On the Tour is the GPS a blackberry tour thing and then the VZ Navigator is something else from verizon or are the two together?
    07-10-09 11:35 PM
    Vz navigator is a turn by turn direction app offered by Verizon. The internal GPS on the tour is open and unlocked so that you can use and GPS software. If you look a little further down this forum there is a long discussion about GPS software both paid and free.

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:39 PM
    Download the new TeleNav v5.5 for the Tour...

TeleNav

Don't forget to check out the new downloadable voices (Guide Tones).

Located under: Share & More>Preferences>Navigation Audio>Guide Tones
    07-12-09 06:06 PM
    I tried to get Garmin earlier but it's not letting me, saying it's not compatible with my device. I would prefer to purchase (one time) rather than pay a monthly fee.

Guidetone: the tour is not on their compatibility list?
    07-12-09 06:07 PM
    i am using telenav. i can confirm its working on the tour. go to their website telenav.com and select tour in Vzw.
    07-12-09 09:46 PM
    i am using telenav. i can confirm its working on the tour. go to their website telenav.com and select tour in Vzw.
    Telenav just told me live that it will not be available for the VZW Tour until August 2. The link posted above gives an error when "Other" is selected.

Does anyone have it working on their VZW Tour? The CS Rep said not until August 2. There seems to be some conflicting info.
    07-12-09 09:55 PM
    Thank You for givin out the download link for Telenav.
    But when i check the official telenav website it said i have to pay $9.99 a month to use the software. so i was just wondering if the link you provided is free software for telenav or i still have to pay for it..

Download the new TeleNav v5.5 for the Tour...

TeleNav

Don't forget to check out the new downloadable voices (Guide Tones).

Located under: Share & More>Preferences>Navigation Audio>Guide Tones
    07-14-09 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD