I've noticed a ripple whenever I press the screen just slightly. But oly when I press the screen, not the trackball or buttons underneath the screen. Does anyone else experience this? Will this effect the longevity of the phone? (Even though it has a warranty)

Thanks
    07-12-09 12:30 PM
    ...wtf. I'm going to rip my hair out reading this forum.

Why are you pressing the screen? What reason do you have for pressing the screen? People will complain about anything anymore.
    07-12-09 12:31 PM
    Yes everyone should have the same issue

No it wont affect the phone just don't press the screen lol
    07-12-09 12:31 PM
    y would u want 2 press the screen
    07-12-09 12:32 PM
    It's not a touchscreen phone!!!! Don't press the screen in if you don't want a ripple
    07-12-09 12:33 PM
    Same thing happens to my 52" LCD HDTV. Should I return it?
    Mine does the same. I don't plan on pressing on the screen so I'm not worried about it.
    I was just wondering. Sorry for being concerned...
    But at least it's npt a defect or whatever. Thanks
    Same thing happens to my 52" LCD HDTV. Should I return it?
    hahaha ...
    07-12-09 12:34 PM
    I don't notice a ripple affect on my screen at all.
    07-12-09 12:35 PM
    Because the screen shouldn't ripple when you touch it when you pay $500 for it. Yes it's an LCD--but so what? The iPhone doesn't ripple. Some Bolds ripple when you actually press the talk/send keys. Mine doesn't, but some do.

Why are you pressing the screen? What reason do you have for pressing the screen? People will complain about anything anymore.
    07-12-09 12:37 PM
    Patient: "Doc, my arm hurts when I do this." *makes a jerking motion*
    Doctor: "Then don't do that."
    07-12-09 12:40 PM
    The iPhone is a different type of screen than the Tour. Why are you pressing the screen?

People need to stop throwing around this '$500' number. Hardly anyone here has paid $500.

It's an LCD screen. Things happen when you press it. Don't press it. Don't be an *****.
    07-12-09 12:41 PM
    Because the screen shouldn't ripple when you touch it when you pay $500 for it. Yes it's an LCD--but so what? The iPhone doesn't ripple. Some Bolds ripple when you actually press the talk/send keys. Mine doesn't, but some do.
    I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. It's a touch screen. The Tour/Bold/Curve are not.
    07-12-09 12:41 PM
    us tour owners arent TOUCHING the screen. sometimes when you press the trackball in it ripples the bottom which is quite annoying
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-12-09 at 12:59 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-12-09 12:45 PM
    I believe a lot of the concern, (mine anyway), is from people that carry their phone in
    Their pocket.
    If I carried my tv in my pocket, that would be a concern also....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:46 PM
    It that unlike the 8300 sesies that has the screen below a cover the Tour screen is right at the top. Tjis is why this happens now. No space between the 2.

07-12-09 12:47 PM
    I was just wondering. Sorry for being concerned...
    But at least it's npt a defect or whatever. Thanks
    Yea I checked that too, One of the reviews I saw the guy was saying that he had a concern with the screen being too sensitive. but yea just leave it, it will be fine. Man I cant put this phone down lol
    07-12-09 12:49 PM
    I believe a lot of the concern, (mine anyway), is from people that carry their phone in
    Their pocket.

This is exactly why I am concerned.

I'm probably just going to buy a slip pouch for the phone instead of carrying it naked like I did with the storm and curve. And a screen protector..
    07-12-09 12:49 PM
    Their pocket.

Valid point. Make sure you keep your phone in a case. Cheap option to protect, not only the screen, but the device in general.
    07-12-09 12:51 PM
    I've pressed and pushed the screen and don't see this issue. The buttons do't cause the ripple effect either. I had this on my original Bold though.

07-12-09 12:54 PM
    My Samsung instict touch screen phone has a ripple effect if I press it firmly. Usually when i try to press a link and it wont do anything, I press it again a little harder and I notice it. Big deal!!!
    07-12-09 12:59 PM
    Hmm i sadly have to agree with the OP , im not touching the screen though lol , when i hit the end button the bottom right of my screen ripples.........
    07-12-09 01:03 PM
    All this talk about screen rippling is making me worried to apply the BSE/phatomskinz with water lol

07-12-09 01:28 PM

LMAO!! that was the best post i have read on here today!

by the way people just don't press on your screen and you wont see ripples, and no it wont effect how long the phone will last
    07-12-09 01:30 PM
207 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD