Just wondering if this is possible...

If I can buy a tour off of Ebay/craigslist and get it activated, can I interchange between my Storm and Tour? Say one day I want to us the storm and the other I want to hop on the tour. Is this at all possible?
    07-12-09 06:24 PM
    Just wondering if this is possible...

If I can buy a tour off of Ebay/craigslist and get it activated, can I interchange between my Storm and Tour? Say one day I want to us the storm and the other I want to hop on the tour. Is this at all possible?
    That's what I'm doing. Just go into your account online and click on activate a phone. It will ask for the new phones MEID, then call *228 and you are set.
    07-12-09 06:25 PM
    Awesome.

Is buying from the Verizon store an option at all? Or will they deny me without upgrade eligibility?
    07-12-09 06:27 PM
    Awesome.

Is buying from the Verizon store an option at all? Or will they deny me without upgrade eligibility?
    I don't think they'll deny you... but you'll end up paying full retail for the phone.
    07-12-09 06:28 PM
    ...which is off the charts. Gotcha.

So If I manage to get my hands on one, it's no trouble to activate and use at will?
    07-12-09 06:28 PM
    Awesome.

You can buy outright for $489. I just added a third line to my account at $9.99 a month. I came home and moved an old unused enV to the new line and moved the tour onto my storm line. Now I have an unused storm that I can swap with the tour occasionally. I may eventually cancel the third line or give it to a family member.

Price at bestbuy was $149 + $175 cancellation would only be $325 compared to the straight $489 from verizon.
    07-12-09 06:29 PM
    Alright.

Maybe i missed something, but how would i get coverage if I bought from ebay or craigslist?
    07-12-09 06:36 PM
    Alright.

Maybe i missed something, but how would i get coverage if I bought from ebay or craigslist?
    Oops, missed that part. So long as the phone is clear of fraud and not flaged by vzw as lost or stolen, you can do the online swap exactly as I stated above.
    07-12-09 07:32 PM
    You can buy outright for $489. I just added a third line to my account at $9.99 a month. I came home and moved an old unused enV to the new line and moved the tour onto my storm line. Now I have an unused storm that I can swap with the tour occasionally. I may eventually cancel the third line or give it to a family member.

Price at bestbuy was $149 + $175 cancellation would only be $325 compared to the straight $489 from verizon.
    Someone said they were $699 at a Vzn store with no contract. I would be careful buying for $149 and immediately cancelling for $175 ($325). Make sure they cannot charge your CC the "extra" like Amazon can if you do their deal. They can hit your CC a bundle if you separate the phone from the new line within 6 months.
    07-12-09 07:37 PM
    Yep its real easy to swap a phone online via you Verizon account. Biggest mistake ppl make buying on Ebay or Craigs list is getting a stolen phone and VZW won't let u activate and ur out the cash.

Look for reputable sellers as best u can. I was switching from En V to Curve all the time via my online account and never had an issue.
    07-12-09 07:43 PM
    Someone said they were $699 at a Vzn store with no contract. I would be careful buying for $149 and immediately cancelling for $175 ($325). Make sure they cannot charge your CC the "extra" like Amazon can if you do their deal. They can hit your CC a bundle if you separate the phone from the new line within 6 months.
    You're exactly right. I tried that when I bought my Storm. I got a second line activated to get the new line deal on the Storm. When I cancelled the next day they charged my $175 + the difference in retail on the phone. I think all in all I saved $5 on the whole deal.
    07-12-09 07:44 PM
    You can buy a device on ebay. but make sure you get the ESN number checked to ensure that its clean and not a blacklisted or test device that you can not activate on the network...
    07-12-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD