider upgrading to the S2 if two things were for sure: 1: must have wi-fi. That's the only thing I can see making the Storm better than it is now other than the 5.0 OS of course. 2: Keep the sure-press or whatever they call it. Every other touch screen phone I've tried just sucks IMO and I wouldn't even consider going away from the technology the Storm screen has now.
    07-13-09 02:38 PM
    kind of excited, we'll see how the no-click screen works out
    07-13-09 02:38 PM
    Yeah my main thing is that it should have wifi other than that curious to see how the non surepress would work out even though I've gotten use to it

07-13-09 05:01 PM
    im hoping it will have:
    wifi AND gps capabilities
    07-13-09 05:08 PM
    I'm quite happy with my Storm as it is now. I'd only consider upgrading to the S2 if two things were for sure: 1: must have wi-fi. That's the only thing I can see making the Storm better than it is now other than the 5.0 OS of course. 2: Keep the sure-press or whatever they call it. Every other touch screen phone I've tried just sucks IMO and I wouldn't even consider going away from the technology the Storm screen has now.
    In addition, it must have 256megs of RAM. 128 MB is ridiculous.
    07-13-09 05:10 PM
    Just bring it on already!

07-13-09 09:15 PM
    I'm not anti Storm 2, but I'm so pleased with my Storm (especially on .151), I doubt I would switch until my 2 years are up. What I really wan tot see, is how 5.0 runs on our current Storms.
    07-13-09 09:32 PM
    ATT here we come.
    07-13-09 09:35 PM
    I want GPS, 256mb ram
    07-13-09 09:36 PM
    Most likely you'll get...
    256MB RAM
    256MB Flash
    WIFI
    GPS

07-13-09 11:32 PM
    256MB RAM
    256MB Flash
    WIFI
    GPS

that'll b nice
    07-13-09 11:35 PM
    256MB RAM
    256MB Flash
    WIFI
    GPS

Keyword: "Most".
    They may make it lower or higher to what is said. HECK... they could even make applications run as device memory like an iPhone, who KNEW?!

Back to reality, it can change, but even I'm not sure yet what's on the Storm 2, just the Storm 1. Keyword on that sentence: "yet".
    07-13-09 11:36 PM
    I can live without wifi in a S2, especially with LTE coming. I would look for larger app mem, and gpu acceleration...and no dust lol.
    07-13-09 11:52 PM
    I can live without wifi in a S2, especially with LTE coming. I would look for larger app mem, and gpu acceleration...and no dust lol.
    As covered several times, WIFI is not about speed. Also, it's too early for Storm 2 to be LTE.

07-14-09 12:35 AM
    You want WiFi. There are many places coming out with it in places you cannot get cell service.
    One of the biggest is on airplanes. American has rolled it out and others are adding it

07-14-09 01:18 AM
    You want WiFi. There are many places coming out with it in places you cannot get cell service.
    One of the biggest is on airplanes. American has rolled it out and others are adding it

i agree,

such as, ie, im going away to college this fall and sometimes, ur get no service, but my apartment has wifi (comes w/ rent ) so it will b useful
    07-14-09 01:22 AM
    Ok people I'll concede the point about wifi.

I've been lucky to have complete coverage in my travels at home in socal, and around the country this year. Surfing while flying would rock for sure.

07-14-09 02:37 AM
    If Rim is going to compete in the consumer market, they must get more app memory, and a better browser.

I wonder if the stock browser will be better on wi-fi
    07-14-09 07:25 AM
    Just give me the ability to have my emails already downloaded, with images and attachments and true HTML email. The 2.9MB BIS attachment limit also needs to be drastically increased.
    07-14-09 09:21 AM
    I'd rather look for all that AND wifi. When you're the basement (or sub-basement below the basement) of a 8 story building all day, the lack of surfabilty sucks when there's a wifi signal around
    07-14-09 09:25 AM
    Just give me the ability to have my emails already downloaded, with images and attachments and true HTML email. The 2.9MB BIS attachment limit also needs to be drastically increased.
    Wouldn't the BIS servers need to then be beefed up drastically as well?.. They can't up the ante until it's cost effective.
    07-14-09 09:27 AM
    I'm not anti Storm 2, but I'm so pleased with my Storm (especially on .151), I doubt I would switch until my 2 years are up. What I really wan tot see, is how 5.0 runs on our current Storms.
    Then you can upgrade to the Storm 3.
    07-14-09 09:28 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD