Well, today I shut down my Treo 700p and purchased a new Storm. I was a little nervous based on some of the bad comments posted here and reading other reviews. But on the flip side, there seemed to be just as many happy campers.

The Verizon guy said he was able to check various Storms in stock and made sure I got one where the screen springs were set up with the right amount of pressure for clicking. He even liked it better than the one he uses.

He transfered my 1000+ Treo contacts, showed me a few cool things, recommended a couple of free downloads (ScreekLock and QuickPull 2.0) and I was on my way.

I've been messing with it for most of the day and so far I'm also a happy camper. I'm still getting my barrings as to where everything is and I'll start customizing my icons for my own preferences tomorrow.

Although I typed pretty quick with my old Treo, I'm only just a little bit slower with the Storm. I'm sure I'll be faster as time and practice permits.

There are definitely things I like better with the Storm than the Treo. One is how my Yahoo email is automatically sent to me once I get a new message. I'll have to see how to set that up for my office email.

The web browser is also better on the Storm as far as size and clarity, but I did like how the Treo's browser looked like a regular one with the web address and buttons (refresh, stop, etc.) at the top. But the bigger screen on the Storm outweighs that.

One thing I'm trying to train myself to do now (since it seems to be the cause of most problems) is closing out of apps that I'm not using. Hopefully that and the nightly QuickPull program will keep my Storm running smooth.

Soon I'll start really making this Storm my own with themes, games, and apps.

So basically so far, for me this is "The Perfect Storm".

Scrapping Guy
    07-11-09 08:59 PM
    KWelcome to the storm. As soon as you feel comfortable, update your os to 151, you won't regret it. Don't worry about messing up, there is always someone here to help you. Ignore the naysayers, they are pretty much just jealous iphone users. I hope your storm works out for you as well as mine has for me.
    07-11-09 09:47 PM
    Welcome to the Storm Nation! I'm sure that there are plenty of things that you will come to fall in love with when it comes to your new storm. And of course, if you ever have any problems, the forums are an amazing resource to answer basically every question or problem that you could possibly run into with your Storm. I hope you enjoy your new Berry!
    07-11-09 10:23 PM
    Welcome. 1000+ contacts, I must say pretty impressive. Welcome to the forum, you will have a blast!
    07-11-09 10:30 PM
    Yes Go For The .151
    07-11-09 10:32 PM
    Congrats on your new phone and welcome to the addiction. One piece of advice before starting a thread do a search or you will have some over eager member telling you to search. But. Welcome again and it will grow on you if you just be a little patient with the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 10:38 PM
    Thanks for the welcome guys and gals. I'm glad to see that there's a HUGE volunteer tech support team here to help me out if needed. Hopefully I'll be able to answer questions more than ask as time goes by.

I'm looking forward to falling in love with my Storm over and over again. It is without a doubt the sexiest phone I've ever owned.

Move over wife

Scrapping Guy
    07-11-09 10:43 PM
    Just take some time and get used to the storm. You will love it
    07-11-09 10:44 PM
    Also, you might try using SureType in portrait mode for a week or two to see if you get used to it. I used landscape for about 3 weeks, and thought it was okay, but now that I am used to portrait/suretype, I will never go back. Unless I get a phone with a physical keyboard that is.
    07-11-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD