Hey everyone,
    I currently have a Blackberry 8330 (curve). I work online managing websites / consulting, I need to be able to get online 24/7. I am currently up for upgrading my phone.

The most important feature to me is fast internet connection to be able to check on my sites.

Do I want to:
    a) Upgrade to a tour
    b) Switch to AT&T and get a blackberry with WiFi (I would rather not do this)
    c) Wait it out for the next blackberry on Verizon (i dont want the Storm 2)

Right now it seems the ONLY drawback of the tour is lack of WiFi, i dont want to buy the phone then find out verizon is launching a new wifi phone in the near future that will make this one look like crap.

Thank you to everyone in advance for your help!
    07-12-09 11:38 PM
    That's really your own choice, as in not have wifi is a make or break for you.
    07-12-09 11:42 PM
    That's really your own choice, as in not have wifi is a make or break for you.
    Should I let the WiFi get to me that badly?
    07-12-09 11:43 PM
    I don't have wifi on my 8830WE and i'm upgrading to the Tour next week. So it's not a biggy for me
    07-13-09 12:02 AM
    Should I let the WiFi get to me that badly?
    Never had problems getting EVDO with vzw in the past three years. Wifi will not get me to switch to ATT, ever.
    07-13-09 12:23 AM
    After using the Storm for 4 months, the Pre for 4 days, and the Tour for 1/2 day, I can honestly say WiFi's not a deal breaker for me. I'd much rather have 3G coverage and the ability to make a phone call where most other networks fail.

I have a friggin' netbook for WiFi browsing. At some point you have to decide if you want a phone or a portable browsing experience. For me, I chose the Tour.
    07-13-09 01:29 AM
    dude i have such good 3g coverage it isnt even a factor to me. if your asking if its a deal breaker than chances are you dont need it or else you would know
    07-13-09 01:43 AM
    Now it was a factor on the Pre. But that was because it like to roam inside buildings. And even then, how often will you have a WAP accessible in some random building?
    07-13-09 01:45 AM
    So WiFi isnt as big as of a deal as everyone makes it out to be?
    07-13-09 11:07 PM
    Any other decision in your life we can help you make?
    07-13-09 11:22 PM
    I can say that I was a little worried about lack of Wi-Fi but I've had the phone two days and internet speed has been outstanding. I would highly recommend this phone. I love it!
    07-13-09 11:29 PM
    I really don't think WiFi is that big of a deal. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's nice. But on Verizon I've never had a problem with getting service.
    07-13-09 11:29 PM
    if wifi is 100% must, than if you could switch to att and get the bold...Verizons 3G is extremely good and they def have the best coverage for voice and data in the US...The Tour is a great device, i also upgraded from the 8330 to the tour..I absolutely love it...I have played with the device for 2 full days and have found 0 bugs or issues with the device or the os...You will notice a big difference upgrading from the 8330... Im not sure when the next bb wit wifi is coming out for verizon (besides storm2, which you stated you were not interested in)...If your up for an upgrade i say go with the tour...It will be at least 15-18 months before a newier bb with wifi hits verizon....around then you'll be up for an upgrade again, and if not verizon is flexible with moviing the date if your account is in good standing or your a VIP customer...

Verizon+BB Tour = Awesome!!!
    07-13-09 11:43 PM
    if wifi is 100% must, than if you could switch to att and get the bold...Verizons 3G is extremely good and they def have the best coverage for voice and data in the US...The Tour is a great device, i also upgraded from the 8330 to the tour..I absolutely love it...I have played with the device for 2 full days and have found 0 bugs or issues with the device or the os...You will notice a big difference upgrading from the 8330... Im not sure when the next bb wit wifi is coming out for verizon (besides storm2, which you stated you were not interested in)...If your up for an upgrade i say go with the tour...It will be at least 15-18 months before a newier bb with wifi hits verizon....around then you'll be up for an upgrade again, and if not verizon is flexible with moviing the date if your account is in good standing or your a VIP customer...

Verizon+BB Tour = Awesome!!!
    when i say 2 full days, i mean, i have been using the device nonstop, and have messed with all the settings, and app..I have also dl 10 apps that i use...All work perfect, except pandora but im told that should be up and running for the tour in a few days
    07-13-09 11:45 PM
    It depends on how soon you need the phone. If you would really like wifi, wait for the next new thing. MAYBE Verizon will service a phone w Wifi.

If need a phone now, get a tour.
    07-13-09 11:54 PM
    If you "NEED" Wi-Fi either wait for a newer Verizon Blackberry that will have one or go to AT&T and get a Bold, done problem solved! And I have a questions do I want American or Swiss Cheese on my Subway foot long? LOL I KID
    07-14-09 12:17 AM
    Any other decision in your life we can help you make?
    LMAO!...
    07-14-09 12:21 AM
    Are there any Storm users that have upgraded to the Tour, and if so what are your thoughts? I am looking to get the Tour instead of my Storm... it seems like a much better phone and I'm tired of the Storm freezing up and having to take out the battery and restart the phone 3 times a day!!
    07-14-09 12:25 AM
    well dude like it OR not
    if your a fanatic like most of us chances are once you buy the hottest new phone it seems literally as soon as you have paid and walked out the door you are already seeing ads and blogs for the NEWER model. Just the way it rolls, technology, etc...and if you are a HUGE fanatic like myself you get bored with technology pretty fast and after 2 months you are ready for a new device anyways and have NO problem being the first to have the "newer" model in hand!!! happy buying
    07-14-09 12:43 AM
    Come on man... you knew the answer before you even started this post. yes, yes and yes.
    07-14-09 12:53 AM
    Come on man... you knew the answer before you even started this post. yes, yes and yes.

It's like how some people talk just so they can hear themselves talking, or want attention.
    07-14-09 12:55 AM
    You definitely want the tour.
    07-14-09 12:55 AM
    Ps. Ive owned the curve, world, storm and have tested this phone out... nothing compares
    07-14-09 12:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD