Wow...I didn't think this device would be as buggy as it is. It is a bit laggy...it freezes. Definitely a little bit of movement on the back casing. Tough to text and talk while charging with new usb location.

The device does have some negatives. I will rank the negatives:

1. Lack of Wifi...enough said.

2. Location of USB charger makes it extremely difficult to text or talk while it is plugged into the charger.

3. Software sometimes causes trackball and screen to freeze. Although it does not happen often, there is an occasional OS lag or screen freeze. In my opinion the trackball is not defective, but sometimes has trouble responding to the software.

4.Back Cover is loose. This is not a major problem, but can be annoying. The cover shifts slightly and can rattle if the phone is on speaker.

5. The symbol, alt key and shift key are smaller than my curve and that takes some time to get used to.

These problems were not deal breakers for me. Some of these are minor issues and others will be fixed by software upgrades. I will continue to use and own the device. I will not return it. Overall I am happy with it.
    Last edited by supermike437433; 07-12-09 at 08:07 PM.
    07-12-09 01:31 PM
    I agree that I don't care for the new USB location.
    I think the Verizon theme may be causing some of the lagging because I switched it and it got better. Although, I also think that it was "auto organizing" some of the icons because all of a sudden VZ navigator and My Verizon showed up....
    I see no ripple affect.
    My vibrate is weak, but I wonder if it just needs to be fully charged?
    The back cover does move slightly, but I would have never noticed had I not heard it on here first.
    07-12-09 01:36 PM
    My tour has no lag at all even with the verizon theme installed. No screen ripple and the back battery cover seems pretty solid. I do agree with the new usb location. Its annoying to be on the phone while it is charging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 01:40 PM
    Mine was a bit buggy at first but now that I have everything situated and have done a battery pull it's running great, I will miss my Storm's giant screen, but man this keyboard is great! ha
    07-12-09 01:41 PM
    I am having lockup issues as well, with the Zen (non verizon) UI.

The battery door does have some wobble, but eh, thats fine. This locking up though, is making it unusable.

I am using BES.
    07-12-09 01:44 PM
    My device is a little laggy, the charger spot is a little of a pain if you want to use it while charging, but my biggest problem right now is the trackball. Especially if you type a message and need to scroll sideways, it takes forever to move over. Anyone else experiencing this with the trackball?
    07-12-09 01:45 PM
    My device is a little laggy, the charger spot is a little of a pain if you want to use it while charging, but my biggest problem right now is the trackball. Especially if you type a message and need to scroll sideways, it takes forever to move over. Anyone else experiencing this with the trackball?
    Yep. It works great and then freezes and then works great and freezes. I hate the fact that the shift, alt and symbol keys are smaller too. Miss my Curve.
    07-12-09 01:48 PM
    When trying to move the cursor with the trackball in the reply section is a real pain and has been like that as long as I've had Blackberries. No cure for it I'm sorry to say.
    07-12-09 01:49 PM
    I am seeing some lag but... though many people won't want to hear this... it seems like a little OS issue with lagging up during other processes... but, compared to the Storm's release, this is a relief ha... it can only get better as they start updating the OS.
    07-12-09 01:49 PM
    Wow this phone was supposed to be the best berry since sliced bread. Guess I will be using this old curve and wait on a great smartphone equipped with a great browser and OS,

07-12-09 01:51 PM
    Yep. It works great and then freezes and then works great and freezes. I hate the fact that the shift, alt and symbol keys are smaller too. Miss my Curve.
    give it some time. its a brand new phone, it will take us alittle bit to get used to the new feel of the phone. there should be no lagging or freezing like you say though, I have yet to see that happen on mine but I'm hoping its not a common problem
    For what its worth. I saw this before I purchased my Tour. The first one that came out of the box you could scroll back and forth, and the scrolling was HORRIBLE. It would "hang up" and then all of a sudden move. I asked the rep to get another one (acutally, when I mentioned it she suggested it). The next one worked flawlessly!

Check yours BEFORE you sign the paperwork!!!!
    Whats the difference in the Non Verizon Zen and Verizon Zen theme? SOrry if thats been asked before. Also, do apps auto update?
    07-12-09 01:53 PM
    Are you using the 2GB memory card that came with the Tour, or did you transfer the card from your Curve to your Tour?
    07-12-09 01:53 PM
    Wait, so what people are saying is that this is not 100% perfect? Wow.
    07-12-09 01:56 PM
    Also bear in mind that virtually all BBs are "laggy" right out of the box or for a short period after an OS install. Lots of rendering in the background and "learning" by the phone. There also my be OTA stuff pushing out automatically by vz, which will also temporarily slow things down. As it works thru all that, you will see the performance improve, most likely.

07-12-09 01:57 PM
    who was it that said all smartphones are buggy? Somehow not surprised, it won't be long before you start to see leaks then this will be a none issue

07-12-09 01:59 PM
    Are you using the 2GB memory card that came with the Tour, or did you transfer the card from your Curve to your Tour?
    Using the one from my Curve.
    07-12-09 02:01 PM
    My tour has no lag at all even with the verizon theme installed. No screen ripple and the back battery cover seems pretty solid. I do agree with the new usb location. Its annoying to be on the phone while it is charging.

if u were to press down on your screen you would notice a ripple...Theres no way that yours wouldn't ripple
    07-12-09 02:02 PM
    I gotta say, I do love the 4.7 browser. Sooo much better than the 4.5. I think the battery pull hopefuly cleared up the lag.

Yes I am using MY data card from my curve.

07-12-09 02:02 PM
    Using the one from my Curve.
    If the lagging continues, you might want to try moving all the files off the card, then reformat the card in the Tour, then move everything back.
    07-12-09 02:03 PM
    Well, I haven't had mine but maybe a few hours but no lag as of yet, I only downloaded 2 applications so far so we will see how it gets. But overall, it is a great looking device. No screen ripple, battery cover is solid and the keyboard is amazing.
    07-12-09 02:03 PM
    Picked up my Tour today. Upgraded from the 8330. I'm absolutely loving it! My biggest problem has been what to make my left convenience button since I have a dedicated device lock button now, lol!

07-12-09 02:04 PM
    So far, no bugs for me, except beyond 160 isn't working for me

07-12-09 02:07 PM
    Bought two Tours today. SUPER SMOOTH. 10 times better than a curve. browsing is superb.

Battery cover is tight screen does ripple but it's not a storm people. Touching the screen will get you nothing.
    07-12-09 02:08 PM
1,081 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD