I'm in shock, and amazed!
    My 1 year VIP upgrade is due on September, 11 so I figured there would be NO chance of me being able to upgrade early.

I dialed *611 and went to technical service>blackberry and immediately spoke to the most wonderful rep ever. There was absolutely no threatening, or getting angry. I simply just played dumb and asked when I would be able to upgrade my line because I was very interested in the Tour.
    She told me, and then I asked, "You wouldn't happen to know if that date could be moved up any, would you?" And she was so polite and started talking about how she loves selling customers data plans and that she was going to IM her supervisor.
    Anyways, to make a long story short(er), a rep will be calling me tomorrow to sell me the Tour at my VIP price!

So happy right now!
    07-11-09 01:38 PM
    Glad to hear it man. I am sure You will enjoy your new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 03:15 PM
    Same thing just happened for me. I wasn't due to early-upgrade until Aug 12 so I called and they moved it back today and it now allows me to upgrade today at the discounted price.

07-11-09 03:20 PM
    Glad to hear it man. I am sure You will enjoy your new device.

Thank you!
    I'm getting really excited!
    07-11-09 03:39 PM
    My 1 year VIP upgrade is due on September, 11 so I figured there would be NO chance of me being able to upgrade early.

I dialed *611 and went to technical service>blackberry and immediately spoke to the most wonderful rep ever. There was absolutely no threatening, or getting angry. I simply just played dumb and asked when I would be able to upgrade my line because I was very interested in the Tour.
    She told me, and then I asked, "You wouldn't happen to know if that date could be moved up any, would you?" And she was so polite and started talking about how she loves selling customers data plans and that she was going to IM her supervisor.
    Anyways, to make a long story short(er), a rep will be calling me tomorrow to sell me the Tour at my VIP price!

So happy right now!

I need to try the same thing! I'm not due until 9/21, and it's actually my wife's line (secondary) that is due. I emailed customer service and they told me I could upgrade as early as 60 days prior, which is 7/21. Anybody think I will have any luck getting it pushed back even further if I call *611???
    07-11-09 03:56 PM
    I need to try the same thing! I'm not due until 9/21, and it's actually my wife's line (secondary) that is due. I emailed customer service and they told me I could upgrade as early as 60 days prior, which is 7/21. Anybody think I will have any luck getting it pushed back even further if I call *611???
    Absolutely.
    I emailed and they basically said no-way. You'll have to pay full retail. You have barely used 6months of your NE2.

And I called today and was super polite and hung up jumping up and down.
    And yes, I realize that it's ridiculous that I was doing that, I was just, and still am really excited.
    07-11-09 03:58 PM
    Absolutely.
    I emailed and they basically said no-way. You'll have to pay full retail. You have barely used 6months of your NE2.

And I called today and was super polite and hung up jumping up and down.
    And yes, I realize that it's ridiculous that I was doing that, I was just, and still am really excited.
    Are you going to be ordering yours over the phone and getting it delivered, or are they just noting your account so you can go to the store to get it?
    07-11-09 04:01 PM
    Are you going to be ordering yours over the phone and getting it delivered, or are they just noting your account so you can go to the store to get it?
    The rep told me I had to order it over the phone.
    I asked about noting in my account, but no luck.
    Hopefully I'll get it before I have to go out of town on the 14th.
    07-11-09 04:03 PM
    i emailed verizon CS and they never responded to my email BUT they updated my upgrade date from 8/22/09 to tomorrow! i plan on ordering the phone at midnight tonight.
    07-11-09 04:04 PM
    i emailed verizon CS and they never responded to my email BUT they updated my upgrade date from 8/22/09 to tomorrow! i plan on ordering the phone at midnight tonight.
    Congrats! I hope you're just as excited as I am to get my hands on the Tour!
    07-11-09 04:12 PM
    I'm gonna give it a try in a little while. I'm so inpatient! You'd think I could wait another 9 days but the anticipation of my first BB is killing me!
    07-11-09 04:18 PM
    I'm gonna give it a try in a little while. I'm so inpatient! You'd think I could wait another 9 days but the anticipation of my first BB is killing me!
    I feel you!
    I wish you luck!
    07-11-09 04:20 PM
    It all depends on your tenure, your ARPU (how much you pay every month) and your payment/previous credit history.
    07-11-09 04:21 PM
    It all depends on your tenure, your ARPU (how much you pay every month) and your payment/previous credit history.
    My credit history is fine...I've only missed one payment, and it was an honest mistake which I corrected immediately...Been with VZW since January 08 and I have a 1400 family share plan with unlimited text/pic messaging....sound good enough???
    07-11-09 04:28 PM
    Good news about all these early upgrades. I'm patiently waiting to it myself tomorrow. ***fingers crossed***
    07-11-09 04:39 PM
    See that's the weird thing. We are on a family plan that was 2 separate plans until recently,have had Verizon for almost 10 years, never missed a payment. I even have auto pay since 2007, 2 Blackberry plans, home phone with them as well. Never asked for anything always waited until NE2 date or after to upgrade but..... we upgraded in feb-mar and I emailed, called and wife called last week requesting promo/2 yr price for either line for Tour and they said no way possible we could upgrade or get promo price. One rep said it's not even available to pre-order until after July 12th. I knew she wasn't aware and I'm not the pushy in your face type so I just kindly referred her to the website. I wasn't upset or anything, just wish it was consistent. Love Verizon though, I'd never switch. I'm waiting until next week to callback after the hoopla calms down then I'll decide if I should just pay retail
    07-11-09 04:56 PM
    Probably more to do with tenure than anything.
    Of course, I have been with verizon paying upwards of $500 a month for about 10 years now. What is that? $60,000 that they've gotten out of my wallet?
    Never been late either.

But ultimately, I think it's all up to who you speak with and their supervisor.
    07-11-09 05:07 PM

So happy right now!
    Of course they love selling data plans to customers, haha. I'm pretty sure that's why I got my upgrade moved from November (contract ends in March 2010).

I called back when it first appeared on the site and the lady (in exec relations) told me she'd love to upgrade me to a data plan, but since I'd wanted the Tour she noted my account and said she'd give me a call when it "rolled out" to place my order.

I left her a message on Thursday asking if it was possible to place an order now. Didn't hear from her, and plan to call her first thing Monday morning to get my order in.

I really hope I get that order in Monday before noon, as I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday!
    07-11-09 05:39 PM
    Of course they love selling data plans to customers, haha. I'm pretty sure that's why I got my upgrade moved from November (contract ends in March 2010).

I called back when it first appeared on the site and the lady (in exec relations) told me she'd love to upgrade me to a data plan, but since I'd wanted the Tour she noted my account and said she'd give me a call when it "rolled out" to place my order.

I left her a message on Thursday asking if it was possible to place an order now. Didn't hear from her, and plan to call her first thing Monday morning to get my order in.

I really hope I get that order in Monday before noon, as I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday!
    Yeah. I'm leaving Tuesday and coming back Friday, so I hope that it comes in by Tuesday afternoon. Which it's not. I'm just hoping for the best.
    07-11-09 05:41 PM
    I know it's kinda off topic but anyone wanna help me? My cousin is a teen who is really wanting a Blackberry especially after he saw my wife's Curve and my Storm. Anyone wanna help out? I would really appreciate it.
    07-11-09 05:59 PM
    I know it's kinda off topic but anyone wanna help me? My cousin is a teen who is really wanting a Blackberry especially after he saw my wife's Curve and my Storm. Anyone wanna help out? I would really appreciate it.
    1) VERY off-topic.
    2) I don't really understand what you need help with? Is there something specific? I'm 16, so if you're wondering about whether the phone is too much for him, a) there's countless threads about that already, and b) obviously my opinion is no, the blackberry ISN'T to much for a teen. As much as it is a business phone, it's also made for consumers.
    07-11-09 06:04 PM
    Help by Donating. I don't expect much, but it never hurts to ask. LOL
    07-11-09 06:06 PM
    Just called *611 for i'd say third or fourth time, (always polite) to ask for a pushed up annual upgrade date. Guy said hang on, came back and his supervisor authorized an early upgrade date to today.

As soon as local VZW store opens ill be waiting for my Tour, cant wait.
    07-11-09 06:07 PM
    Just called *611 for i'd say third or fourth time, (always polite) to ask for a pushed up annual upgrade date. Guy said hang on, came back and his supervisor authorized an early upgrade date to today.

As soon as local VZW store opens ill be waiting for my Tour, cant wait.
    They are letting you get it at the store?!
    That kind of upsets me.
    They said I had to do it via Telesales. And as the rep was so nice, I didn't want to press the issue anymore then just asking if it was possible. In which she said it wasn't.
    Hmm. Maybe I'll just show up to Verizon tomorrow morning and see if I can get them to do it based on the notes in my account.
    07-11-09 06:10 PM
    Good news about all these early upgrades. I'm patiently waiting to it myself tomorrow. ***fingers crossed***
    I think I'll wait for the wifi on the tour with sprint. I heard that its coming down the pipeline in a few months. So anybody wanna sell their old sprint blackberry since your upgrading!??? Just want another toy to play around with. Would like one with a hybrid os installed, but not to really needed! Excuse me while I sip my tea........
    07-11-09 06:35 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD