Losing faith with .151 gotta tell ya.

twice now accidentally muted the phone in a call and both times couldn't unmute.

An just a second ago, i couldn't answer the d*mn thing and when it stopped ringing and then it got stuck on the missed call message and wouldn't let me back out.

So yea, losing faith in this build.

Jesus why can't they get this right.

EDIT: Just tried to dial and it gave me this long uncaught exception error with phone.cod buuul****!! AAAARRRRGGGGGG
    Last edited by Valace2; 07-13-09 at 12:20 PM.
    07-13-09 12:18 PM
    I've been saying "meh" since the night it came out. l never knew what everyone was so excited about.
    07-13-09 12:34 PM
    I've been saying "meh" since the night it came out. l never knew what everyone was so excited about.
    Well it was working great up until last night.
    07-13-09 12:36 PM
    Answering phone calls with the Storm is a real S***-Show. I have to push the hard "answer" key about 40 times to get it to answer a call. If you're one of those people that says "I have no problems with it", awesome. I'm not one of those people.

Ironically, .148 was the first OS that pick up after one button push. It's one of the reasons I liked it so much.

P.S. Ask me when I last risked answering with the soft key on the screen.
    07-13-09 12:48 PM
    Have to agree the soft key answer has always sucked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:52 PM
    Oh, totally. Have never been able to use the soft answer key at all.
    07-13-09 01:08 PM
    Why would there even be a soft key above a hard key? Its as dumb as there being zoom soft keys on he browser instead of refresh and forward.

07-13-09 01:41 PM
    Still on .148, and now I'm kinda glad. lol
    07-13-09 01:53 PM
    Still on .148, and now I'm kinda glad. lol
    Don't get me wrong, .151 has its perks. Hopefully these phone issues will go away. I still love the transitions, but thats only cosmetic.
    07-13-09 01:55 PM
    I was on .151 for a day. The signal was horrible for me on Bells network. The battery was dead by lunchtime .148 lasted a full day of hard use. GPS was part of the problem I think.

07-13-09 02:00 PM
    07-13-09 02:10 PM
    I have thought about screenlock but I am usually pretty careful when making my calls. Haven't had an accidental mute since december. Thing that bugs me is that it wouldn't unmute. Now thats a problem.
    07-13-09 02:16 PM
    I would say not "unmuting" would be a big problem.
    07-13-09 02:19 PM
    How were you trying to unmute? you can press BB and unmute from there too i think
    07-13-09 02:36 PM
    How were you trying to unmute? you can press BB and unmute from there too i think
    I will have to try, it was the softkey I was hitting.
    07-13-09 02:52 PM
    You can also use the mute button on the top right hand corner of the phone. I have had the "unmute" problem since .132 but learned that pressing that button works everytime. Try it.
    07-13-09 03:41 PM
    ya i had this happen to me even on 148, just use the top right corner button instead and it will unmute.
    07-13-09 03:48 PM
    Don't get me wrong, .151 has its perks. Hopefully these phone issues will go away. I still love the transitions, but thats only cosmetic.
    You really like these transitions? I think they are kinda lame. Sad, sad attempt compared to the "competition." They aren't fluid or smooth AT ALL. I'm a little embarrassed for RIM.

So far, .151 is going well for me, though.
    07-13-09 04:03 PM
    To me RIM leaked os are spoiling us. We can see each incremental change that came along. So nothing will ever impress us.

Just imagine if we never had any leak since 75/76 came out and we jumped straight to 151? We will all be standing around singing "kumbaya".
    07-13-09 04:11 PM
    I am also having trouble with the hard answer key, although I also had that problem with .148.... And while I am at it I have been on .151 for a few days and have yet to see these transitions you guys are talking about, wth am I missing.
    07-13-09 04:17 PM
    To me RIM leaked os are spoiling us. We can see each incremental change that came along. So nothing will ever impress us.

Just imagine if we never had any leak since 75/76 came out and we jumped straight to 151? We will all be standing around singing "kumbaya".
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... breath..........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    07-13-09 04:21 PM
    You really like these transitions? I think they are kinda lame. Sad, sad attempt compared to the "competition." They aren't fluid or smooth AT ALL. I'm a little embarrassed for RIM.

Yea but ya gotta love the attempt. I agree that they actually kinda look out of place on a severe device like the Storm, but its the attempt I like.

An it adds a little something.
    07-13-09 06:40 PM

They are very fast with mine...no choppiness at all
    07-13-09 06:43 PM
    I will have to try, it was the softkey I was hitting.
    That soft key screw up has been in there since probably before .148 to be honest with you. Same with going from speaker to handset (I believe) Just use the bb key. It's inconvenient but that's RIM of late for ya.

Not sure why anyone cares so much about answering with the soft key anyway. ****, if I were RIM I'd just remove it. As mentioned earlier: It's pointless to have a touch screen key right above a hard key that does the same key. The Hard Key can't be removed via update so just remove the pointless touch one.
    Last edited by CSSVT; 07-13-09 at 08:21 PM.
    07-13-09 08:18 PM
    The only thing really out of the ordinary for me is that my slacker radio (free) locked up on me after about 10 minutes of radio, then kept giving a java exception until I did a reset.
    07-13-09 08:27 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD