Anyone get the privacy/screen protector from Verizon?

Is it the hard/rigid static cling cover vs the vinyl adhesive style?

Does it cover just the LCD area?

How is the clarity through it? The fact that it is a "privacy" protector makes me the the clarity may be compromised.

Thanks for any thoughts!
    07-12-09 07:43 PM
    it seems cling style but stays firm.

just about the entire screen.

can see through it just fine. at an angle you cannot see the screen so it works well.

i got it for now until best skins ever releases one for the tour.
    07-12-09 08:04 PM
    Great. I want to get a protector on this sucker ASAP. Thanks.
    07-12-09 08:16 PM
    I have it and it works great. You lose a little quality though but its not too bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 08:17 PM
    I had the VZW tech put it on for me before I left the store. I wasn't taking any chances!
    07-12-09 08:18 PM
    I got it, but haven't put it on yet.
    07-12-09 08:19 PM
    ill have to look into one of these.
    07-12-09 08:24 PM
    Got it ! Love it ! just hate the wavy looking screen , as dmg mentioned you lose some visual quality but its not too bad
    07-12-09 08:27 PM
    Bought one today. I love how thick it is and how perfectly it fits the screen. However, the image quality through it is terrible. I understand this is an affect of the "privacy" feature of the protector, but it is terrible. It has that rainbow affect like looking at a holigram or something. I'm going to attempt to return it once I get something better.

Terrible.
    07-13-09 03:40 PM
    Got one when I bought my Tour. Put it on to hold me over until i get my PhantomSkinz or Invisible Shield. It works okay. Installation was easy, but like others have said, you get a rainbow effect from the screen which distorts whites fairly easily.
    07-13-09 03:47 PM
    whats te best way to remove it without scratchin the screen?? im gonna get invisibleSHIELD when they come out with one for the tour...got the verizon one for now
    07-13-09 08:48 PM
    whats te best way to remove it without scratchin the screen?? im gonna get invisibleSHIELD when they come out with one for the tour...got the verizon one for now
    Unless you have acrylic nails or some sort of polish, just use your nail and pick up a corner.
    07-13-09 08:52 PM
    They have an invisible shield for the tour already, ordered mine yesterday.
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry 9630 Tour Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    07-13-09 08:59 PM
    Or get a piece of scotch tape, stick it to one corner (with enough hanging off that you can hold onto it), give it a few minutes to set, then lift off using the tape.
    07-13-09 09:01 PM
    I got it..I like it except for the ripple effect. I had them put it on before I left verizon, not taking any chances!
    07-13-09 09:03 PM
    I have to agree with the general consensus here. It works well, however you lose quite a bit of image quality from an otherwise very impressive screen. You see a lot of the very fine diagonal lines that make up the privacy screen. I'm going to keep it on for the protection purposes though. Fits great, and seems highly durable. Pic attached.
    07-13-09 09:10 PM
    I have one on my phone. It works well, but mine seems to scratch easily. I like the privacy factor, but it does distort white. I got it until my invisible shield comes in. Its alright, but it does distort the screen a little.

07-13-09 09:14 PM
    the privacy protector is great other than the fact that my corner wont stick down...the ripple effect is a little annoying but the bubble in the top corner is driving me crazy...any suggestions to get the corner to stay down (the verizon guy gave up on it too)
    07-14-09 05:46 PM
    I got one, installed it myself, and have had no issues with it. Screen quality is still pretty good. I really liked the thickness of the privacy screen and hope that it will offer some screen protection.
    07-15-09 09:50 AM
    The verizon store was all out of the tour screen protectors, soo I bought the curve screen protector. Didn't like it. Is the tour screen protector the same as the curve?

07-15-09 09:58 AM
    I got it and I like it, the ripple effect is a defect in the screen and I'm tempted to take it back but its not annoying yet
    07-15-09 10:25 AM
    I also have the VZW privacy but have not installed it due to loss of clarity concerns. I just switched to the Tour (first BB) from a Treo w/ WM (good riddance!) and I had a screen protector on it, making the screen the only thing that looks new!

With the invisibleSHIELD product, do you use (or recommend) the full body protector or just the screen? If the full body, does it eliminate the need for a silicone cover?

Thanks
    07-15-09 11:25 AM
    I have one, its easy to apply and yes it does lose a bit of image quality but its great.
    07-17-09 12:14 PM
    I've had one of these for my Curve and Tour. Although the privacy part is great. The damned thing sctatches up very easily. i use a belt case and protect my phone very well, but the scratches appear very quickly and it makes it annoying to look at. Had my Tour 5 days and have already replaced it. For the money, get the 3 pack that Verizon offers. Cut to fit.
    07-17-09 01:40 PM
    I've had one of these for my Curve and Tour. Although the privacy part is great. The damned thing sctatches up very easily. i use a belt case and protect my phone very well, but the scratches appear very quickly and it makes it annoying to look at. Had my Tour 5 days and have already replaced it. For the money, get the 3 pack that Verizon offers. Cut to fit.
    Nope. Went down both routes! I had VZW put the privacy screen protector on before leaving the store and within 3 days it was scratched like crazy. Went to VZW and had a tech try the 3 pack and cut them to fit. Two tries later and I left the store with a new privacy screen protector in a package and no screen protector at all. Maybe I had a tech who was no good at screen protectors, but both attempts to cut to fit looked like crap! I hope I can find another option soon!
    07-17-09 04:35 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD