Are there some websites?
    07-11-09 09:15 PM
    My suggestion would be to get Slacker and cache some stations on your memory card. You won't be able to play the exact song anytime you want but you can get a lot of music for free. If you have any music on your computer or any CD's it is simple enough to get them on your phone. As far as getting free music downloads, I'm sure a google search would be a good place to start.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 09:25 PM
    Well, technically, no music is free. Are you asking where you can download music and not pay for it??
    07-11-09 09:26 PM
    Well, technically, no music is free. Are you asking where you can download music and not pay for it??
    No, I don't mind paying for it. I just have never owned an MP3 player or an Ipod before my BB. So I am brand new to downloading music.

What sites?
    07-11-09 09:31 PM
    iTunes is the BEST place to buy songs. I bought many songs from there, and it's really the best.

You can also try amazon.com, but iTunes can sync with your BlackBerry with no issues.
    07-11-09 09:47 PM
    Don't tell anyone but here's the best: wwwDOTskreemrDOTcom

07-11-09 10:09 PM
    It's easy to transfer your music to your BB with BB Media Sync. Also you can go to Myxertones.com and create your own ringtones from music on your computer.
    07-11-09 10:46 PM
    I just transferred all my music using the usb cable and windows. What does media sync do?

07-12-09 12:03 AM
    OK, there's like 3 topics going on in here.

1. Best place to get MP3's legally: iTunes--however, don't they come with DRM on them, which means they won't be able to play on the BB?

2. Then someone started talking about ringtones.

3. Then someone started talking about how to get them ON to the BB.

OP, has your question been answered?
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    07-12-09 12:07 AM
    i hate itunes. I use amazon to get my mp3s
    07-12-09 06:27 AM
    Just be sure if you go with iTunes that you get te DRM free songs.
    07-12-09 07:16 AM
    DL a torrent player for totally free. But some singles can be found at MP3raid.com. Ensure you have some anti virus or phishing filter protection

07-12-09 07:51 AM
    LimeWire...free music, search for whatever u want...like the above poster said just make sure you have some good anti-virus software installed.

i have over 2, 000 songs & no viruses
    07-12-09 10:11 AM
    do NOT use itunes. if you download the M4P files off of itunes you can't transfer them (easily) to your blackberry. An easy site that has a lot of popular songs is wwwDOTbeemp3DOTcom. when you go there, type in the song you want. it'll give you a list to choose from. look at the song lengths and make sure its >30 seconds cause otherwise it's a ringtone. Then click on it, it will ask you to type in some letters to verify your human. Then it will give you a link. DON'T click the link. Instead, right click it and go to "save target as". Put it in a convenient file (i just call mine 'downloads') then it will start downloading. afterwards open it up and voila! you now have the song. It's very easy then to transfer it to blackberry by either using media sync or rhapsody.
    07-12-09 01:01 PM
    LimeWire...free music, search for whatever u want...like the above poster said just make sure you have some good anti-virus software installed.

DL a torrent player for totally free. But some singles can be found at MP3raid.com. Ensure you have some anti virus or phishing filter protection

Disclaimer: Not entirely legal
    paulnsam39 and KatKatKatina like this.
    07-12-09 01:05 PM
    Are there some websites?
    I know it's kind of old school, but, what I do is use a record store near me that gives me a free CD for every 3 I buy one month and then credits me four CD's for every 3 I trade in the next month. I download and store 'em in my laptop and then transfer to my BB media card. I know it's not 'free', but it's pretty friggin close, supports a local small business and allows me to hang out at a cool record store every now and then.
    07-12-09 01:51 PM
    I use Amazon and 7digital.com for drm free mp3's.

Are Limewire and the bit torrent legal? If yes why do the posters highlight the need for good PC security? Any decent site will sell you the music without trying to f**k up your PC.
    07-13-09 03:03 AM
    Or maybe you can try these out Free MP3 downloads @ KOHit.net or
    Download Free Mp3 Songs, Lyrics, Albums And Charts @ Get-Music.net or AirMp3 FREE MP3 Downloads & Free Music Downloads
    they're free to download either from you're BB (provided you have Opera Mini available on your phn) or you're Pc. If you download'em to your Pc or laptop (Into Your Personal Mp3 Folder) you can easily transfer them to your BB. Also, if you have your BB hooked up to your computer, you can just have the Mp3's automatically downloaded and sent directly onto your BB. If you have any folders already setup on your BB as far as Mp3's go, then you may want to have the Mp3 music sent directly to that particular folder on your BB phone. Hope this Helps.
    Last edited by 1Kool guy; 07-20-09 at 12:48 AM.
    07-20-09 12:39 AM
    You can also go to mp3raid.com- its FREE and so is mosh.nokia.mobi
    You can dl for different types of phones as well as pick up wallpapers themes and ringtones. Enjoy~

07-20-09 12:45 AM

limewire is packed full of viruses i would not try it. especially if your new to the mp3 world, just load your cds into your computer open windows media play and rip then click and drag them into your bb's memory card.
    07-20-09 09:17 AM
    I use Limewire dot com also and I have never had any problems , very easy to use and thousands of songs.
    07-20-09 09:23 AM
    I've found this site a while back and it works great! www.mp3raid.com allows you to find just about any song by title or artist and it gives you hundreds of options. For being so large, its actually the most user friendly site out there, and the best part is its FREE! All you do is put the site in your search bar on your Bolt, Opera mini, or Blackberry browser and it will take you straight to the main screen. When you think you know the name of the song or band just type it in the mp3raid search bar and click search. It will pull up every song it has in its system and even plug in the next available match for your current search. The site supports wap, mp3, and mp4 files and is all done OTA! When you find the song you want click it and scroll down to the "listen" bar where it will first ask you only once to type in a captcha code for it to properly work on whatever Blackberry model your using (but will also support just about any carrier or phone model that uses mp3 files). Then go ahead and download to your hearts content! Just remember that some of the files might not be supported by there domain anymore "unsupported media" so if the link you open does not download just open up the very next link below. Most importantly if the link allows you to "open or save" the file make sure to open the file first so that you see that's the full song and not just a small clip of the track. Hope this helps you all out! PM or PIN me if you have any other questions. Feel free to add me so you can thank me later. ENJOY!!!
    07-30-09 03:01 AM
    i use limewire and it does not mess up my computer but that because i am smart with it and do not download videos i have almost 1,000 songs and havent paid for them
    08-10-09 03:16 PM
    i use limewire and its loads onto my itunes then i just put it on my bb. so easy!
    08-10-09 03:22 PM
    Another vote for Limewire. I've had one bad file in the hundreds that I've gotten off of there, but my virus software got it.
    08-10-09 04:00 PM
53 123