Why is verizon selling retail for $489 while bestbuy sells it retail for $699? any hidden costs from bestbuy? just a bit confused since i work at bestbuy and was thinking of buying it today...
    07-12-09 08:58 AM
    best buy is all about profit.
    07-12-09 08:59 AM
    Why is verizon selling retail for $489 while bestbuy sells it retail for $699? any hidden costs from bestbuy? just a bit confused since i work at bestbuy and was thinking of buying it today...
    I think the reason is that with Verizon, you still have to choose a plan even with $489 while at Bestbuy you will walk away with no commitment at all.
    07-13-09 01:03 AM
    I think the reason is that with Verizon, you still have to choose a plan even with $489 while at Bestbuy you will walk away with no commitment at all.
    That's not necessarily the case. With either company you don't have to activate in store. I would agree with buzzdar that Best Buy is all about profit. Also you have to realize that VZW buys phones at X rate and marks them up at Y rate. Best Buy probably has to buy them from VZW higher then Verizon's cost, and then Best Buy marks up their price from that. Capitalism my friend.
    07-13-09 01:14 AM
    BestBuy jacks up the retail prices of all their phones to deter people from buying them. No contract = no commission for BestBuy from the carrier.

It is possible, depending on the manager, to get them to pricematch the full retail to the carrier. I did it with my Verizon Curve.
    07-13-09 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD