Just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues with the latest 9530 leak .151, and the Pandora Application. I can boot the program successfully, but receive the following errors.

• Unexpected network error occured. Failed to open UDP socket while checking licensing.
    • Unexpected network error occured. Failed to open UDP socket while signing in.

It would appear that there is something wrong with my connection, but I am having no other issues with connectivity. When I first loaded this OS I did a wipe using JL commander to prevent any bugged settings from being transfered over. I have resent service books, done two battery pulls, and reinstalled the pandora application twice.

If anyone has any ideas that could help me I would greatly appreciate it. I use this application very heavily.

Thanks in advance.
    07-13-09 10:07 AM
    I'm having the same problem after using Slacker for a couple hours. I'm not sure if this is an OS bug or a change to the OS that broke something in Slacker. I am anxiously awaiting a solution because I otherwise love .151 and do not wish to downgrade.
    07-13-09 10:20 AM
    some discussion in http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ou...-151-a-264555/
    there Rags1214 says problem fixed by reloading .151 again, but I have my doubts
    07-13-09 10:23 AM
    Yes, after reading that thread I have my doubts as well. It looks like something memory-wise might have been changed in this operating system.

I will try wiping the device, and see what that does for me but hopefully pandora or slacker will put out a update but I don't think I should hold my breath waiting for it.

Again thanks for your help.
    07-13-09 10:33 AM
    Delete Pandora. Re-install. Done!

No need to re-install the entire OS.
    07-13-09 10:38 AM
    I have already done that, it was in my original post. I can't be bothered to reinstall pandora every hour.
    07-13-09 10:48 AM
    Me and my wifes Storm were both having these types of errors with Pandora since upgrading to .151

What I did that has seemed to fix it so far was make sure that Pandora had full permissions and reboot the phone.

Pandora has been working great so far, swithcing songs, multi tasking, being interrupted by phone calls.

Check to make sure your permissions are set for Pandora and see if you still get problems or not....I intermitently ran in to errors on previous OS as well, but it was pretty bad with .151 for awhile...hopefully the permissions was the problem....
    07-13-09 09:24 PM
    I'm having the same problems, with pandora, slacker and ubertwitter. permissions are already set at full.

driving me NUTS!!!!
    07-14-09 07:32 AM
    Same here with Pandora. A battery pull solves the problem.
    07-14-09 07:45 AM
    Same here with Pandora. A battery pull solves the problem.
    Thanks for the reply haris, but that's temporary. Having to keep pulling the battery is not a valid option.
    07-14-09 07:48 AM
    I'm lovin .151 way too much to switch back now. It is a sad day but I may just be done with pandora and slacker until the bug is fixed.
    07-14-09 08:53 AM
    I'm just spit-ballin' here but Pandora and Slacker both STREAM audio. The greatness of the .151 OS is its memory management. Perhaps that memory management is a little too aggressive and is trying to CLEAN what the apps are streaming? Maybe turn OFF Memory Cleaner if you have it running. Also, if you are running MeterBerry try disabling its Memory Clean function. I have both Pandora and Slacker but have not been in a position to try either one at length yet. I just fired them up along with all my other apps after the OS install to make sure they would load and make sure all the settings and validations are correct.

So far I have had exactly one app fail to the point it had to be deleted and that was XtremeLabs SpeedTest which would lock up while running and required a battery pull before any app that uses TCP/IP would work. It has been deleted from my Storm.

I'm going to run Pandora tonight instead of catching up on PodCasts and see if I have any issues.
    07-14-09 07:43 PM
    I've been having this problem with Flycast and Slacker. It seems after the application is opened and streaming and then closed any following apps (including the original app if reopened) are unable to access the port.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mightybrick; 07-14-09 at 09:51 PM.
    07-14-09 09:48 PM
    have had that error with pandora before, just had to reboot. I'm not having problems with it at the moment.
    07-14-09 10:44 PM
    A long batt pull solves the problem. Someone mention before if I remember correctly about a UDP port closing or something with the .151 update, you will be able to use the browser still, but not able to use apps such as iheartradio, pandora, slacker, ect. Honestly we need someone like lyricidal or someone to step in and maybe get us a fix because the problem is in the OS.
    07-14-09 10:44 PM
    Battery pull is only a temp fix.

07-15-09 08:24 AM
    Battery pull is temporary fix. MMS & Pandora both stop working again after a while...Any permanent fixes, this is ridiculous...
    07-15-09 04:37 PM
    Such a shame. This is a fairly solid OS other than this bug.

Just have to take the good with the bad, and not listen to my pandora while at the gym. Hopefully we can find a work around.
    07-15-09 06:22 PM
    Has anyone been able to test the latest version of Pandora to see if it fixed this bug?
    07-16-09 08:24 AM
    Has anyone been able to test the latest version of Pandora to see if it fixed this bug?
    I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully I will be able to test this later.

07-16-09 08:57 AM
    Listening to Pandora right now on .151. How long does it typically take to manifest?
    07-16-09 09:36 AM
    A hour or less typically.
    07-16-09 09:48 AM
    Just got the updated software and it's still throwing error codes at me. I have .151 The most common one I get is "Unexpected network error occurred: Out of memory while checking licensing." It also likes to stop mid-song, then I try to start it again or skip it and it says something like "Waiting for next track to load." which it never does. It just freezes and closes out the program. Annoying.
    07-16-09 09:54 AM
    I installed newest version of Pandora about an hour ago... v1.1.0
    After installation I checked that permissions were set to "allow" - some were already set to "allow" some were not.
    I turned 9530 off then did a battery pull to kind of solidify things.
    new version running just fine on my device running a non-hybrid .151 since.
    it actually sounds slightly better...
    same problem with the new version.

Listening to Pandora right now on .151. How long does it typically take to manifest?
    when I had a previous version and actually timed it, it took 90 minutes. With the new version, it took almost 2 hours (115 minutes) I don't know if it was coincidence but the longer time was listening to a station that had longer tracks than I listened to for the 90 minute cycle. Since I have no idea what's going on inside, that could irrelevant or misleading.
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD