On my Windows Device, when I would read email on my phone, it would mark it as read in my email box, and when I would read an email on my computer, it would mark it read on my phone.

This is not happening with my Tour. Is there a way to set this up so that it will do this?

Also, on my Windows device, every night at midnight all my email on my phone will be deleted. Will this happen on my Tour, or will I have to delete each message individually?
    07-13-09 01:09 PM
    You can set various filters on the Verizon BIS site. Some of these may be on there.
    07-13-09 01:10 PM
    When you open your email account, go to General Options. There is a setting called Keep Messages, which you can set from anywhere from "forever" to 15 days. I realize this isn't exactly the same, but it's a start.

And as far as the recognition from email to phone, my Gmail automatically recognizes in the inbox that it was read on the phone and marks it as read. However, it doesn't work the opposite way, at least that I have been able to find.

Good luck!
    07-13-09 01:22 PM
    I have a win mo phone also, and a work blackberry on a BES server. I had to switch my mail type to imap on gmail before it would sync back and forth. So i dont know what type of server it is using with BIS to communicate to that might be something to look into. Also, the blackberry with delete messages after a certain ammount of time (my sprint 8350i deletes after 30 days) if that helps at all.
    07-13-09 03:01 PM
    As a BB Noob...I still can not figure out how to do this.

Does anybody know how I can read my gmail on my PC and then it will automatically be "Marked as Read" on my Tour? I am not concerned about it happening in reverse.

I have looked at the filters, but it does not look like I can set on up...or is it possible?

Thanks for all the help!
    07-17-09 01:54 PM
    Did you set up your gmail account the way that this link tells you to?
    Mark_Venture's Verizon Phone Info Page

Thats how I set mine up and when i read an email on my phone, it changes it to read on my computer. Also, when i archive an email on my PC it disappears from my phone.
    07-17-09 02:05 PM

Thats how I set mine up and when i read an email on my phone, it changes it to read on my computer. Also, when i archive an email on my PC it disappears from my phone.
    When you do this does it still retain the push functionality that RIM has with gmail accounts?
    07-17-09 02:42 PM

That worked as you described, but I am actually looking for the opposite of that. I want to read email on my computer, and then have it marked as read on my phone.

Is this possible?
    07-17-09 03:17 PM
    That worked as you described, but I am actually looking for the opposite of that. I want to read email on my computer, and then have it marked as read on my phone.
    This is what I am looking to do as well.

I have been searching and searching.

I am tired of deleting emails twice.
    07-17-09 03:20 PM
    When you do this does it still retain the push functionality that RIM has with gmail accounts?
    Yes, that is the reason I installed the gmail account that way.
    07-17-09 03:23 PM
    This is what I am looking to do as well.

I have been searching and searching.

I am tired of deleting emails twice.
    If you do it the way my link prescribes, if you delete on the computer, it will delete on the blackberry, and vice versa.
    07-17-09 03:24 PM

Is this possible?
    I'm not sure, I'm sorry.
    07-17-09 03:25 PM
    If you do it the way my link prescribes, if you delete on the computer, it will delete on the blackberry, and vice versa.
    I did do it that way.

Should I delete service books and do a battery pull?
    07-17-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD