Ok, i was offered a Blackberry 8900 for sale so i took it, had the charger e.t.c. ok after a few days whiclst working i dialed a number and came up on screen "Call Failed" i was told that the phone maybe blocked and cant use it!!

Now is there anyway to get around this?? im on orange network!! if i was to change networks to T-mobile would it then work or what can be done?

Thanks In Advance!!

Regards

J
    07-11-09 04:58 AM
    Call Failed, at least for me, generally means that the network wouldn't allow the call.

Now, that could mean bad network. Or, that could mean bad phone. If you were able to previously make calls, then I'm guessing that could have been a 1-time thing. Otherwise... well, talk to your provider. They can probably tell you better than I can that you just got scammed on the phone. Sorry
    Last edited by cdaiscool; 07-11-09 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Fix a smiley
    07-11-09 05:05 AM
    More often than not for me it's a wi-fi problem, never had it happen with only radio turned on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 06:19 AM
    I am taking one recently and hope wi-fi won't give me much trouble.
    07-11-09 07:15 AM
    Well the guy i got it from has done a runner, so im stuck with a phone i cant use, i have a pay as you go chip in there, its seems i can use it on one of my other phones but when its in the Blackberry it says call failed, now it registers my network name but no calls can be made!! would it be blocked by the network? if so how can i get it to work.... its not on contract so i have no business with the network im using cos its pay as you go!!

J
    07-11-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD