So i just wanted to know how many of you were offered great deals and promotions for the tour?? i sure did i got one for free
    07-12-09 10:12 PM
    i got one for free.. well i had to give em back my piece of crap storm but yeah...
    07-12-09 10:14 PM
    i got one for free.. well i had to give em back my piece of crap storm but yeah...
    i didn't have to give up my curve but i just had to sign another 2 year contract which is no problem
    07-12-09 10:18 PM
    got mine for 100 for a 2 year at best buy.
    07-12-09 10:20 PM
    I signed a new 2-year contract, but since I'm moving over from Alltel I got an extra $30 off! Oh, and my work's going to reimburse me for it, so that's a HUGE plus+!
    07-12-09 10:24 PM
    I'm not eligible for any discounts or rebates, and had to purchase the Tour this morning at full retail.

I was anticipating $ 489.00 plus 5% sales tax, but the sales person was very helpful and gave me the phone for the following :

Tour for $ 439.00

I ended up paying $ 439.00 plus 5% sales tax, but he gave me the below accessories all for free :

Black Silicon Case (RIM OEM) for the Tour, this sells for $ 19.99
    1 Privacy Filter for the Tour, this sells for $ 9.99
    1 Verizon Wireless BlueTooth headset, this sells for $ 29.99
    1 2 GB Memory Card which sells for $ 29.99
    I Tour Car Charger which sells for $ 24.99

Not bad for everything including these accessories, and having to pay full retail. Plus, I also get the $ 70 mail in rebate which I'll be sending in soon.

My local store here in Everett, MA had 70 in stock, and I picked up the last 2 remaining ones.
    07-12-09 10:27 PM
    good deal? huh my deal was 597 total , i got the car charger and case and bluetooth
    07-12-09 10:29 PM
    Got it for the one year price and got $70 mail in rebate. Not too bad for only being 3 months into 2 year contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 10:33 PM
    Got it for the one year price and got $70 mail in rebate. Not too bad for only being 3 months into 2 year contract.

Same with me and I'm 7 months into my 2 year contract. They didn't extend the contract either!!!
    07-12-09 10:35 PM
    100 bones here
    07-12-09 10:40 PM
    I'm not eligible for any discounts or rebates, and had to purchase the Tour this morning at full retail.

I was anticipating $ 489.00 plus 5% sales tax, but the sales person was very helpful and gave me the phone for the following :

Tour for $ 439.00

I ended up paying $ 439.00 plus 5% sales tax, but he gave me the below accessories all for free :

Not bad for everything including these accessories, and having to pay full retail. Plus, I also get the $ 70 mail in rebate which I'll be sending in soon.

My local store here in Everett, MA had 70 in stock, and I picked up the last 2 remaining ones.
    Tour comes with 2g card free..well not free but you all know what i mean
    07-12-09 10:46 PM
    how'd you get it free? how many replacements did you have already and what did you have to say to them to get them to exchange your storm for the tour? and did they send you out the actual box for the tour with all the accessories and stuff inside or did they just send you the device as if they were sending you a refurb replacement or something (emphasize the "as if" cuz of course it's new)?

thanks!
    07-12-09 10:52 PM
    Just curious, but how did that work? Was it within your 30 day trial period?
    07-12-09 10:55 PM
    got mine for 100 for a 2 year at best buy.
    me also...can't believe it is cheaper at BB than from VZW
    07-12-09 10:57 PM

Tour for $ 439.00

did u go to a corporate or a auth retailer? just curious
    07-12-09 10:58 PM
    149, nothing extra. I have a decent BT headset. and I didn't like the case they tried to sell me. no complaints

Edit: Off topic but post 200
    07-12-09 10:58 PM
    Hmm i was just in verizon to replace my storm due to the screen and alot of crashes and freezing the new one works great but i got offered the tour for free turned it down not the right keyboard for me i enjoy my storm alot.

P.S. Im new to posting here too
    07-12-09 11:00 PM
    I have had my storm since december and recently it has been freezing and shutting off when I go on websites....i want to get the tour but there is no way i am paying full retail.. however i do not want to pay 50 to get another crappy storm...what should i do?
    07-12-09 11:02 PM
    Guys with the Storm to tour questions, I am doing the same thing tom, I had 5 replacements and then went to planetfeedback and got right to exc relations anad she said im getting a tour tom
    07-12-09 11:05 PM
    Got a 2 year upgrade cost of $270 with a mail in rebate of $70. I think something went wrong so I'm gonna look in to it more tomorrow when I'm not so tired
    07-12-09 11:05 PM
    the problem is i have only had one replacement and thats because my screen cracked...but when i got the replacement i had to wait 7 hours for my browser and data plan to work.. i was thinking i should just complain about how slow my storm is and bringing up the problem with the replacement..i dont think its fair for me to have to pay 50 dollars for a phone that never worked correctly?
    07-12-09 11:07 PM

How did you manage that, pray tell?
    07-12-09 11:08 PM
    Ok, I can upgrade anytime and was offered full price at a Verizon Retail store. How in the world are you people getting these discounts and are able to trade in your used BB storms?

I kind of think these discounts people are claiming here are "Big fish stories".
    07-12-09 11:10 PM
    How did you manage that, pray tell?
    If you have a voice plan that costs at least $60 a month, you can be eligible for a one year upgrade, but you must have that plan for at least 3 months. That's probably how this poster did it.
    07-12-09 11:12 PM
    Well vzw has nothing to due with the insurance company from what i know, but to qualify for the new phone thing you need to have 3+ replaements, your best bet is planetfeedback.com and post a complaitnt, if you pay your bill on time every month and have multiple lines on it, tell them you want to cancel your contract and go to sprint
    07-12-09 11:12 PM
231 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD