VZW Tour here.... no today theme?

Mine only has Precision Zen and Verizon Zen.

I need a Today Theme.
    07-12-09 02:31 PM
    today plus theme links? i dled one for the storm cause it said it was compatable... it doesnt even get noticed
    07-12-09 02:38 PM
    hhmm... i see now, guess were not going to have today plus theme for a while... LAME
    07-12-09 02:57 PM
    yeah im really looking for a nice today theme also...one that shows at least the next 5 calander appointments...Developers need to start developing
    07-12-09 02:59 PM
    What the ****!? Is there REALLY no today theme for the tour?!? I was so close to buying it but good thing I checked this forum one last time. I'm a huge fan of the today theme and can't imagine buying a blackberry without one. Does anyone know if it eventually will have today themes (maybe in a month)?
    07-12-09 03:05 PM
    What is a today theme?
    07-12-09 03:11 PM
    What the ****!? Is there REALLY no today theme for the tour?!? I was so close to buying it but good thing I checked this forum one last time. I'm a huge fan of the today theme and can't imagine buying a blackberry without one. Does anyone know if it eventually will have today themes (maybe in a month)?
    Give it a couple of days, the tour was just released this weekend.
    07-12-09 03:14 PM
    VZW Tour here.... no today theme?

Mine only has Precision Zen and Verizon Zen.

I need a Today Theme.
    They didn't give the storm one either, don't feel to bad.
    07-12-09 03:16 PM
    sorry for the stupid question.. but what really is the Today Theme and why do I need it.
    07-12-09 03:26 PM
    It's just a theme that shows (depending on the exact theme) your two most recent messages/emails/calendar events/call logs right on your home screen.
    07-12-09 03:29 PM
    sorry for the stupid question.. but what really is the Today Theme and why do I need it.
    a today theme a 3rd party user interface app. That has some special functions that is not done by the stock theme BB's.

You don't really need it unless it is some thing that is essential to you. Or you want your tour to bb to to be different from the pack.
    07-12-09 03:30 PM
    It's just a theme that shows (depending on the exact theme) your two most recent messages/emails/calendar events/call logs right on your home screen.
    Someone said that the Storm didn't have a today theme, but in my one week of owning one, I did see that it told me what number of messages, emails I had. Is that what you mean, or is that something different?
    07-12-09 03:33 PM
    Do you think they will make the Today Theme for the Tour in the comming weeks, or months? Im new to the blackberry world... but it seems like that would be pretty useful.

On a side note, does anyone have an idea when the 5.0 OS is comming out. Is it already beta testing yet?

thanks
    07-12-09 03:34 PM
    This too hurt my heart, and to tell you the truth, it's damn near a deal breaker for me. I just don't understand why BB Today theme was not preloaded on to the tour. And I guess if I want the Tour, I'm gonna have to buy the theme from some where else?
    07-12-09 03:38 PM
    Do you think they will make the Today Theme for the Tour in the comming weeks, or months? Im new to the blackberry world... but it seems like that would be pretty useful.

On a side note, does anyone have an idea when the 5.0 OS is comming out. Is it already beta testing yet?

thanks
    less that a month most likely, as for 5.0
    07-12-09 03:39 PM
    This too hurt my heart, and to tell you the truth, it's damn near a deal breaker for me. I just don't understand why BB Today theme was not preloaded on to the tour. And I guess if I want the Tour, I'm gonna have to buy the theme from some where else?
    Yes but it is a simple theme to make and developers will make premium and free themes. Just watch at the media section of this forum.
    07-12-09 03:43 PM
    Yes....this was all in my "Tour Theme Problems" thread. They don't show up in the themes folder.
    well that explains why you were so rude in the other thread on page 1. this is launch day...these things will be happening all day. better get used to it.
    07-12-09 04:16 PM
    what is the difference between ther precision and verizon theme? not sure if this is a dumb question but maybe someone can answer
    07-12-09 04:18 PM
    The Precision is the one you see in the stock photos from RIM, the Verizon theme will most likely look similar but be splattered in blood. I don't have my phone yet so I can't confirm, but All Verizon themes are red.

I hope theres a today theme very soon. that kinda was essential to me, but I know it will come, so i purchased anyway.
    07-12-09 04:25 PM
    right basically no difference besides red home screen photo
    07-12-09 04:26 PM
    right basically no difference besides red home screen photo
    I was hoping the Verizon theme would be a today theme. The VZW Layout theme on my Q is way better than all the other themes on my phone.
    07-12-09 04:29 PM
    Yes but it is a simple theme to make and developers will make premium and free themes. Just watch at the media section of this forum.
    Thanks! I'll keep an eye out.
    07-12-09 04:53 PM
    give them 6 months to get the theme machine rolling for now live with it
    07-12-09 05:03 PM
    Well I had a today theme on the Storm, but it took me approx 2 seconds to still go with the Tour without the today theme
    07-13-09 06:35 AM
    My guess is that within a month there should be at least a few today themes out for the tour...
    07-13-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD