I just got my blackberry and whenever I connect it to my computer through USB, it doesn't give me the option to put the phone on hard drive mode. Never asked me for the option.

Whenever my friends connect their bb to my computer, it gives them the option so it can't be the computer...

How do I change the preference?
    07-10-09 08:19 PM
    Options>Memory>set the following

Media Card Support ON
    Mass Storage Mode Support ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected YES or PROMPT
    07-10-09 08:24 PM
    Thanks!
    I tried it but it doesn't work...
    07-10-09 08:40 PM
    What doesn't work? What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Did I perhaps misinterpret your post? Making the above settings (remember to save them) will allow you to use your BB as a Flash Drive. Is this not wha you are trying to do?
    07-10-09 08:43 PM
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do.
    I've set all those settings (they were all default anyway) except I tried changing Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected to YES from PROMPT.
    When I connect it via USB, the phone just charges, and the desktop manager does recognize it as device but mass storage mode doesn't turn on.
    07-10-09 09:27 PM
    Just to confirm, you can't "see" the drive when looking in "My Computer" on your PC? Depending on your PC settings, the drivs may not automatically pop up, you may have to find them.

If it still is not detecting the media card, try using a different USB port, to see if that makes a difference.
    07-10-09 09:30 PM
    Yea, I'm not "seeing" the drive in "My Computer"
    I'm not sure if I'm suppose to see anything on my phone but I don't see anything on my phone either.
    Even when I turn the Auto Enable option to "Prompt" I don't get any prompt on the phone.

As for different USB ports, I tried different ports, the ones that worked on my friends' bb's... still no luck...

Thanks for staying with me and helping!
    07-10-09 09:46 PM
    Quick question, Under Options>Memory, you haven't set Encryption on have you?
    07-10-09 09:51 PM
    Also, you mentioned your friend's BB's. Have you tried hooking one of theirs up to your PC? Did they have the same problem, or did the PC detect their card? The answer will help determine if the problem is with the BB or the PC.
    07-10-09 09:56 PM
    Not meaning to sound redundant, but have you tried resetting the phone, (ALT + Right shift+ Delete, or a battery pull? They really can be a fix all solution when earlier attempt were unsuccessful.

Bryan
    07-10-09 10:42 PM
    Quick question, Under Options>Memory, you haven't set Encryption on have you?
    No, I haven't. Should I?

Also, you mentioned your friend's BB's. Have you tried hooking one of theirs up to your PC? Did they have the same problem, or did the PC detect their card? The answer will help determine if the problem is with the BB or the PC.
    PCs not the problem because their bbs are able to go on storage mode through my computer.
    07-11-09 04:41 PM
    Not meaning to sound redundant, but have you tried resetting the phone, (ALT + Right shift+ Delete, or a battery pull? They really can be a fix all solution when earlier attempt were unsuccessful.

Bryan
    Let me try that!
    07-11-09 04:41 PM
    I just got my blackberry and whenever I connect it to my computer through USB, it doesn't give me the option to put the phone on hard drive mode. Never asked me for the option.

Whenever my friends connect their bb to my computer, it gives them the option so it can't be the computer...

How do I change the preference?

Is it a refurb?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 08:25 PM
    07-11-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD