After some consideration and much reading of CB this morning, we decided to check out our local Best Buy to see if we could get the tour for $149. So off we went, 18 mo and 8 yo in hand. We picked a BB a little further away where we've had good experiences in the past.

We show up at the Best Buy, walk in, ask for the Tour. Guy says "we don't have them". No other explanation...then promptly runs to show me the Curve saying they are the same. No, they're not. Well, he says, they're "almost" the same. When I don't show interest in the Curve, he walks away.

I stand there trying to decide what to do, and a second guy walks up. I ask him if it's really true that they have no Tours. Yes, he says, we haven't gotten them yet...."we hope to start preorders tomorrow". Start preorders? Today is the launch day!!!

Hubby says, let's go to another Best Buy. So off we go, 30+ minute drive. Second BB, where we've had service problems in the past, is great. Pull the Tours out right away. However, as we're in the middle of the weekend conversion from Alltel to Verizon, it would have taken "hours" to get the paperwork done (they would have had to call and have it done manually). So, we paid the preorder price instead to hold them until morning.

And yes, I told them what happened at the other store. They were stunned. Lead guy says his store got "tons" of them!

Update tomorrow - when I join the ranks of the Crackberries!
    07-12-09 04:52 PM
    Sorry To Hear That And There Are Alot Of Incompetent People Out Here But Hopefully Everything Works Out For You.....enjoy Your Tour!!!
    07-12-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD