Now this phone is without a doubt the best phone that i have ever owned. I dont know why people are complaining about this phone at all... It seems flawless to me, it doesnt run slow, doesnt freeze, no bugs, just perfect!

Just wanted to share a more positive opinion about a wonderful phone rather than all the hate that ive been reading.
    07-13-09 10:39 AM
    I understand that it has a faster processor, better camera, and a few extra quirks that the curve doesnt have, but I just dont see it being THAT much better than the curve. Now i'm not in anyway against the Tour. Its a wonderfull device, and as a matter of fact, I just ordered one for the girlfriend due to sprint giving her a $200 credit towards a new phone, but at the end of the day i'm having a hard time paying full retail and dumping my curve for it. I dont see anything that the phone has over the curve that makes me say "I gotta have it"
    Last edited by deevel79; 07-13-09 at 11:05 AM.
    07-13-09 10:48 AM
    I understand that it has a faster processor, better camera, and a few extra quirks that the curve doesnt have, but I just dont see it being THAT much better than the curve. Now i'm not in anyway against the Tour. Its a wonderfull device, and as a matter of fact, I just ordered one for the girlfriend due to sprint giving her a $200 credit towards a new phone, but at the end of the day i'm having a hard time paying full retail and dumping my curve for it. I dont see anything about the phone that makes me say "I gotta have it"
    personally, I would pay full retail for it but I totally understand where you are coming from.

Logically full retail wouldn't make sense because the Curve is such a solid device. But if you had the chance to upgrade with the discounted price its awesome and well worth it.
    07-13-09 10:55 AM
    Now this phone is without a doubt the best phone that i have ever owned. I dont know why people are complaining about this phone at all... It seems flawless to me, it doesnt run slow, doesnt freeze, no bugs, just perfect!

Just wanted to share a more positive opinion about a wonderful phone rather than all the hate that ive been reading.
    I am with you on this... I'm pretty sure this is the best phone I have owned in a very long time.
    07-13-09 10:56 AM
    but at the end of the day i'm having a hard time paying full retail and dumping my curve for it. I dont see anything about the phone that makes me say "I gotta have it"
    I have a curve, and after playing with the tour, they keyboard alone is enough to make me "really want it". But I would also have a hard time paying full retail for it as the curve gets the job done (luckily for me though I get a hardware credit, so I will be getting it).
    07-13-09 10:56 AM
    Having gone through practically all the blackberries on the market, the Tour is by far the best one that I've owned and very happy with it. Faster processor, faster speed, and more memory.
    07-13-09 10:57 AM

Understandable. I paid full retail for it and have no regrets at all. It is everything I wished my Curve was.
    07-13-09 11:02 AM
    What are your thoughts on the browser, and how does it excell over the curves browser? My company just recently put blocks on many websites that I visit on a day to day basis, and have been relying on my Curves browser which is a bit shabby.
    07-13-09 11:10 AM

Ditto for me too. The phone is perfect (except for the wifi, which isn't a big deal to me). It is zillion times better than my touch pro.
    07-13-09 11:19 AM
    I understand that it has a faster processor, better camera, and a few extra quirks that the curve doesnt have, but I just dont see it being THAT much better than the curve. Now i'm not in anyway against the Tour. Its a wonderfull device, and as a matter of fact, I just ordered one for the girlfriend due to sprint giving her a $200 credit towards a new phone, but at the end of the day i'm having a hard time paying full retail and dumping my curve for it. I dont see anything that the phone has over the curve that makes me say "I gotta have it"
    I don't think this is for people who already have the curve or just got one and want to upgrade paying full prices on it. Its a great phone for people who were using the 8830 or new to BB or even new customers altogether. The people who paid full retail are in the very minority.
    07-13-09 11:30 AM
    I'm always switching phones hope this one keeps me from that I get mine tomorrow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 11:52 AM
    Gotta say I hate you all. This is my first blackberry and now I'm addicted. I can not believe I haven't had one sooner. I am officially a bb junkie.

07-13-09 12:00 PM
    +1

I love the tour, after a little more than a year with the pearl i'm finally able to use a BB to its full potential

RIP pearl. You will be remembered fondly, but not missed.
    07-13-09 12:02 PM
    yeah, this is definitely the best phone i've owned....i've had the treo 650, 700, & 755...and i also had a voyager(which isnt even a smartphone) for a month, and then a bunch of clamshell dumbphones b4 the whole smartphone movement got caught traction....by far the best. i was just comparing the physical size of the tour to the treo, and the tour make the treo look like a brick...and then also there's bbm....yezzir!!!
    07-13-09 12:08 PM
    I don't think this is for people who already have the curve or just got one and want to upgrade paying full prices on it. Its a great phone for people who were using the 8830 or new to BB or even new customers altogether. The people who paid full retail are in the very minority.
    Don't forget people coming from the Storm I forgot how fast a Blackberry could be...
    07-13-09 12:10 PM
    This is a pretty sweet BlackBerry

07-13-09 12:13 PM
    Does anyone feel that the keyboard on the Tour is a bit cramped? I just took a walk over to Verizon while on my lunch break, and messed around with the phone for a few minutes, and everything about the phone seemed great with the exception of the keyboard. The buttons itself had a great feel to it, but i found myself making many mistakes due to the cramped keys. The curves keys are spaced apart enough in order to give u room to type comfortably unlike the Tour.
    07-13-09 12:20 PM
    The display is what sold me ... much easier on the eyes than the 8330. But, unless you feel you can get a couple hundred bucks on eBay for the Curve, might not be worth your while to upgrade at full list.
    07-13-09 12:26 PM
    i totally agree. this phone is WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST BLACKBERRY I'VE OWNED.

the keyboard alone makes me attracted to the device. compared to the more plastic/cheap keys on the curve, this keyboard is flawless and so easy to type on.
    07-13-09 12:27 PM
    Does anyone feel that the keyboard on the Tour is a bit cramped? I just took a walk over to Verizon while on my lunch break, and messed around with the phone for a few minutes, and everything about the phone seemed great with the exception of the keyboard. The buttons itself had a great feel to it, but i found myself making many mistakes due to the cramped keys. The curves keys are spaced apart enough in order to give u room to type comfortably unlike the Tour.
    I see no difference between the two, except perhaps for the softness of the 9630 keyboard which makes typing a little easier.
    07-13-09 12:27 PM
    Ditto...I'm switching from the storm to the tour. I absolutely can't wait its such an incredible phone and I've had a few blackberries....8800, curve 8330 and the storm for only 2 months and I want to smash the thing against the wall! Hopefully, i will be able to keep the tour for a solid year or more! its so frustrating to keep switching phones but the tour DEFINITELY looks like a keeper!
    07-13-09 12:28 PM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has no issues with it .... I feel bad for the problems people seem to be having. I really like it and am glad I got it
    07-13-09 12:29 PM
    I agreed woth the OP, this phone is incredible. Miles better than the Curve 8330!

07-13-09 12:32 PM
    The display is what sold me ... much easier on the eyes than the 8330. But, unless you feel you can get a couple hundred bucks on eBay for the Curve, might not be worth your while to upgrade at full list.
    I actually recieved a new replacement from asurion 2 weeks ago (not refurbished) and have kept in in pristine condition in hopes of selling it on craigslist and putting the money towards the Tour, but after messing around with it, i'm not sure i'm ready to give up my curve for it. Many might disagree with me here, but i'm not all that crazy about the new keypad. Its quite cramped for me. I have fat fingers, and although the keys itself are bigger than the curves, they arent spaced out enough in order to prevent u from hitting the adjacent keys. I would literally have to type with the corner of my finger nail. What am i suppose to do when i cut my nails? LOL.
    07-13-09 12:33 PM
    This phone has absolutely blown me away. I may be coming from a dumb lg voyager but man this thing is just so quick. I didn't think that there would be that much on this phone but I am amazed. I kinda wish it had wifi but even with low signal the browser is extremely fast. My only complaint, the w key is hard to hit for some reason but I think that's just me
    07-13-09 12:54 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD