Anyone compose an email and reply to it and notice a large text. It does not match the settings.....
    07-12-09 01:18 PM
    Many of the emails I'm receiving have giant text. I'd love to see a fix for this.
    07-12-09 05:28 PM
    same here.
    get out the bug zapper!
    07-12-09 05:29 PM
    I thought I was crazy!!
    07-12-09 05:29 PM
    Just heard fix will be in next revision.
    07-12-09 05:30 PM
    Having this issue as well.
    07-12-09 05:33 PM
    That must be something in OS 4.7, because the Storm's email text is large, too. All incoming email messages I receive on the Storm have large text.
    07-12-09 05:38 PM
    They only seem to be emails from a device to a device, but email from sites, etc... Look fine...... Weird....
    07-12-09 05:55 PM
    I'm getting it from non-device emails as well.

I think it is large on all non-HTML emails. Any spam or anything I get is all large letters. I wrote myslef an email from my computer with HTML and one without...the one with HTML was fine, one w/out was large
    07-12-09 05:58 PM
    Have you folks tried to "Get Plain Text" ? While viewing a message, BlackBerry button, then Get Plain Text.

I could be missing something - my regular emails are fine (I have default text size set to 7).

Otherwise RIM may have pulled the same trick as Microsoft when higher-resolution displays came out. The "large icons" mode tends to have absurdly large text size to compensate for the higher-than-72-dpi screen resolution.

I imagine a fix from RIM is in the works and/or available very shortly.
    07-12-09 06:31 PM
    "Get Plain text" does fix the issue, only for that specific email. And this also takes away all the formatting, as basically you are converting from HTML into plain text.

If you do not mind this, under the "Options" menu then Email Settings, you can disable HTML which will fix the large-size letter issue, but then also disable HTML.
    07-12-09 06:35 PM
    Based on my experience with OS 4.7 on the Storm, there also seems to be some unspecified interaction with Gmail that causes the big font; my BlackBerry syncs with my Gmail, and emails sent to me from Hotmail users pull in at the normal font size, but emails sent to me from other Gmail users pull in with large font.
    07-12-09 06:55 PM
    Mine is only with emails coming from my BES, all other email is fine... VERY annoying.. I disabled HTML as well, but this is not a fix by any means.

Has enough noise been generated about this for it to be looked at ???
    07-13-09 07:23 AM
    Same issue here. Incoming email from other devices, NON - html, displays with huge fonts.
    07-14-09 09:29 AM
    Same thing here. Emails coming from our BES. HTML coming from outside OK.
    07-14-09 09:53 AM
    I've noticed the same on emails received from Gmail only thus far!
    07-14-09 10:00 AM
    Any idea when this next version will be coming?
    07-14-09 08:22 PM
    I didnt' have this problem with my first Tour. Now, emails received from Gmail have large font. I've tried to change the settings and resent svc books w/a battery pull and still no dice. Oh well.
    07-15-09 12:33 PM
    I am starting to experience this problem too. I noticed that when I reply to someone the first time, the text looks fine; however, if they reply back to me this is where I notice the previous email text is large. Even more strange, the persons email sig looks normal. I also logged into gmail to look at the email there and the text looks fine, so it appears it is just with the way the phone is interpreting the email... Odd indeed.
    07-16-09 02:42 PM
    Furthermore... I am surprised more people aren't posting about this. Do other people really not notice this issue, or does this issue not apply to everyone? I can't imagine that it is a phone HW issue, so being SW related, I would think more people would be noticing this seeing as how almost all of us are on the same release.
    07-16-09 02:54 PM
    same here

- Kross
    07-16-09 03:05 PM
    Can I assume you heard this from a reputable source? yester18
    07-16-09 06:19 PM
    Can I assume you heard this from a reputable source? yester18

Yes, it's been addressed and currently being worked on.
    07-16-09 06:23 PM
    Yes, it's been addressed and currently being worked on.
    Awesome; I will wait patiently. Thanks for the intel.
    07-16-09 06:24 PM
    I assume most are having this. I am getting them as well from every type of sender. I jut didn't post since I saw others have already discussed it. not a tour to tou issue but rather the OS which should be fixed with next update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 06:30 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD