Hi guys,
    I am out of contract by about 6 months now, and I am still on the original Sero 500 plan. If i try to upgrade to the tour through the sprint site, it tells me I have SERO and need to do it through the ERPR site, which doesn't have the phone listed yet.
    Should i try calling telesales, or retentions? I don't want to make too many calls, I'd rather know now before getting bounced from department to department and waiting on hold forever.

Also, can best buy handle upgrades for people with old SERO?

Thanks guys.

UPDATE: Anyway, i just called retentions, and they placed an order for me. It worked out really well, since the Tours are on backorder, and they couldn't change my plan right now. So I kept my current Sero plan for now, i have the phone coming in at the 199$ price, and I had the rep put notes on my account that I can switch to Voice only Sero 500 and get the blackberry pack added (paid for now, free later on). Awsome.
    Retentions is so much easier to work with.
    Last edited by d3maxt; 07-12-09 at 11:01 AM.
    07-12-09 09:26 AM
    I'd say the best way to go about it would be to head in to a store and do it that way. They'll be able to handle everything really easy for you.
    07-12-09 09:27 AM
    Sprint store? I thought they don't launch until 8/2.
    Or did you mean Best Buy?
    07-12-09 09:29 AM
    Hi guys,
    I am out of contract by about 6 months now, and I am still on the original Sero 500 plan. If i try to upgrade to the tour through the sprint site, it tells me I have SERO and need to do it through the ERPR site, which doesn't have the phone listed yet.
    Should i try calling telesales, or retentions? I don't want to make too many calls, I'd rather know now before getting bounced from department to department and waiting on hold forever.

Thanks guys.
    I have the old sero and I was able to order.
    07-12-09 09:36 AM
    I have the old sero and I was able to order.
    Through telesales or online or what department?
    07-12-09 09:43 AM
    online, I didn't log in first.
    07-12-09 09:44 AM
    I just logged onto the SERO site and the Tour isn't there...where online? I used sprint.com/sero
    07-12-09 09:47 AM
    I went though the regular site, and upgraded.
    07-12-09 09:50 AM
    then you guys don't have true SERO accounts, maybe you had some clones.

Anyway, i just called retentions, and they placed an order for me. It worked out really well, since the Tours are on backorder, and they couldn't change my plan right now. So I kept my current Sero plan for now, i have the phone coming in at the 199$ price, and I had the rep put notes on my account that I can switch to Voice only Sero 500 and get the blackberry pack added (paid for now, free later on). Awsome.
    07-12-09 10:18 AM
    Thanks for the PMs guys!
    07-12-09 11:01 AM
    So how much is the 'Voice only Sero 500' + 'blackberry pack?' I have a Q9C and have been looking for an upgrade, but I've been out of contract since May 09. Currently riding on the Sero 500 plan and would hate to give this plan up.

Any help appreciated.
    07-14-09 09:26 PM
    What did you tell retention exactly in order to keep sero? I've tried a few times and they werent able to help me really. If I managed to activate this phone w/o the blackberry pack would i be able to use opera and send texts for free or would I be charged?
    07-16-09 10:30 PM
    Ordered mine through corporate plan at work. Sprint has an online site for our company (large media conglomerate). Order was easy and it asks if you want to keep your current plan. I have the $30 sero 500 FF with unlimited data, texts, pic messages, etc. I activated online via chat and they didn't even ask about the sero plan. The phone was activated, but you can't use the browser and sprint tv is not visible. You can download all the browsing, gmail, gmaps, etc here from user spoonjab http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/gma...-files-124684/ and text messaging works out of the box. He also updated the post to get the native bb browser to work along with mms so you can do OTA app installations. BIS does not work, but the tour + $30 sero is awesome. Can't be beat!
    07-20-09 12:46 PM
    Hi! Read your post and it is very interesting. I need upgrade my phone very soon. Can you let me know what the retention number is and how to get it work for an old SERO plan by having BB tour? Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

Thanks guys.

UPDATE: Anyway, i just called retentions, and they placed an order for me. It worked out really well, since the Tours are on backorder, and they couldn't change my plan right now. So I kept my current Sero plan for now, i have the phone coming in at the 199$ price, and I had the rep put notes on my account that I can switch to Voice only Sero 500 and get the blackberry pack added (paid for now, free later on). Awsome.
    07-24-09 08:51 PM
    As you guys no it is getting very difficult to get this done anymore. They flat refused to sell me one and I ended up going with an EPRP plan.

Another round about way to do it is order pretty much any othher phone and exchanging in your 30 day window for a Tour. I have seen several people do it this way, actually makes getting free BIS a little easier as well.
    07-24-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD